Rock Band Wii - 6/22/08 - $170 - Pictures!

[quote name='bmulligan']I guess no one is buying this since GH IV announced downloadable content?[/quote]
I put it on my goozex requests, but I can't imagine the complete package will ever get traded. I couldn't justify it at release (but I was tempted), but I suspect that there will be some deals in the near future since that happened with Guitar Hero III and the other versions of Rock Band. I'll probably pick it up then. Honestly, my only real concern with this game is storage - I'm almost completely out of room in my game closet.

[quote name='primetime']See, it doesn't seem like its the TV's problem. It's not a big enough problem for me to hook everything up to a different TV, but it is annoying.[/quote]
Do you really have to hook up everything? Why not just put in the mic.

The reason I say it might be your tv's refresh rate. I can't play Super Metroid at all on my sisters tv but it works on all other tv's I've tried.

I just returned my copy back only because single player sucks when it's really designed for more people. It's not a bad game but not what I was expecting for single player. Guess I'll just stick to guitar hero for now.

[quote name='Kayday']I just returned my copy back only because single player sucks when it's really designed for more people. It's not a bad game but not what I was expecting for single player. Guess I'll just stick to guitar hero for now.[/quote]
What makes guitar hero different? Does guitar hero come bundled with a friend? On rock band you're playing guitar by yourself. In guitar hero you're playing guitar by yourself. I don't see the difference.

[quote name='Clarke']What makes guitar hero different? Does guitar hero come bundled with a friend? On rock band you're playing guitar by yourself. In guitar hero you're playing guitar by yourself. I don't see the difference.[/quote]
Kayday - I'm actually curious about this as well (without the snarkiness), because I would be playing primarily alone. Can you be more descriptive about your experience with it? What you wrote sums up my hesitation about getting this game, and I'd like to know more.

Rock Band IS meant for multiplayer. Locally or online. I haven't kept up with this, but is this version online? I don't think it is.

If you really have no one to play this with, it's not worth the $170 tag AT ALL. First of all, the Wii version shouldn't be that much anyway because it is lacking online and DLC that the PS3/X360 versions have..so that alone should had been a reason for like.. $140 or less.

I prefer GH for just playing guitar alone as well. This is mostly because of the strum bar first and foremost, the interface for guitar (like hammer ons), and to a lesser extent the challenge and songlist. If you only plan on playing guitar by yourself, I would recommend GH because of the reasons above as well as the price. But those are just my preferences.

There is no online in the Wii version. No leaderboards or anything.

I don't feel the need to try it on a different TV. I was referring to hooking up a the Wii to a different TV as well, not just the instruments. I was just wondering if anybody else was having the same problem.

[quote name='lilboo']Rock Band IS meant for multiplayer. Locally or online. I haven't kept up with this, but is this version online? I don't think it is.

If you really have no one to play this with, it's not worth the $170 tag AT ALL. First of all, the Wii version shouldn't be that much anyway because it is lacking online and DLC that the PS3/X360 versions have..so that alone should had been a reason for like.. $140 or less.[/quote]
The "Special Edition" is $170.

bread's done
Back