Rock Band Special Edition Xbox 360/PS3! 149.46 at Sams Club! Not YMMV!

Ribbercage

CAGiversary!
Feedback
82 (100%)
Hey I just got done from working 3rd shift at Sams Club and we recieved Rockband Special Edition for 360 and PS3. We received 12 units for 360 and only 2 units for PS3. You can tell what console it more popular. Anyways I purchased 1 unit and rang up 149.46. Had no problems. I dont know if this game will be hard to find. People on ebay are sure acting like its gonna be. I didnt scan the receipt cause I didnt think I needed to. Im here to help my fellow CAG's. If your parents have a Sams Membership I suggest you get it there. I heard the MSRP was 169.99 or something so thats why im posting it. The guitar is also wired but, I dont think they made a wireless guitar for 360. It doesnt matter to me cause GH 3's Les Paul wireless guitar works with Rock Band and it feels better also. Sams opens at 7 AM for Business Members and Plus Members and at 9:30 or 10 AM for all regular members. Hope this is a help for anyone. The item maybe locked up if you dont see it on the floor for some reason. Just ask someone about it and have them check. I think I covered everything. GOOD LUCK EVERYONE HOPE I HELPED!
RIBCAGE

After reading this, I sent my wife to wait outside ours (we have a business membership). Hopefully ours has them as well. I wasted time going to 3 fucking wal-marts last night not knowing they were holding the 360 SEs for Black Friday. ****suckers.

[quote name='mietha']I wasted time going to 3 fucking wal-marts last night not knowing they were holding the 360 SEs for Black Friday.[/quote]
Wow I'm surprised they did that! I went to my Walmart (Pearland, TX) last night at midnight and they sold me a 360 version without any issues.

I wonder how fast these will sell out. I'm planning to go to Circuit City after work... think I'll be able to get a 360 bundle?

We got a memo saying we were supposed to hold four PS3 and four 360 versions, but that everything else could be sold. That's odd they're holding all of them... perhaps they didn't get as many in?

[quote name='mietha']After reading this, I sent my wife to wait outside ours (we have a business membership). Hopefully ours has them as well. I wasted time going to 3 fucking wal-marts last night not knowing they were holding the 360 SEs for Black Friday. ****suckers.[/quote]

That's surprising. I went to Wal-Mart and bought two 360 bundles. Seeing that I could have saved $40, I wished I would have waited a little longer now. Oh well, at least I got a couple.

[quote name='UncleBob']We got a memo saying we were supposed to hold four PS3 and four 360 versions, but that everything else could be sold. That's odd they're holding all of them... perhaps they didn't get as many in?[/quote]

Its crap anyway because at least at the Wal-Marts around me they had those paper coverings on the scanner deals by the entrances/exits that say "November 20" for Rock Band. Maybe those that hold back didn't put those out, otherwise I would raise hell. I'm tired of my Wal-Mart not having stuff on launch day. Its a SuperCenter too.

Thanks OP. I went to my Sam's club and it was just as you said; 12 for the 360 and 2 for the PS3. I was surprised that no one took any of them yet (though it was business hours, but still).

Does anyone have any idea if it is the same at Costco? My girlfriend has a business membership there but we never go, it'd be nice to get to use it once!

[quote name='tat2boy']Wow I'm surprised they did that! I went to my Walmart (Pearland, TX) last night at midnight and they sold me a 360 version without any issues.[/quote]

Which one, and how many did they have?

thank you so much. i'm going to call sam's club as soon as they open over here. my co worker is offering to take me since they have a membership. :) here's to hoping. *crosses fingers*

Confirmed at my Sam's Club in Avondale/Goodyear, AZ. I have a pre-order from Gamestop, but my wife called when she saw them at Sam's Club to see about picking up an extra for eBay or backup just in case when I get home there is an issue with my Gamestop copy. She grabbed one and while we were on the phone, they were all picked up by other people except for one PS3 version and one opened 360 version. She said there were a "bunch" when she first called me.

Picked the last ps3 1 up. Thanks op. They had 7 360 left. Appears as though 12 and 2 is what they have. Also I stopped at costco and did not see any. I don't think they have this.

Just picked one up. They had them there on the floor like nothing, only 4 for the 360 and 2 for the PS3. I snagged a 360 version and already cancelled my Amazon order. Now I don't have to wait for it to ship on December 3rd. Thanks for the heads up.

My Sam's just had 2 open shipping boxes on the floor. One had 2 360 bundles and the other had what looked like a demo unit (the guitar and PS3 disc were visible with some instructions). Now that I think about it, perhaps an employee accidentally opened up a PS3 version because the box is a behemoth. Got one at a great price, thanks OP.

Got the last one as well. The girl at the counter said that she sold 5 of them (herself) in the past hour. Old man at the door asked me what all the excitement was and why they were selling like crazy.

30 seconds after I picked up the last one, a guy came in and tried to buy one. He gave me the stinkeye when he saw I had the last one.

Just got back from the Sam's in Louisville they had 8 for the 360 but none for the PS3 that I could tell.

Sam's on Spring Mountain in Las Vegas as of 11am has 4 360 and 4 PS3 left. They are in the back and you have to ask for them.

I put in an order for instore pick up at around 5AM this morning. It is now ready for pickup! I'm surprised it didn't sell out. Guess it's time to return the copy I picked up from Walmart this morning.

[quote name='Xanthophyll Carotene']30 seconds after I picked up the last one, a guy came in and tried to buy one. He gave me the stinkeye when he saw I had the last one. [/quote]

"The stinkeye".:applause: Man, I haven't heard that one in a while. Still debating on whether I need this game...

I checked ebay and the prices seem to not as high is this morning. looks like the avg profit is about $80 you u sell one on ebay

For anyone who can't find Rock Band otherwise, Sam's Club online in-store pickup might work! I seriously just went on their five minutes ago and saw that a local store (Fields Ertel Rd.) had "Low stock" and placed an order. Should be ready to pick up tomorrow.

Relief is an understatement.

Great im glad everyone is finding them at Sams. Feels like im actually helping out. Thanks to everyone that said Thanks OP. I appreciate it.

This is what happens when you don't check CAG in the morning. I already picked it up from GS, with the 10% off coupon so I didn't really save much anyways. Like $4 in the end. Awesome find for those who got in on it!

[quote name='McNutsack']crud, i bought mine from amazon...it hasnt shipped out yet, but im sure sams club is sold out anyway =([/QUOTE]

Doesn't hurt to check. I went there at 3pm today and they had 2 big pallets of the 360 version (no PS3's in sight). Only looked like they sold 3 or 4 total before I got there.

Rockband is soo fucking Sweet!! Best party game for Sure! Get some booze, crank up the volume and drink it up! Worth it at any price!

Question to those who bought it online - did it come in a separate brown box or was the shipping label slapped onto the original box for all the world to see that you bought rock star?

Whoops - semi-wrong thread... but if you have an answer, please feel free to post.

[quote name='nikkai']Question to those who bought it online - did it come in a separate brown box or was the shipping label slapped onto the original box for all the world to see that you bought rock star?

Whoops - semi-wrong thread... but if you have an answer, please feel free to post.[/quote]

i think someone already mentioned that it comes in a big amazon box.

I wanna thank the OP again. picked this up and total price came to 161.xx so that's even below the regular price. too bad my 360 is in repairs...but hey...knowing i saved on this makes me happy. thanks dude!!!!

[quote name='mykevermin']Yikes. What good is in-store pickup if they don't even prepare/hold the bloody product?[/quote]EXACTLY.

Anyway, seems I'm still looking for this thing. Amazon is gonna take way too long (my order now says it won't arrive until after Christmas) and it's nowhere to be found locally. Help?

[quote name='mykevermin']Yikes. What good is in-store pickup if they don't even prepare/hold the bloody product?[/quote]

Do they charge your card at order? Most places do. That's bordering on fraud.

[quote name='turls']Do they charge your card at order? Most places do. That's bordering on fraud.[/quote]No. You have to pay in store. You can't pay online. The system isn't like Best Buy's in-store pickup. What they (supposedly, but apparently don't actually) do is pull the item and wait for you to arrive and then purchase it.

Its not on either Wal-Mart or Sam's Club web site any more. I have to wait for the wife to decide if we are making the trek to the big city Friday so I didn't order for pickup at Sam's--probably won't be any Friday. I'm in a pickle because I went ahead and bought one at Wal-Mart, even though I already told my Mom I wanted it for Christmas. But with the resell and sellout potential and the problems with the guitars I figured I better get one anyway. And of course now its sitting at my house it is pretty tempting to open it up. . .

Of course if they were just going to sell it out from under me, I didn't want to mess with the in-store pickup order anyway.

bread's done
Back