Rock Band series - Rock Band 4 out now

Now that we have cloud storage, I was wondering if I log in to my profile on a buddy's Xbox and use my RB profile will all my songs be on it even if I'm not using my hard drive?

Next week (the O indicates keyboards):

Rush – “Fly by Night” X
Rush – “Caravan” O
Rush – “The Spirit of Radio (Live)” X O
Black Veil Brides – “Rebel Love Song”
Volbeat – “A Warrior’s Call”

Oh, wait, fuck. Doesn't PSN only have like a scant potion of the overall RBN songs that you can get on XBL? Then that means there's only a small chance I'll ever see Kylesa?

Boo.

[quote name='darrenaero']Now that we have cloud storage, I was wondering if I log in to my profile on a buddy's Xbox and use my RB profile will all my songs be on it even if I'm not using my hard drive?[/QUOTE]
You only get 512MB of cloud storage, which is probably not enough for all of your music.

[quote name='pete5883']You only get 512MB of cloud storage, which is probably not enough for all of your music.[/QUOTE]

If that's how it works, then you're right. With the new Queen pack, I just hit 1000 songs.

I am ALL OVER that Volbeat song. I absolutely love that band. I actually got to meet Michael Poulsen at Heavy T.O. this past summer. Cool guy.

[quote name='mykevermin']Oh, wait, fuck. Doesn't PSN only have like a scant potion of the overall RBN songs that you can get on XBL? Then that means there's only a small chance I'll ever see Kylesa?

Boo.[/QUOTE]

Yeah. Was looking for a PS3 specific thread for RBN on the RB site but didn't see one.

wow, holy fuck. I've been pretty much ignoring RBN, especially because when it first started I didn't know a single artist, but there is some surprising stuff on there like:
a crap ton of Amberian Dawn
Steve Vai
Ronald Jenkees
Rodrigo y Gabriel
Stan Bush
Ayreon

Anyone have any song suggestions? (mainly rock/metal, but not screamer/death metal. I'd kill for instrument-only tracks from a lot of death metal bands, but the vocals kill it for me)

[quote name='Zmonkay']wow, holy fuck.

Ayreon

[/QUOTE]

Wait. WUT?!:hot: I must have missed that one, too. It says "Rock Band Mix", though. Wonder how different it is from the album cut.

It kills me that there is no freakin' way to sort by artist or date added on the RBN site.

[quote name='Zmonkay']wow, holy fuck. I've been pretty much ignoring RBN, especially because when it first started I didn't know a single artist, but there is some surprising stuff on there like:
a crap ton of Amberian Dawn
Steve Vai
Ronald Jenkees
Rodrigo y Gabriel
Stan Bush
Ayreon

Anyone have any song suggestions? (mainly rock/metal, but not screamer/death metal. I'd kill for instrument-only tracks from a lot of death metal bands, but the vocals kill it for me)[/QUOTE]
What? Ronald Jenkees is on RBN? Just made my day much better

Thinking of getting in on the Gamestop Powerup rewards offer on Friday (Buy 1 RB/GH title used, get 2 free!)

Any drawback to getting RB 3 used? I guess there's the possibility that the tracks won't be exportable to RB 4, but new copies of RB 3 have suddenly skyrocketed, I guess because they're only available in the guitar combo now.

Beatles has no export, so I guess I'll that + get a track pack or green day and hope the codes haven't been used.... I already have RB1, 2, Lego and Track Pack 2.

ok, so these Queen songs are reminding me why it's ok we don't have Pink Floyd. They're amazing, fantastic songs, but seeing as how I primarily play guitar, are boring as fuck. PF would prolly be similar. I forget which one, but there was basically a kick ass solo in the middle of the song, but otherwise zero guitar parts... I just karaoke'd along for kicks :D

VOLBEAT!!!!!

That will get me to play RB3 for the first time in months. Need more Volbeat! Guitar Gangsters and Cadillac Blood, please!!

[quote name='Zmonkay']ok, so these Queen songs are reminding me why it's ok we don't have Pink Floyd. They're amazing, fantastic songs, but seeing as how I primarily play guitar, are boring as fuck. PF would prolly be similar. I forget which one, but there was basically a kick ass solo in the middle of the song, but otherwise zero guitar parts... I just karaoke'd along for kicks :D[/QUOTE]

Yeah I agree. Everyone was shitting their pants wanting Don't Stop Me Now, but if you have guitar duties in that song, you're basically just sitting around waiting for the solo.

Would still rather have them than not have them, though.

[quote name='KaneRobot']Yeah I agree. Everyone was shitting their pants wanting Don't Stop Me Now, but if you have guitar duties in that song, you're basically just sitting around waiting for the solo.

Would still rather have them than not have them, though.[/QUOTE]

lol, yep. Didn't stop me from belting out the lyrics though :cool:

And shieryda... you're right, it's still not OK that we don't have Pink Floyd :whistle2:#

fuck fuck fuck, out of points. Have enough for the Devin Townsend song hitting RBN today and then I'm waiting for the inevitable Christmas points.

I was at Motor City Guitar in Waterford, MI last week and noticed they had two Squiers on the floor, so if anyone is still looking for one, they have a couple there. Not sure if they'd ship it but if someone is pants-shittingly bent on getting one I could probably go pick it up and ship it.

[quote name='DJP519']VOLBEAT!!!!!

That will get me to play RB3 for the first time in months. Need more Volbeat! Guitar Gangsters and Cadillac Blood, please!![/QUOTE]

I concur.

The Jimi Hendrix Experience – “Long Hot Summer Night” O
The Jimi Hendrix Experience – “Gypsy Eyes”
The Jimi Hendrix Experience – “All Along the Watchtower” X
Jimi Hendrix – “Voodoo Child (Slight Return) (Live)”
Jimi Hendrix – “Dolly Dagger”
Jimi Hendrix – “Freedom” O X
Jimi Hendrix – “Angel”

Also pro upgrades for Purple Haze and Little Wing.

They just had to attach the most dreaded word in the Rock Band language to Voodoo Child..."(Live)". Will probably get AATW at least.

All Along The Watchtower if my favorite Hendrix song, but I'm buying all these tracks. I love me some Hendrix. I'm wondering if they're not releasing Electric Ladyland in it's entirety because of the 2 10+ minute tracks.

[quote name='Corvin']Hmmm, I'd be down for some first album Powerman 5000 stuff. I'm not familiar with the track above.[/QUOTE]

The first as in their actual first album, or the first as in the first popular album / the one with "When Worlds Collide?" PM5k is one of the few bands where I think they actually got significantly better when they finally had a popular album. Their pre-fame stuff was ok but probably nothing I'd buy on Rock Band.

The stuff coming to RBN now, including that track above, isn't too bad. That track specifically sounds fairly close to their stuff from their peak popularity era.

No keys in Jimi, so I'm less inclined to buy it.

Powerman could be good, but like the above poster said, I'm more interested in "When Worlds Collide."

Isn't that Rob Zombie's brother's band?

According to the livestream, the following were announced/confirmed for early next year...
Huey Lewis and the News 3 pack
Bush 3 pack
Hall and Oates 3 pack

Hinted at Rush's 2112.

[quote name='lordopus99']According to the livestream, the following were announced/confirmed for early next year...
Huey Lewis and the News 3 pack
Bush 3 pack
Hall and Oates 3 pack

Hinted at Rush's 2112.[/QUOTE]

fucking sweet.

[quote name='lordopus99']Hinted at Rush's 2112.[/QUOTE]

This is what made Guitar Hero Warrior's of Rock worth while. Please be true!

Xbox 360 RBN Releases for Thursday, 12/22/2011

Alternative
  • Drugstore Fanatics - "Bullet" (80 MSP)
Hip-Hop/Rap
  • LEL Brothas - "Hatas (Rock Band Mix)" (160 MSP)
Metal
  • Deception of a Ghost - "These Voices" (160 MSP)
  • Devin Townsend - "N9 (2x Bass Pedal)" (160 MSP)
  • Fallen Angel - "Darkness" (160 MSP)
  • Morbid Angel - "Nevermore" (160 MSP)
  • Morbid Angel - "Nevermore (2x Bass Pedal)" (160 MSP)
  • Texas in July - "Hook, Line, and Sinner (RB3 version)" (160 MSP)
New Wave
  • Those Among Us - The Final Hour (80 MSP)
Pop/Dance/Electronic
  • Christina Marie Magenta - "Red Crayon" (160 MSP)
  • FantomenK - "The Massacre (Rock Band Mix)" (80 MSP)
Rock
  • Jonathan Coulton ft. Sara Quin - "Still Alive" (160 MSP)

Don't give a shit about Johnathan Coulton, but I do have a soft spot for Sara Quin of Tegan & Sara on vocals. So I guess I'm sold.

Next week

Cobra Starship (ft. Sabi) – “You Make Me Feel”
Gym Class Heroes (ft. Adam Levine) – “Stereo Hearts”
Panic at the Disco – “I Write Sins Not Tragedies” X
Paramore – “Pressure”
Sublime with Rome – “Panic” X
Travie McCoy (ft. Bruno Mars) – “Billionaire”

Love they went with early Paramore. Def in for it and most likely Panic.

This might be a stupid question, but any time I use the Rock Band hub store, all of the RBN tracks show up as unavailable. Is there something extra I need to do to be able to access them?

And definitely in for Panic and Paramore this week. Kind of wish Cobra was on Dance Central instead.

bread's done
Back