Rock Band series - Rock Band 4 out now

[quote name='D_Icon']Queen, Lynyrd Skynyrd, B.B King, the Bee Gees, Bon Jovi weak? "FAIL" post.[/QUOTE]

People who use the word "FAIL" and actually quote it, are pretty pathetic to me.
If the only way you know how to insult someone (which isn't even necessary) is by using one word, which doesn't even sum up any actual thought and is more overused than "Where's the Beef?" in the 80's, then don't bother.
Also the guy that said speak for yourself, obviously I was. I'm sick of people online who think their snarky comments are needed, they aren't, if you agree or disagree fine, but who needs someone to say speak for yourself, or FAIL, that doesn't add anything to the conversation.
Also I'm not saying any of the bands I mentioned are more mainstream than Lennon, Bee Gees, or Joel, but they are more mainstream than most bands I would prefer to have on the game, so I feel they should receive a fair amount of downloads and maybe even bring in new players. I don't mind classic rock, I listen to a fair amount, but Skynrd is monotonous country trash, Joel and Bee Gees are pop music, Queen and Bon Jovi were cash in opportunities more than anything else, and anything worthy from Lennon was included on Beatles Rock Band already. I was only voicing my opinion on the fact that maybe this material could've been spread out over the next couple of months, with some music recorded after 1990 sprinkled in for good measure. I didn't think voicing my opinion, and rather passively at that, would offend so many people, but I guess it's true what they say about people who hide behind a computer screen.
One question: Doesn't it seem odd that they're trying to justify someone spending money on a keyboard peripheral by making them spend more money on a compatible song that they already own?
-Goatman

[quote name='goatindaruffness']I don't mind classic rock, I listen to a fair amount, but Skynrd is monotonous country trash, Joel and Bee Gees are pop music, Queen and Bon Jovi were cash in opportunities more than anything else, and anything worthy from Lennon was included on Beatles Rock Band already.[/QUOTE]

Skynrd is less monotonous than Fear Factory or Type O Negative. :roll:

I didn't think voicing my opinion, and rather passively at that, would offend so many people, but I guess it's true what they say about people who hide behind a computer screen.

It offended me as you listed some really shitty bands minus Dream Theater (granted, not my cup of tea but deserving enough to show up in Rock Band). We already have enough of that crap with the inclusion of Du Hast on the disc.

Just looked at the RBN songs from the past month or so. Might have to grab some Nonpoint, and maybe a couple others. I like how they replaced the "date added" information.

[quote name='KaneRobot']You're a fucking clown if you dismiss Type O as "crap." Would be magnificent in RB3 now that we've got keys.[/QUOTE]

Needs more Children of Bodom and Cradle of Filth.

[quote name='goatindaruffness']
Also I'm not saying any of the bands I mentioned are more mainstream than Lennon, Bee Gees, or Joel, but they are more mainstream than most bands I would prefer to have on the game, so I feel they should receive a fair amount of downloads and maybe even bring in new players. I don't mind classic rock, I listen to a fair amount, but Skynrd is monotonous country trash, Joel and Bee Gees are pop music, Queen and Bon Jovi were cash in opportunities more than anything else, and anything worthy from Lennon was included on Beatles Rock Band already. I was only voicing my opinion on the fact that maybe this material could've been spread out over the next couple of months, with some music recorded after 1990 sprinkled in for good measure. I didn't think voicing my opinion, and rather passively at that, would offend so many people, but I guess it's true what they say about people who hide behind a computer screen.
One question: Doesn't it seem odd that they're trying to justify someone spending money on a keyboard peripheral by making them spend more money on a compatible song that they already own?
-Goatman[/QUOTE]

Sorry everybody, but I have to agree with Mr. Goatclown here. Well put sir, well put.
Anybody notice new stuff on RBN is $2 now? Whatever happened to $1 songs?

Why cant I see all of the DLC while in the Rock Band 3 menu? I am confused. I went to the official website and couldnt find the songs I wanted there either.

Ha, "FAIL". Not my word, thus the quotes. It also gets the point across. Your opinion in my opinion is fuck. Don't get offended, it's my opinion. I wasn't when you suggested your bands.

Think about it, you listing your preferred music is bound to illicit an opinion, "Snarky" remarks do add to the conversation. People are entitled to disagree on a statement , especially when the statement is made public. Just as you are entitled to your opinion on music, I can say it sucks and suggest alternatives. My statement might not add anything to you but it can influence others to decide and question your opinion. Think about a poll, "more people are buying orange juice than apple juice" What do you get out of it? A majority's opinion which can be reinforcing to a person's next step(buy oj or apple) .

I'll say it again, keep the classics coming (SRV, Pink Floyd from the top of my head). I need more than 70+ songs in my library that utilizes the peripheral.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Soodmeg']Why cant I see all of the DLC while in the Rock Band 3 menu? I am confused. I went to the official website and couldnt find the songs I wanted there either.[/QUOTE]

Please be more vague while asking a question. What songs are you talking about?

[quote name='D_Icon']
I'll say it again, keep the classics coming (SRV, Pink Floyd from the top of my head). I need more than 70+ songs in my library that utilizes the peripheral.[/QUOTE]
Said it before, but I'll say it again; Pink Floyd, fun to listen to, but would be so boring to play. Unless on drugs. Oh man the drugs and the times that can be had!

[quote name='2DMention']
Anybody notice new stuff on RBN is $2 now? Whatever happened to $1 songs?[/QUOTE]

RBN has always had a mix bag of prices.

Normally how I saw it...
80 pts - Unknown/a few known artists
160 pts - Mainstream/signed artists
240 pts - Crazyiness... don't know why someone goes for it

$1 tracks still exist. Here are recent examples...
I Am King Troy - Stereo Stereo
Bojibian - Hallway
Single Whie Infidel - The History of Execution

I noticed browsing the RBN in RB3 that it does in fact categorize by subgenre. It just lists it when you sort by genre. You don't select it like RB2, you have to scroll through them.

Called it on the Lennon thing for next week (EDIT - although looking back now, it apparently wasn't on this forum...d'oh)

Next week:

John & Yoko, The Plastic Ono Band – Happy Xmas (War is Over)
Anaïs – “Peut-Être une Angine”
BB Brunes – “Dis-Moi” X
BAP – “Verdamp Lang Her”
Wir sind Helden – “Nur ein Wort”
Linea 77 – “Fantasma”
Litfiba – “Proibito”
Caesars – “Jerk It Out” X

Yeah. Can't wait to rock out to Nur ein Wort...I guess.

[quote name='lordopus99']Boring ass goth music... yay... for me to poop on.[/QUOTE]

Geez, you wouldn't think an opinion could actually be wrong, but...here we are. Nice job classifying them as a "goth band" though. The ol' "look at a picture of the band" judgement is always a solid foundation for making a point.

And going back a couple of pages - the ridiculous "I'm glad it's not in the game" statement is fucking stupid regardless of what the content is. I don't WANT the stuff from the upcoming country pack 2 release, but I don't care if it's in the game for others who do want it. Please GTFO and let the adults have a conversation if you are "glad" certain music isn't in the game. You don't need to hang around here just to be a dick for being a dick's sake. For Rock Band to be a sustainable, healthy platform it needs everything it can get. Nobody is making you buy anything.

It's annoying that the "recommended" tracks just seem to be whatever is out that week...at least for me. It's odd, because at first I was actually getting recommendations (no matter how inaccurate they may be), but now it's just pushing new tracks at me. I would have hoped that by ranking tracks I'd be getting more accurate recommendations.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='2DMention']I noticed browsing the RBN in RB3 that it does in fact categorize by subgenre. It just lists it when you sort by genre. You don't select it like RB2, you have to scroll through them.[/QUOTE]

Ahhh, thanks. That is exactly what I was talking about.

[quote name='CaptainJoel']Hey guys, what are some good 80 point songs in RBN?[/QUOTE]
Depends on what kind of stuff you're into. For example, I like the Gwar song but if you're not into metal you probably won't care about it.

[quote name='CaptainJoel']Hey guys, what are some good 80 point songs in RBN?[/QUOTE]

Definitely Doomsday Party by Sybreed. I wish they'd add keys to it but they probably won't.

Caesars – “Jerk It Out” X

Probably only in for Caesars. Pretty decent song. Should be some good keyboard parts too. I wish it would have been Strawberry Weed, but I'll take what I can get.

Love the Caesars, nice to see them getting in RB. What's with all the foreign songs though? That's a bunch of odd choices imho. They're sometimes fun to play, but are crap for parties because nobody wants to try and sing, lol.

Anyone else wish RB3 let you rate songs based upon instrument? There's a lot of songs that I would give 1 or 2 stars on guitar (cuz they are boring as hell or suck imho) that are actually a lot of fun on keys or drums. Would make more sense to rate them per instrument.

[quote name='Zmonkay']Love the Caesars, nice to see them getting in RB. What's with all the foreign songs though? That's a bunch of odd choices imho. They're sometimes fun to play, but are crap for parties because nobody wants to try and sing, lol.

Anyone else wish RB3 let you rate songs based upon instrument? There's a lot of songs that I would give 1 or 2 stars on guitar (cuz they are boring as hell or suck imho) that are actually a lot of fun on keys or drums. Would make more sense to rate them per instrument.[/QUOTE]

I'll take a bunch of foreign German songs I won't play/buy over a straight month of classic rock.

I agree with the rating. It's a start, but it would be better if you could rate it per instrument. Although how would you do it as a band? I refuse to rate any of them until I play at least 2 instruments on each song. (Unless I really like the song).

I think I like drums the most, because they can be any easy/difficulty in any genre. With indie rock and alternative, drums could be easy or tough. Metal, everything but vocals is tough.

[quote name='2DMention']Definitely Doomsday Party by Sybreed. I wish they'd add keys to it but they probably won't.
[/QUOTE]

I 2nd this; It's hard but it's good.

Also, I don't know if it's 80 points but Complexity of Light by Children of Nova is definitely must have IMO.

[quote name='RichMeisterMan']I 2nd this; It's hard but it's good.

Also, I don't know if it's 80 points but Complexity of Light by Children of Nova is definitely must have IMO.[/QUOTE]

Du Hast is fun on keys; I would assume DDP would be great too.

[quote name='KaneRobot']Geez, you wouldn't think an opinion could actually be wrong, but...here we are. Nice job classifying them as a "goth band" though. The ol' "look at a picture of the band" judgement is always a solid foundation for making a point.[/QUOTE]

Two lines into the Wikipedia article on Type O states "commonly viewed as a GOTHIC metal band." Not my words... Have you even watched any of their videos? They are dark and have religious signs/symbolism. They even have song for their "Gothic Girl." It is more than just judging them based on their look. The singer keeps his voice musky and dark and keeps the lyrics dark and gloomy. The epitome of goth music.

Here is a Rolling Stone article about Peter Steele's death. They also state Type O Negative as Goth Metal. http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/type-o-negative-singer-peter-steele-dead-at-48-20100415

And going back a couple of pages - the ridiculous "I'm glad it's not in the game" statement is fucking stupid regardless of what the content is. I don't WANT the stuff from the upcoming country pack 2 release, but I don't care if it's in the game for others who do want it. Please GTFO and let the adults have a conversation if you are "glad" certain music isn't in the game. You don't need to hang around here just to be a dick for being a dick's sake. For Rock Band to be a sustainable, healthy platform it needs everything it can get. Nobody is making you buy anything.

You obviously took my opinion to heart, which was not the intent. I stated MY opinion on the bands listed. Everyone has different musical taste.

I was not the only one who expressed an opinion by that comment. No need to state "GTFO and let the adults have a conversation". Adults don't have to do personal attacks. Have a conversation and back it up with facts; thats what adults do. See above.

RBN was made so that the shitty bands that were listed could enter into your RB3 library. Besides that, I would rather Harmonix spend their efforts getting us bigger acts and more famous tracks, whether I want to purchase them or not. Let the RBN authors take care of the other needs.

[quote name='2DMention']Definitely Doomsday Party by Sybreed. I wish they'd add keys to it but they probably won't.
[/QUOTE]

[quote name='RichMeisterMan']I 2nd this; It's hard but it's good.

Also, I don't know if it's 80 points but Complexity of Light by Children of Nova is definitely must have IMO.[/QUOTE]
Good call on Sybreed! I actually bought that a while back and loooooved it!

I'll check out Complexity, too :D Thanks!

Why aren't there more free promotional tracks for goofy songs? I imagine that releasing a Rock Band track associated with your product would be a cool way to promote it. I don't know what led to its creation, but there is a song on the market by The Colbert Show of all things. There's also a South Park track on there that would have been a good example of a free track to promote a show, but you have to pay for it.

I'm also wondering if they'll ever throw some video game music up there. There are some cool tracks from Silent Hill 2 that I would love to play. Here's a good example: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t2v7aYuo_YM

[quote name='Spokker']Why aren't there more free promotional tracks for goofy songs? I imagine that releasing a Rock Band track associated with your product would be a cool way to promote it. I don't know what led to its creation, but there is a song on the market by The Colbert Show of all things. There's also a South Park track on there that would have been a good example of a free track to promote a show, but you have to pay for it.

I'm also wondering if they'll ever throw some video game music up there. There are some cool tracks from Silent Hill 2 that I would love to play. Here's a good example: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t2v7aYuo_YM[/QUOTE]

They do. I made a game with zombies in it has a track, as does Super Meat Boy (On RBN). Some Chiptunes are coming to RBN when keyboards are supported too.

[quote name='2DMention']I'll take a bunch of foreign German songs I won't play/buy over a straight month of classic rock.

I agree with the rating. It's a start, but it would be better if you could rate it per instrument. Although how would you do it as a band? I refuse to rate any of them until I play at least 2 instruments on each song. (Unless I really like the song).

I think I like drums the most, because they can be any easy/difficulty in any genre. With indie rock and alternative, drums could be easy or tough. Metal, everything but vocals is tough.[/QUOTE]

If you have no interest in buying something either way, why would it matter what it is?

I for one am dying for more classic rock.

Case in point, where the fuck is more Bowie?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eF551z9KlA8

Why this isn't in the game is beyond me. Songs like that would have me looking hard at getting a pro guitar (already been thinking of getting one after getting a keyboard in the next week or so).

I'm still baffled at the absence of Meat Loaf. With the harmonies and keyboard parts I thought it was a shoe-in for DLC soon after Rock Band 3's release.

Dammit. Had a 6-person Rock Band party today and, as expected, we ended up only playing four people at a time because all the good party songs only support four players. you can be like "oh no, extremely niche Artist A is super fun to play with pals" but when half the group is Chinese girls, the best songs to play are ones that they know and niche songs are often sung by people who don't know the lyrics and don't even try, so they just mumble along and that's fucking annoying and a waste of a player spot.

Then they were like "let's play Imagine" and I'm all "shit sucks, but ohh yeah, 7-player support." Lol, no, and all the "3 players singing at once" shit is just a gimmick in and of itself because playing back-up sucks.

Rock Band, I am disappoint.

I mean, the core concept is still fun, but now I have to limit this shit back down to four people total because otherwise no one wants to switch and it ends up being a few people who only get to play 50% of the time. :/

/rant
/Shoulda_bought_some_My_Chemical_Romance_songs_instead_of_the_keyboard

I don't understand why you dropped to 4 players. Even if you're playing an old song, you can still use 3 microphones and everyone just sings the same part.

You serious? Well, the reason why I didn't do that is because I didn't know you could. Thanks for the tip; it'll definitely make these things more fun.

[quote name='Corvin']I'm still baffled at the absence of Meat Loaf. With the harmonies and keyboard parts I thought it was a shoe-in for DLC soon after Rock Band 3's release.[/QUOTE]

Meat Loaf, yes, and especially Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band. So many great piano-driven songs. Hell,the same guy, Roy Bittan, plays piano on Meat Loaf's Bat out of Hell album, as well as all the Bruce albums. Full-album DLC for Born to Run would be epic, or a mixed selection of classics, either way. #1 on my wish-list.

JourneyKeyboard--article_image.jpg

Make my dream come true Harmonix.

[quote name='DarkSageRK']
I mean, the core concept is still fun, but now I have to limit this shit back down to four people total because otherwise no one wants to switch and it ends up being a few people who only get to play 50% of the time. :/
[/QUOTE]Boy oh boy, what did people do before Rock Band 3? Just tell those waiting to go to the closest and screw and all will be well. That's what we do here.

[quote name='Spokker'] Just tell those waiting to go to the closest and screw and all will be well. That's what we do here.[/QUOTE]

Hell yes!

TEENWOLF.jpg

So has anyone else gotten this "Loading has failed for an unknown reason" message? I looked online and no one seems to know why, and most just end up starting a new game, which I would really prefer not to do.

[quote name='CaptainJoel']Hey guys, what are some good 80 point songs in RBN?[/QUOTE]I like Do you want to date my Avatar by the Guild, but I like synth pop and I like the Guild. I mostly stick to vocals and drums anymore. If you only play guitar, you may not like the synth mapped to the guitar.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=urNyg1ftMIU

Edit to add: The guild is a video podcast, not really a band.

Next week's DLC:

Paul McCartney – “Maybe I’m Amazed”
Paul McCartney & Wings – “Band on the Run”
Paul McCartney & Wings – “Helen Wheels”
Paul McCartney & Wings – “Let Me Roll It” X
Inhabited – “Open My Eyes”
Siouxsie and The Banshees – “Cities in Dust” X

(All tracks are original master recordings)

(These tracks will be available in Europe on PlayStation 3 system Jan. 5)

These tracks will be available for purchase as individual tracks, as well as “Celebrating Band on the Run Pack” on Xbox 360, PlayStation 3 system and Wii. Tracks marked with “X” will include Pro Guitar and Pro Bass expansions for $0.99 per song.

Price:

$1.99 USD, £.99 UK, €1.49 EU (160 Microsoft Points) per song

$0.99 USD (100 Wii Points/80 Microsoft Points), £0.59 UK, €0.79 EU per song for eligible Pro Guitar/Pro Bass upgrade

$6.99, £3.49 UK, €5.29 EU (560 Microsoft Points, 700 Wii Points) for Celebrating Band on the Run Pack

So we now that we have John and Paul DLC in RB3, I think it's time to move on to George and give us "All Things Must Pass"!

[quote name='Soodmeg']Wow, RB seems to just be heading in the complete opposite direction of my taste.[/QUOTE]

'eh. Up until RB3 we got mostly indie bands and hard rock/metal for 3 years. Classic rock was sprinkled in here and there, so it's almost like they are playing catch up to the other genres. I'm good with it right now.

Even though I have the live Band in the Run, I'll get this version just for the keys (and the fact that it's not live).

bread's done
Back