Rock Band series - Rock Band 4 out now

This may not be a Rock Band only question but I didn't see the need to start a new thread this.

The Rock Band part: I want to get Rock Band 1 just to export the songs for use in RB2 or RB3 whenever I get it. Anyone remember how much the export fee was?

Guitar Hero (gasp) question: Does anyone know how many songs are exportable from the Metallica disc? I only want to buy it if a majority of the songs are exportable. I know world tour had very few exportable songs... very frustrating.

Thanks in advance! Hopefully the GH question won't get flamed.

The export fee for RB1 is 400 MS Points. It doesn't export Enter Sandman, the "Paranoid" Cover or the "Run to the Hills" Cover.

GH Metallica has 39 Exportable songs for 480 MS Points... List below in Spoiler.

Bob Seger & the Silver Bullet Band - "Turn The Page (Live)"
Diamond Head - "Am I Evil?"
Kyuss - "Demon Cleaner"
Lynyrd Skynyrd - "Tuesday's Gone"
Machine Head - "Beautiful Mourning"
Mastodon - "Blood & Thunder"
Mercyful Fate - "Evil"
Metallica - "Battery"
Metallica - "Creeping Death"
Metallica - "Disposable Heroes"
Metallica - "Dyers Eve"
Metallica - "Enter Sandman"
Metallica - "Fade To Black"
Metallica - "Fight Fire With Fire"
Metallica - "For Whom The Bell Tolls"
Metallica - "Frantic"
Metallica - "Fuel"
Metallica - "Hit The Lights"
Metallica - "King Nothing"
Metallica - "Master Of Puppets"
Metallica - "Mercyful Fate"
Metallica - "No Leaf Clover"
Metallica - "Nothing Else Matters"
Metallica - "One"
Metallica - "Orion"
Metallica - "Sad But True"
Metallica - "Seek And Destroy"
Metallica - "The Memory Remains"
Metallica - "The Shortest Straw"
Metallica - "The Thing That Should Not Be"
Metallica - "The Unforgiven"
Metallica - "Welcome Home (Sanitarium)"
Metallica - "Wherever I May Roam"
Metallica - "Whiplash"
Motorhead - "Ace Of Spades"
Samhain - "Mother Of Mercy"
Social Distortion - "Mommy's Little Monster (Live)"
The Sword - "The Black River"
Thin Lizzy - "The Boys Are Back In Town"

EDIT - Beaten by two minutes. That's some bang-up service pal.

[quote name='demonhellcat']This may not be a Rock Band only question but I didn't see the need to start a new thread this.

The Rock Band part: I want to get Rock Band 1 just to export the songs for use in RB2 or RB3 whenever I get it. Anyone remember how much the export fee was?

Guitar Hero (gasp) question: Does anyone know how many songs are exportable from the Metallica disc? I only want to buy it if a majority of the songs are exportable. I know world tour had very few exportable songs... very frustrating.

Thanks in advance! Hopefully the GH question won't get flamed.[/QUOTE]

Most basic RB questions you have are going to be answered in the OP. I wish people would reaaaad it. But it's 400 pts/$5.

I believe the Metallica disc lets you export almost everything to GH WoR (including some of the non-Metallica songs), I believe it was 480 pts. It was free a few weeks back but that offer is long over.

Sorry I didn't read the OP... I'll admit it, I'm guilty of just hitting "last page" and posting my question. But thanks for the answer anyway.

[quote name='RichMeisterMan']http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qTZPFNhzHms

Just wondering if Rock Band is this serious for anyone here. I've yelled fuck and then quit playing, but never anything like this! LOL![/QUOTE]

I've felt like that when playing by myself for achievements or goals or whatever, but not when playing with people for fun.

^ Wow... People who do this shit need to be committed because it's this same kind of lack of control that leads people to kill. Call it heat of the moment, rage, whatever. It's a lack of cognitive thinking. I've gotten pissed at video games plenty, and will maybe "throw" a controller at my carpeted floor when it's a foot away. But smashing your expensive ass flat screen TV is just further punishing yourself and making the situation worse. Where's the video of 5 minutes later showing how pissed off the guy was when he realized he was a fucking idiot?

Also, that drummer is terrible, lol.

So MTV is looking to dump Harmonix.

Viacom today said they plan to sell the company behind Rock Band, Kinect's Dance Central and the original Guitar Hero.

The mammoth company didn't explain why they want to sell off Harmonix, but it's likely tied to not just the slow down in gaming sales, but also what seems to be a distinct drop off in interest in the instruments-required rhythm games.

No word on who might be picking Boston-based Harmonix up, but since the developer has an on-going publishing deal with Electronic Arts, the second largest game maker in the world, that seems like a distinct possibility.

Some people think the sky is falling, but I'll bet you that if this news wasn't made public we wouldn't even notice. It's not like artists are suddenly going to shun Rock Band just because they don't have a direct association to MTV. We'll still get weekly DLC from major and practically unknown artists, and it will still be awesome some weeks and suck other weeks.

I was talking more in terms of DLC as far as changes we'll see as fallout from this....we won't notice a difference anytime soon.

This definitely isn't encouraging as far as Harmonix's overall standing for the mid-to-far future though. I wonder if they're getting some (US) sales figures back and it's looking pretty grim. We already knew the UK ones were awful but that had to be at least a little bit expected.

I'd assume someone will pick them up but who knows what kind of a hit they'll wind up taking.

Wait wait wait. Harmonix is LOSING money?

They create the definitive music game and one of the only halfway decent Kinect games...and they LOSE money?

I...hate...the average consumer. (On second thought, I guess it could be Harmonix's fault for overspending. I'm sticking to my original thought, though.)

I'm going to go buy the full Bon Jovi pack because of this.

[quote name='RichMeisterMan']http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qTZPFNhzHms

Just wondering if Rock Band is this serious for anyone here. I've yelled fuck and then quit playing, but never anything like this! LOL![/QUOTE]

I love the camera guy. "Who the fuck plays Rock Band on a Saturday night?". My question is, who sits around and films people playing Rock Band on a Saturday night?

Here's another statment about the sale of Harmonix...

[quote name='paidcontent.org']Viacom is currently in talks with several buyers for game developer Harmonix, said Philippe Dauman, Viacom’s president and CEO, at the start of the company’s Q3 earnings call. He didn’t say anything about the poor sales that have plagued the unit, since hitting a high with its release of its Beatles Rock Band game late last year. “Our decision to exit this business strategy is to focus on what we do best, and that’s creating world class entertainment,” he said. “The console games business requires expertise we don’t have. For us, this is all about focus.” [/QUOTE]

http://paidcontent.org/article/419-...ale-is-about-focus-digital-dollars-not-dimes/

[quote name='n8rockerasu']^ Wow... People who do this shit need to be committed because it's this same kind of lack of control that leads people to kill. Call it heat of the moment, rage, whatever. It's a lack of cognitive thinking. I've gotten pissed at video games plenty, and will maybe "throw" a controller at my carpeted floor when it's a foot away. But smashing your expensive ass flat screen TV is just further punishing yourself and making the situation worse. Where's the video of 5 minutes later showing how pissed off the guy was when he realized he was a fucking idiot?

Also, that drummer is terrible, lol.[/QUOTE]

Yeah... it was kind of funny to see, but I don't understand that stuff, either. You and I can both get pretty heated in discussions in general, but we have enough sense not to break our shit. I've not even thrown a controller since the SNES days. I attribute that mostly to growing up, but still, I can't afford to be replacing $50 controllers. That's the price of a whole new game right there.

I'm calling Bullshit on that video. We can't see a picture on the tv from that carefully placed angle, so I'm guessing it was already broken. Plus, the guitarist is standing and playing, but not wearing a shoulder strap. Who does that?

I think music game sales have slowed down dramatically due to oversaturation. It's primarily Activision's fault for publishing so many Guitar Hero and other music titles. Rock Band hasn't been overdone (unless you find track packs annoying) but RB comes with or uses plastic instruments, just like Guitar Hero, DJ Hero, and Band Hero. So it gets lumped in with the general apathy towards seeing a million music games and instruments piling up.

[quote name='BigPopov']I don't even know what MTV brings to the table.[/QUOTE]

Clout is what I figure. If I were to add conjecture, I'd say that negotiations to bring songs into Rock Band were probably easier with the MTV name backing Harmonix.

“Our decision to exit this business strategy is to focus on what we do best, and that’s creating world class entertainment,” he said.

29zv9ky.jpg

Yeah.

so just as I thought it would happen, it's all coming to be true so far. I didn't buy rock band 3 (due to the songs listed not being worth it) and had a feeling this would happen then read this today. It sucks and people aren't heavily into music games like they were before. It sucks that they stopped support for past rock band dlc songs as well and only focusing on rb3 future dlc so forget about it.

Please don't let Harmonix be bought by Activision. Please don't let Harmonix be bought by Activision. Please don't let Harmonix be bought by Activision. Please don't let Harmonix be bought by Activision. Please don't let Harmonix be bought by Activision.

--

Since they are adding Bee Gees they should also add ABBA. It would be awesome to play Knowing Me, Knowing You.
A-ha!

While it is activision's fault for over saturation; it's Harmonix's fault for not having any kind of advertising addressing Guitar Hero and how Rock Band is the superior game. All they've done is say they have way more DLC available. Casual folks don't care about DLC for the most part.

If I was Harmonix I would dedicate some of my add dollars to taking shots at Guitar Hero.

Wouldn't EA make the most sense for Harmonix to go to? Since they helped release all the Rock Band games and all and I doubt they want anyone else butting in on that.

[quote name='intoxicated662']so just as I thought it would happen, it's all coming to be true so far. I didn't buy rock band 3 (due to the songs listed not being worth it) and had a feeling this would happen then read this today. It sucks and people aren't heavily into music games like they were before. It sucks that they stopped support for past rock band dlc songs as well and only focusing on rb3 future dlc so forget about it.[/QUOTE]

Don't let the door hitcha.

[quote name='RichMeisterMan']While it is activision's fault for over saturation; it's Harmonix's fault for not having any kind of advertising addressing Guitar Hero and how Rock Band is the superior game. All they've done is say they have way more DLC available. Casual folks don't care about DLC for the most part.

If I was Harmonix I would dedicate some of my add dollars to taking shots at Guitar Hero.[/QUOTE]

Correct. Because all you see/hear about is DLC & Keyboard now available on rock band. They need to point out other things like 3 part harmony singing on the mic and other plus things that they added/updated. No one I know buys any dlc and when playing on xbl, it's a small percentage of a chance that other people will have dlc and when they do, it's just like 5 songs.

[quote name='KaneRobot']Yeah.[/QUOTE]

Jersey Shore is most definitely world class entertainment.

Oh, and here's my obligatory RB metal post: WE NEED MORE METAL

[quote name='BigPopov']I don't even know what MTV brings to the table.[/QUOTE]You don't see how being connected to MTV and more importantly Viacom would be helpful when your game pretty much 100% depends on music licensing?

I don't really care if we're stuck with RB3 for a while but I hope the silver lining here is that crafting the game was the hard part and now they don't need that many people to maintain it and author/license songs.

I wonder if it was in their best interest to lock out RB1, RB2 and LRB from new DLC or put such an emphasis on pro modes that I imagine are largely ignored by their player base.

[quote name='RichMeisterMan']Dude...who isn't in for Stayin' Alive?[/QUOTE]

More for Nights On Broadway so I can mock Jimmy Fallon & Justin Imberlake

"Livin' it up on the Barry Gibb show!"

Also imgine the vocal harmonizing!!!! Brutal!

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='intoxicated662']It sucks that they stopped support for past rock band dlc songs as well and only focusing on rb3 future dlc so forget about it.[/QUOTE]

Jesus fucking Christ, they gave you THOUSANDS of songs for Rock Band 1 & 2 between on-disc, RBN, and DLC. If you're not satisfied with that, tough fucking shit. Best DLC support for ANY GAME, EVER, WITH NOTHING ELSE EVEN COMING CLOSE. If Rock Band 3 DLC has HALF the lifespan of the first two games, it's impressive.

Rock Band isn't going anywhere. Someone will buy them and they'll continue to release DLC as usual.

[quote name='irratebass']More for Nights On Broadway so I can mock Jimmy Fallon & Justin Imberlake

"Livin' it up on the Barry Gibb show!"

Also imgine the vocal harmonizing!!!! Brutal![/QUOTE]
Somehow, someway I forgot there are harmonies for this DLC. I'm not even going to attempt.

Plus I CAN'T be the only one to think of this when I say Stayin Alive for next week. Don't mind the black screen for first 10 seconds, works after that.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=notQIEs_zkQ

[quote name='porieux']Please don't let Harmonix be bought by Activision. Please don't let Harmonix be bought by Activision. Please don't let Harmonix be bought by Activision. Please don't let Harmonix be bought by Activision. Please don't let Harmonix be bought by Activision. [/QUOTE]
If you think Activision's going to buy a company that just lost $300 million, then you don't know Activision.

Edit: Unless they buy they so they can fire them.

[quote name='KaneRobot']Jesus fucking Christ, they gave you THOUSANDS of songs for Rock Band 1 & 2 between on-disc, RBN, and DLC. If you're not satisfied with that, tough fucking shit. Best DLC support for ANY GAME, EVER, WITH NOTHING ELSE EVEN COMING CLOSE. If Rock Band 3 DLC has HALF the lifespan of the first two games, it's impressive.

Rock Band isn't going anywhere. Someone will buy them and they'll continue to release DLC as usual.[/QUOTE]

Proof? By the way, they didn't really give much. At the most, about 5 free dlc tracks and those were in a way to promote the artists/bands. Everything else, I paid for and imported into rock band myself. I'm speaking from my own personal experience of course. Oh and it's about 2,000 dlc songs released but that includes songs from other games you can import and what not. Did I say I wasn't satisfied with the dlc? No. I've stated that the song list for rb3 isn't good. Tough shit? Yeah, for me and everyone else who hasn't purchased the game. You won't be saying that when they get sold and perhaps go under. Music games are already going away and I don't know anyone who is still playing them much nowadays. When was the last time you played on xbl with other (random) people and they had alot of dlc? It's rare for me and I play online often.

How much is Intoxicated going to complain before his posts get deleted by a moderator? We're taking bets now, folks!

Also, it's silly to think that Harmonix would go under any time soon.

[quote name='eastx']How much is Intoxicated going to complain before his posts get deleted by a moderator? We're taking bets now, folks!

Also, it's silly to think that Harmonix would go under any time soon.[/QUOTE]

Complaining? More like explaining my reason behind me not purchasing rb3 (yet) and such, learn to comprehend. Also, didn't know cag was in a dictatorship state of mind (Castro?). Oh I forgot, we aren't allowed to have an opinion & freedom of speech. Stop worrying about me and do you. Silly to think harmonix would go under any time soon? I guess you haven't been keeping up with gaming companies nowadays and do not realize many are going under. No one is an exception and no need to get upset, calm down fez.

[quote name='intoxicated662']Complaining? More like explaining my reason behind me not purchasing rb3 (yet) and such, learn to comprehend. Also, didn't know cag was in a dictatorship state of mind (Castro?). Oh I forgot, we aren't allowed to have an opinion & freedom of speech. Stop worrying about me and do you. Silly to think harmonix would go under any time soon? I guess you haven't been keeping up with gaming companies nowadays and do not realize many are going under. No one is an exception and no need to get upset, calm down fez.[/QUOTE]

Well pin a rose on your nose! You saw the whole thing coming down the pipes so you didn't buy RB3. Good for you, because with this recent news about harmonix the rest of us that jumped early will surely be in financial ruin by the turn of the new year.

Have you considered becoming the Secretary of the Treasury? With someone as savvy and miserly as you the economy could make a full turn around this time next year.

You bought a fully, working game @ launch and no one forced you. Don't be mad at me or anyone else as it is your own fault. The game will still work properly and all, just might not get future dlc "support" or anything else but for the price you paid, it is fine and does what it is suppose to. Again, you guys are taking this too serious and lashing out at me for me not purchasing rb3 and stating my reason(s). Have you considered shopping smarter and not making impulse purchases? Now settle down and watch your temper. By the reactions i've gotten on here, I hope this deal does go through and perhaps Activision will acquire them and we can finally just have 1 rock music game entirely. By the way, none of you have even stated how often you come across someone who has alot of dlc when you play on xbl. But oh well, wasted words.

[quote name='intoxicated662']You bought a fully, working game @ launch and no one forced you. Don't be mad at me or anyone else as it is your own fault. The game will still work properly and all, just might not get future dlc "support" or anything else but for the price you paid, it is fine and does what it is suppose to. Again, you guys are taking this too serious and lashing out at me for me not purchasing rb3 and stating my reason(s). Have you considered shopping smarter and not making impulse purchases? Now settle down and watch your temper. By the reactions i've gotten on here, I hope this deal does go through and perhaps Activision will acquire them and we can finally just have 1 rock music game entirely. By the way, none of you have even stated how often you come across someone who has alot of dlc when you play on xbl. But oh well, wasted words.[/QUOTE]

Not wanting to get into this particular bitch battle, but remind me again why anybody here cares whether or not you bought RB3? I fail to see why that matters to anybody. I'm perfectly happy with my RB3 purchase, and I don't feel the need to start running around crying that the sky is falling just because MTV doesn't want to make video games anymore. I also don't care that you didn't buy RB3. Believe it or not, what you purchase has little impact on my day to day life (shocking! :shock:) What if I were to call all the people who bought Black Ops stupid? What sense does that make...and who the fuck would care?

I agree with you to an extent but however, I was just stating my reason(s) as to why I did not buy rb3 @ launch and now people are sour over today's news. Again, the game will still function properly and all so need to act like they are getting rid of online play or anything that'll impact the game. I guess you didn't read the other posts so go ahead and do that before commenting. By the way, you state you don't care...yet, you replied. Oh the irony. To top it off, I will be buying rb3 but until it hits under $30 or maybe even less. We'll see what news follows in the coming weeks.

[quote name='n8rockerasu']Not wanting to get into this particular bitch battle, but remind me again why anybody here cares whether or not you bought RB3? I fail to see why that matters to anybody. I'm perfectly happy with my RB3 purchase, and I don't feel the need to start running around crying that the sky is falling just because MTV doesn't want to make video games anymore. I also don't care that you didn't buy RB3. Believe it or not, what you purchase has little impact on my day to day life (shocking! :shock:) What if I were to call all the people who bought Black Ops stupid? What sense does that make...and who the fuck would care?[/QUOTE]

If Cheapassgamer had a "Like" button, you just earned yourself a +1.

To answer your question about "How many people I run into online that own a lot of DLC?". Well, I don't play online that much so I couldn't tell you. I own a lot of DLC, but prefer the warm company of human bodies playing with me.

It seems like he ran out of other people to bitch to so he came here to ruin our fun. We like the game and think it was a great purchase. Now can we get on with our lives? I don't want to have to say something completely random and disgusting just so people forget about this stupid conversation.

That being said, I'm ranked 33rd on the "It's My Life" expert pro keys leaderboard. Hooray for mastering a really easy song!

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='intoxicated662']I guess you didn't read the other posts so go ahead and do that before commenting. By the way, you state you don't care...yet, you replied. Oh the irony. To top it off, I will be buying rb3 but until it hits under $30 or maybe even less. We'll see what news follows in the coming weeks.[/QUOTE]

Telling me to read the other posts before commenting, immediately after telling others to respect your opinion and freedom of speech. Oh the irony...

Could you be more of a tool?

[quote name='n8rockerasu']Telling me to read the other posts before commenting, immediately after telling others to respect your opinion and freedom of speech. Oh the irony...

Could you be more of a tool?[/QUOTE]

Who even uses the word "tool" nowadays? Really? :drool: I was stating to read my posts to know what is going on and what not. I guess you can't comprehend and understand things clearly. Don't be upset because of today's rock band news little one, it'll be okay. There's still life after this.

[quote name='2DMention']Bee Gees for DLC Next week:

http://www.rockband.com/forums/show...Viacom-Selling-Harmonix&p=4171164#post4171164

• Jive Talkin’
  • Night Fever
  • Nights on Broadway
  • Stayin’ Alive
  • Tragedy
  • You Should Be Dancing
Probably in for Stayin' Alive[/QUOTE]

Are you fucking kidding me? I actually put a request on the rock band site some time ago for "Stayin' Alive" and now, here it is :bouncy: Probably going to get Jive Talkin' and You Should Be Dancing, too.

If that request worked, maybe they will have Lita Ford's "Kiss Me Deadly" down the road, too.

bread's done
Back