RockBand 1 & 2 - Gen. Discussion & Info - 3/15/09 - Funk Pack + More!

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='modium']Looking through the thread- If anybody needs help with any impossible challenges, send me a PM or a friend request and I'll be able to. It'd just be a matter of inviting you to my band, choosing the highest tier impossible challenge and playing it, right? I'd be happy to help anybody out, within reason.[/QUOTE]
If I could leech off you and get the vocal/drum impossible cheese I would appreciate it. I'm too lazy to do it myself and I can only squeeze in so much mic/drum time in. I've done the bass one already and I could do the guitar one on my own later. It would be cool if we could knock out the Comeback kid and Savior cheese too.

I can share the million fans and Rolling Stone induction if needed. Currently I'm working on getting all the venues and its burning me out :lol:

Didn't have enough for the whole album, so I just downloaded Tom Sawyer and Limelight.

Hooray. Now I can finally delete those RB1 covers.

I do like how RB2 shows which notes are available for HOPO's.

Did anybody notice the new Madcatz portable drum kit on engadget??
$59.
Not likely of any interest to the hard core drummers.
But to those of us who have yet to even try, it may be a nice cheap alternative. And I personally have no interest in having a drum kit take up room in my entertainment room.

[quote name='sunnysky']I do like how RB2 shows which notes are available for HOPO's.

Did anybody notice the new Madcatz portable drum kit on engadget??
$59.
Not likely of any interest to the hard core drummers.
But to those of us who have yet to even try, it may be a nice cheap alternative. And I personally have no interest in having a drum kit take up room in my entertainment room.[/quote]

The Madcatz stuff was on the front page back before the games release, but after the initial reveal there hasn't been anything on their line of products except for their bass guitar.

Their drum set looked pretty nice and would be a great alternative to for someone that wanted to step up their drumming rig but at the same time doesn't want to shell out 300 for the ion.

The portable could be nice, I'd like to see it action though. The drums really do create a lot of clutter, and unless you happen to get down on some drumming like every day they really can be a pain in the butt. If i didn't play them everyday I would have sent those bad boys into the garage by now.

[quote name='RichMeisterMan']The portable could be nice, I'd like to see it action though. The drums really do create a lot of clutter, and unless you happen to get down on some drumming like every day they really can be a pain in the butt. If i didn't play them everyday I would have sent those bad boys into the garage by now.[/QUOTE]A while back, I remember reading some blurb about the GH:WT drums touting easy portability and storage. Like it would have collapsible parts or something along those lines... I'm curious to see how well that works out in the finished product.

I Picked Up:

Rush
Limelight (Original Version)
Tom Sawyer (Original Version)
YYZ
Closer To The Heart
Working Man (Vault Edition)

Bad Religion
Sorrow

[quote name='JohnnyFoxDarko']So who's getting what songs?I'll be picking up YYZ and The Camera Eye.[/quote]Bandages
She Sells Sanctuary
Tom Sawyer (Original Version)
Limelight (Original Version)
YYZ

Singing is fun for both Bandages and She Sells Sanctuary, and I've only tried Bass for YYZ (which I 4-starred :cool:)

Well, it looks like the Madcatz drums are shipping soon, if we can trust Engadget (2nd page I believe).

I'm not sure what I'll get today. Probably some rush.

Stupid question that I guarantee has been answered already: Does YYZ work in band tour or not? I thought I remembered something about it not working because of the, well, utter lack of singing.

Just curious before I decide whether to plunk down the points.

[quote name='Mojimbo']I read on another forum that you can't select it/it doesn't show up if your band has an active vocalist.[/quote]

This is correct.

I picked up the whole Rush album and it's great! The camera eye is long, but it's not 10 minutes, which I think is kind of disappointing. At least I don't think it's 10 minutes, unless time just flew by at an incredible rate while I played.

I also picked up the Bad Religion song.

I picked up the Rush album, Stone Roses, Sleater-Kinney, The Cult, and Bad Religion. YYZ is the only song this week that I'm having trouble with on drums.

My drum pedal from the original rock band 1 bundle is finally cracked. Does EA still have that warranty process? Or should I just look into fixing/modding my broken pedal?

Cool. Thanks for the answers.

Anyway, the best part of any DLC line-up is when you have that moment of 'oh, it's THAT song! Awesome!'. Just happened with The Cult. Love the song, never knew the name. So, screw YYZ, I'm snagging some Cult. :)

... of course, I also royally messed up the middle finger of my left hand at work today, so RB is a tad unplayable for a while. Crap. :cry:

[quote name='Sockey']My drum pedal from the original rock band 1 bundle is finally cracked. Does EA still have that warranty process? Or should I just look into fixing/modding my broken pedal?[/quote]

You have until the end of this month to get your instruments repaired. Starting October 1st, you'll have to provide proof you purchased the instrument within 60 days of it breaking.

Here is the announcement from the RockBand.com forums...
http://www.rockband.com/forums/showthread.php?t=58623

Here's a link to the Rock Band EA support page...
http://support.ea.com/rockband

I got "Tom Sawyer", "Limelight", and "YYZ" from Moving Pictures. I really like Rush, but I'm just not much of an album tracks kinda guy most of the time.

I also got all of the extra singles with the exception of the one by Kasabian. Now if only I didn't have to delete "She Sells Sanctuary" and "Love Spreads" everytime my g/f wants to play World Tour, I'd be a lot happier. I really wish that song blacklist thing was actually in the game.

[quote name='Zowsky']Do you need XBL to copy the Songs from RB1 to RB2?[/QUOTE]

Ya, you need to have the 400 points to be able to do it.

[quote name='CouRageouS']If I could leech off you and get the vocal/drum impossible cheese I would appreciate it. I'm too lazy to do it myself and I can only squeeze in so much mic/drum time in. I've done the bass one already and I could do the guitar one on my own later. It would be cool if we could knock out the Comeback kid and Savior cheese too.

I can share the million fans and Rolling Stone induction if needed. Currently I'm working on getting all the venues and its burning me out :lol:[/quote]Sure, I'll probably be around to help later tonight at the soonest. I've got the Rolling Stone one already, thanks. The Millionaire and Comeback Kid I could use, though I'm not sure if we could get either of those with just the two of us. Though, I could just voxtar it if there's nobody else. Just send me a message if you see me on and I'll probably be available.

[quote name='modium']Sure, I'll probably be around to help later tonight at the soonest. I've got the Rolling Stone one already, thanks. The Millionaire and Comeback Kid I could use, though I'm not sure if we could get either of those with just the two of us. Though, I could just voxtar it if there's nobody else. Just send me a message if you see me on and I'll probably be available.[/QUOTE]
Comeback Kid all we have to do is play player matches and go back and forth with a lose/win each if I'm not mistaken. We'll need at least three expert players to hit the million point club, any long song like PDA or Everlong should nab it.

I'm mic-less though unless I can find one of those adapter things that connect the headset to the RB guitar. Anyone else want to join tonight that would be cool, I would specifically like to try to nab the impossible drum/vocal cheese first if possible.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='CouRageouS']I'm mic-less though unless I can find ones those adapter things that connect the headset to the RB guitar. Anyone else want to join tonight that would be cool, I would specifically like to try to nab the impossible drum/vocal cheese first is possible.[/QUOTE]On that note, how does chatting generally work in online RB? I noticed what looked like a headset port on my GH II/III guitars... can I just plug the headset directly into the guitars and chat with that? Also, can you sing AND play guitar simultaneously with that setup, or would the headset have to be plugged into a regular controller?

[quote name='BlueWingX']I really wish that song blacklist thing was actually in the game.[/QUOTE]
Seriously. What happened with that?

[quote name='BustaUppa']Also, can you sing AND play guitar simultaneously with that setup, or would the headset have to be plugged into a regular controller?[/QUOTE]
Headset mic needs to be plugged into a controller.

[quote name='emdub']Headset mic needs to be plugged into a controller.[/quote]

There's a place to plug it in on the bottom of the Les Paul. Not sure about the other guitars.

I'm going to pick up Tom Sawyer, Limelight, YYZ and Red Barchetta... not sure about The Camera Eye. I'm liking RB2 so far although it does seem much harder than the last game. What I don't like is that I play on Expert for the most part but there are songs in RB1 I can't do (the entire last tier because of the solos). When I pick a mystery setlist I get bored if I select Hard but there's a good chance I might fail if I choose expert because of one song. Plus, I don't know the new songs yet...

I'm interested in getting the Bachman-Turner, Comeback Kid, Impossible Band Challenge, and Million Point Club achievements if anyone else is looking for those. Haven't had much luck with Comeback Kid since there's still a lot of quitters on Live. I won't be available tonight until after midnight EST but I'll be available most of tomorrow and Friday.

[quote name='javeryh']I'm going to pick up Tom Sawyer, Limelight, YYZ and Red Barchetta... not sure about The Camera Eye. I'm liking RB2 so far although it does seem much harder than the last game. What I don't like is that I play on Expert for the most part but there are songs in RB1 I can't do (the entire last tier because of the solos). When I pick a mystery setlist I get bored if I select Hard but there's a good chance I might fail if I choose expert because of one song. Plus, I don't know the new songs yet...[/quote]

I know how you feel. I'm always scared I'll get Green Grass (I don't want to delete any songs) or Ride the Lightning and fail. Just play on hard for awhile to get a feel for the songs and then take it up to expert.

I played the Harmonix setlist and I was psyched for Visions (it looked challenging but doable) but I got worn down by the 2 or 3 hard songs before it and failed out at 86% on the 8th song. fuck that solo.

might attempt the endless setlist 2 today......

Me on expert guitar and my brother on expert bass. We gave up the fact of getting the no pausing or failing achievement once we got to visions. *shutter*

[quote name='mr ryles']might attempt the endless setlist 2 today......

Me on expert guitar and my brother on expert bass. We gave up the fact of getting the no pausing or failing achievement once we got to visions. *shutter*[/quote]
Visions isn't in TES.

Good games, CouRageouS. Sorry about the couple failures, though the Spoonman one was pretty epic. "SpooOOOOnMaAAaaaaAahh fuck it." I'm getting a cold, so my stamina is pretty shot, we'll do the other stuff very soon, since it was a blast :lol:
[quote name='mr ryles']Really.......?[/quote]Visions is in the Endless Setlist 2, all 84 on-disc songs are.

[quote name='modium']Visions is in the Endless Setlist 2, all 84 on-disc songs are.[/quote]
fuck. I think there goes my chances of ever beating this on Expert drums. :cry:

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back