Rock Band series - Rock Band 4 out now

[quote name='redflare']This might be a stupid question, but any time I use the Rock Band hub store, all of the RBN tracks show up as unavailable. Is there something extra I need to do to be able to access them?[/QUOTE]
I dunno but I've had nothing but problems wit the standlone store as well since RB3 came out. I always just buy through the in-game store now.

RB sale at Amazon -

Keyboard $25, Pro Cymbals $20, RB3 + Keyboard bundle $46, Mustang-style pro guitar $55. Not sure if if it's much of a deal but also saw the keyboard stand for $12.50, MSRP is 30 bucks.

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=312147

[quote name='2DMention']No keys in Jimi, so I'm less inclined to buy it.

Powerman could be good, but like the above poster said, I'm more interested in "When Worlds Collide."

Isn't that Rob Zombie's brother's band?[/QUOTE]

Yeah.

And for what it's worth (probably not much), Long Hot Summer Night and Freedom from the Hendrix pack do have keys.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='2DMention']No keys in Jimi, so I'm less inclined to buy it.

Powerman could be good, but like the above poster said, I'm more interested in "When Worlds Collide."

Isn't that Rob Zombie's brother's band?[/QUOTE]

Yeah.

And for what it's worth (probably not much), Long Hot Summer Night and Freedom from the Hendrix pack do have keys.

[quote name='KaneRobot']I dunno but I've had nothing but problems wit the standlone store as well since RB3 came out. I always just buy through the in-game store now.

Good to know I'm not the only one. It's only the RBN tracks I've experienced an issue with. I'll try the in-game store next time I play.

[quote name='myl0r']has anyone used the pro mustang? is it worth getting?[/QUOTE]

I've never seen or used it, but it sounds like something that could break easy with all those buttons.

That was always my hang-up with the Mustang - what happens when one of the 100 (or whatever) buttons breaks on it? Based on the quality of past RB guitars it wasn't worth the risk to me.

Then again, I bought the Squier so I guess I'm not one to talk (although it has worked fine for me).

Does anyone know about using the keyboard with garageband on mac? It should be plug and play, but I can't get it to work. I have a USB-Midi cable.

Special note on buying the 2112 pack this week - if you buy the pack it includes a 20 minute medley version that combines all the tracks (similar to what they did with Abbey Road in Beatles RB). You also get the pro upgrades for free if you buy the full pack.

Planet Smasher from Devin Townsend is finally out on Rock Band Network. This is the one I've been waiting like a year for. Whoo.

Something I've noticed on the RB forums...hardware is beginning to dry up. Something I guess I never really considered before - a day may come when we're not gonna have anything to play these games with. I was going to buy one of those wood-body fake guitars but they aren't cheap due to the rarity increasing. I've got a guitar and drumset untouched from that Beatles premium set I won in the Pepsi promotion which I'll probably keep stored for as long as possible.

Point is...if you ever see a cheap guitar, may not be a bad idea to pick one up, especially if your current one has a lot of miles on it.

[quote name='KaneRobot']...Point is...if you ever see a cheap guitar, may not be a bad idea to pick one up, especially if your current one has a lot of miles on it.[/QUOTE]

Gotta 2nd this...I was playing earlier this week with my Xplorer and all of a sudden it just crapped out. None of the buttons worked on the controller. :cry: May she rest in peace.

Since I get a super shitty RBN experience (i.e., I own RB3 on PS3), I haven't paid attention to it much at all. That said, now that I bought a Mustang I've been looking at picking up more music. Do RBN songs have pro options at all? I haven't seen any that do (but, again, slim pickin's on the PS3 front).

[quote name='lordopus99']Week of 1/10
- Hall & Oates – Private Eyes
- Hall & Oates – I Can’t Go for That (No Can Do)
- Hall & Oates – Maneater[/QUOTE]

Oh, fuck yeah.

[quote name='mykevermin']Since I get a super shitty RBN experience (i.e., I own RB3 on PS3), I haven't paid attention to it much at all. That said, now that I bought a Mustang I've been looking at picking up more music. Do RBN songs have pro options at all? I haven't seen any that do (but, again, slim pickin's on the PS3 front).[/QUOTE]

No pro guitar on RBN. They do have stuff with keys.

Not yet.

Next weeks DLC
- The Edgar Winter Group – “Free Ride”
- The Edgar Winter Group – “Frankenstein” X
- Korn – “Freak on a Leash”
- Korn – “Falling Away From Me”

Korn is one of those bands where it has baffled me they don't have a ton of content in these games. I'll probably get both of those...wish they'd go back a little further in their catalog but whatever.

And most definitely in for motherfuckin' Frankenstein.

Freak on a Leash was in Guitar Hero: World Tour, but since I don't have the game, I will get this dlc. It looks like "Frankenstein" was in Guitar Hero, so I may or may not pass on that one.

I Just look forward to my friends doing the beat boxing part on Freak on a Leash. Though I know it's a bit too much, but was REALLY hoping for Blind from Korn more then anything else.

[quote name='KaneRobot']FWIW, Frankenstein from GH1 was a cover.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, and it was one of my faves in it! My only hope is the guitar is still fun, now that keys will separate the parts that were "combined" for sake of gameplay in GH1.

Either way, keys are gonna be a blast! Might have to rock it like a keytar to be more authentic :D

Next week on Rock Band...
- Creedence Clearwater Revival – Lodi
- Creedence Clearwater Revival – Have You Ever Seen the Rain? X
- Creedence Clearwater Revival – Susie Q

Available on Xbox 360, Wii™and PlayStation®3 system (January 31st, 2012):

* Sum 41 – “Fat Lip” X
* Sum 41 – “Still Waiting”
* Tears for Fears – “Head Over Heels” O

(These tracks will be available in Europe on PlayStation®3 system February 1st)

Tracks marked with “O” feature support for keyboards; tracks marked with “X” will offer Pro Guitar and Pro Bass expansions for $0.99 per song.

Price:

$1.99 USD, £.99 UK, €1.49 EU (160 Microsoft Points, 200 Wii Points™) per song
$0.99 USD (100 Wii Points™/80 Microsoft Points), £0.59 UK, €0.79 EU per song for eligible Pro Guitar/Pro Bass upgrade

I think I literally said "eew" when I read this.

Bah, you guys let me down not nominating this thread for the site awards! That Madden thread can't even come close to holding a candle to our longevity. Need to man up next year.

Anyone looking for a Squier pro guitar? I may be getting rid of mine. I've got my achievements and have had my fun...nothing wrong with it but I need both space and money. I'll probably put it on CL in the next week or two but I figured I'd see if anyone here was interested first.

[quote name='lordopus99']Next Week on Rock Band
- Bush – Everything Zen
- Bush – Comedown
- Bush – Machinehead X

Nice. Picking up the pack.[/QUOTE]

YES!!! It's about damn time! Nice to see all classic Bush there. Kinda hate that they went with a song that was already in Guitar Hero though (even though I love Comedown). The least they could have done was add pro guitar for it to add a little more incentive to buy. That said, I'm still in for the entire pack. :)

I Just remember Comedown was crazy fun on bass in Guitar Hero so I may pick up that pack just to get everything else as well.

bread's done
Back