RockBand 1 & 2 - Gen. Discussion & Info - 3/15/09 - Funk Pack + More!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't know what the 20 free songs are. My guess is they'll be revealed around the time the PS3 and 360 bundles are released.

[quote name='bardockkun']Don't know what the 20 free songs are. My guess is they'll be revealed around the time the PS3 and 360 bundles are released.[/QUOTE]
OK. If they're stupid songs, I'm going to just buy the Game only RB2(used), and then the GH:WT set.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']The dude in black totally looks like CheapyD...with a goatee. :lol:[/QUOTE]

It wasn't intentional. I was actually making myself but I couldn't find a hair option I liked so I chose bald(I have long hair, but all those choices blow).

[quote name='CouRageouS']How did you get it so huge?! Is there a new option now?[/QUOTE]

Nah, no option just skirting the system. Right click on 'Make Merch' and save the URL. Paste it in a new window. Delete the first half of the url and reload. bingo!

[quote name='Corvin']
Nah, no option just skirting the system. Right click on 'Make Merch' and save the URL. Paste it in a new window. Delete the first half of the url and reload. bingo![/QUOTE]
fuck yea! Wallpapers here I come! If only it didn't take so long. I made a bunch like 24 hours ago and they still haven't shown up. :bomb:

[quote name='Rocko']Am I the only one that doesn't really like it when the crowd sings along?[/QUOTE]
Sometimes I like it and sometimes I don't. Just miss a note/phrase and it goes away though.

[quote name='CouRageouS']fuck yea! Wallpapers here I come! If only it didn't take so long. I made a bunch like 24 hours ago and they still haven't shown up. :bomb:
[/quote]

Meh, the picture quality is actually quite bad. I hope this is something that improves.

Yeah, the pictures do take WAAAAAAY too long to show up though. Since you're not totally sure if they'll look cool in the pose you choose, it really blows to wait just to find out it's not that cool.

Wow, i'm relieved that you don't have to swap discs to play songs from the first game for the second game. It really makes me want to make the jump to rock band 2.

Man their photo system is all over the place. I did a couple random ones and one from an hour ago showed up. The couple ones I did last night and actually took time to pick out haven't showed up.

[quote name='Rocko']Am I the only one that doesn't really like it when the crowd sings along?[/QUOTE]

I actually think it's pretty cool, but that's just me. I can see how it can be sort of annoying.

I'd imagine that the extra $10 is the 'transfer' fee, since I have to assume that *most* people are just going to do that.

It's a bit harch, though, considering that the entirety of Rock Band 1 was only $5 to transfer.

[quote name='Access_Denied']The OP says the ACDC pack is $40, but the Wal-Mart site says only $30. (Keep in mind, that this is being sold exclusively at Wal-Mart.)

http://soundcheck.walmart.com/acdc/#/game[/QUOTE]

Like mentioned above, the OP is correct. What you are looking at shows "From $29.88" which is the PS2 version. If you browse the site to the actual 360 page you will see it is $39.88.

They have box art now:
0001463319169_500X500.jpg

fucking hate it. I've got my crowd volume slider all the way left. IDK why, but I hate crowds. I don't actually want the "rock n roll show" experience, more of a "I'm playing an instrument" one (like with my piano or real guitar... but better, cuz I don't suck at RB :lol:)

[quote name='Rocko']Am I the only one that doesn't really like it when the crowd sings along?[/quote]

I love it, with the surround sound going it totally feels like you're in a concert, I think its one of the games greatest features.

I've seen people discuss the fastest way to unlock all of the songs (it is by doing challenges, right?), but what I'm not sure of is...how do you know when you've unlocked everything?

[quote name='LinkinPrime']I love it, with the surround sound going it totally feels like you're in a concert, I think its one of the games greatest features.[/QUOTE]

Agreed. Every time I've seen someone play for the first time they LOVE when the crowd starts singing along. It catches them completely off-guard. Its such a small detail that completely charms.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']I love it, with the surround sound going it totally feels like you're in a concert, I think its one of the games greatest features.[/QUOTE]

The only thing I hate about it is that, from what I've noticed, it's not in any of the DLC I've purchased (and that's a good clip of DLC, too).

[quote name='mykevermin']The only thing I hate about it is that, from what I've noticed, it's not in any of the DLC I've purchased (and that's a good clip of DLC, too).[/quote]

it's in the offspring pack.

Can someone tell me what all the unlockable cheats are? I have 3 or 4 that are locked still.

[quote name='mykevermin']The only thing I hate about it is that, from what I've noticed, it's not in any of the DLC I've purchased (and that's a good clip of DLC, too).[/QUOTE]

I think only the DLC after The Who pack has any sing alongs. I don't know if all of the newer ones do since I haven't purchased too much since then but I know Bad Religion, etc. have sing alongs added in now. I like it and I wish they would let you re-download some of the old DLC with this feature added. It would add a nice touch to stuff like the Oasis pack or Simple Man.

Huh. The last DLC I bought was Sleater-Kinney, but I only played it once. I haven't unpacked my drums since I moved about 2 months back, but I may tonight out of a burning desire to play Vagiant over and over again.

[quote name='007']I'd imagine that the extra $10 is the 'transfer' fee, since I have to assume that *most* people are just going to do that.[/QUOTE]
I think the $10 is the next gen fee. Like how all PS360 games are $10 more than WiiS2 games.

[quote name='ZForce915']I've seen people discuss the fastest way to unlock all of the songs (it is by doing challenges, right?), but what I'm not sure of is...how do you know when you've unlocked everything?[/QUOTE]I believe if you just do all the "[Difficulty] Marathon" challenges you will unlock all the songs.

Haha, just as I thought, Visions seems easier on Expert than Hard. Can't beat it on either yet though.

I NEARLY beat Aesthetics of Hate just now; it's not hard when you up and downstrum. Just gotta get the fingering down.

[quote name='bardockkun']It still blows my mind Visions is sung by a chick...[/quote]

I can hear it. Those gutturals sound higher pitched than other songs, so you can tell it's either a girl or a man-boy.

That song is balls though. The drums are kind of ass (I never get into that style of drumming, with the repetitive blastbeats and whatnot) but overall it's a nice addition. Rock Band needs more metal :cool:

[quote name='lolwut?']I can hear it. Those gutturals sound higher pitched than other songs, so you can tell it's either a girl or a man-boy.
[/quote]
After finding out I kinda took notice, but before then all I could think was "Like shit if I'm gonna beat this note chart!"

[quote name='mykevermin']The only thing I hate about it is that, from what I've noticed, it's not in any of the DLC I've purchased (and that's a good clip of DLC, too).[/QUOTE]

All Right Now by Free that came out this week has the best crowd singing, IMO. Towards the end of the song the crowd is singing the chorus while the lead singer is singing something different. Very cool. Might be a decent way to handle duets as well.

[quote name='lolwut?']Rock Band needs more metal :cool:[/quote]More metal? They have the Earache Thrash Pack (as well as a few others) along with the entire last tier of guitar being metal. How much more stink do you want in the game?

This game does not need more metal, especially crap that is anything like visions. It just sucks that the hardest song in the game is the worst song in the game.

Last edited by a moderator:
You guys should do what I do when a terrible song by Nine Inch Nails or Radiohead come on... press mute on your TV remote and hum something else by a not so shitty band! :eek:)

[quote name='lolwut?']Sorry guys, I guess I'm just more partial to metal because I don't have a VAGINA.[/quote]

Ooooohhhhhhhhh.

Sick burn, dude. Sick burn.

[quote name='tiredfornow']You guys should do what I do when a terrible song by Nine Inch Nails or Radiohead come on... press mute on your TV remote and hum something else by a not so shitty band! :eek:)[/quote]
I Hate you.
[quote name='lolwut?']Sorry guys, I guess I'm just more partial to metal because I don't have a VAGINA.[/quote]
I Like you.

For fucking reals.. i NEED

Taproot
Mudvayne
Breaking Benjamin
TOOL
Sevendust

i dont feel like there is enough of this type of music in the game...there is some..but not nearly enough of just this type of shit.....

[quote name='tiredfornow']You guys should do what I do when a terrible song by Nine Inch Nails or Radiohead come on... press mute on your TV remote and hum something else by a not so shitty band! :eek:)[/quote]
That's a terrible lie!

[quote name='Guerrilla']That's a terrible lie![/quote]
Geez, don't tear it away from him, he just needs something to hold onto.

[quote name='Malik112099']For fucking reals.. i NEED

Taproot
Mudvayne
Breaking Benjamin
TOOL
Sevendust

i dont feel like there is enough of this type of music in the game...there is some..but not nearly enough of just this type of shit.....[/QUOTE]

Certainly need some Tool. Maybe Sevendust.

[quote name='thrustbucket']Certainly need some Tool. Maybe Sevendust.[/quote]

And Breaking Benjamin. Could do without the others, but Mudvayne would also be cool. I don't think they could do Mudvayne though. Doesn't their drummer play with a double bass pedal? I know he does in the song Not Falling, but I'm not sure of others.

Maybe if I understood one word that's said in shit like Visions, I would actually like the song. Rock band already has a good amount of metal. Why more?

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Malik112099']For fucking reals.. i NEED

Taproot
Mudvayne
Breaking Benjamin
TOOL
Sevendust

i dont feel like there is enough of this type of music in the game...there is some..but not nearly enough of just this type of shit.....[/QUOTE]Agreed on Sevendust in particular... I've always wanted to play "Praise" in a game like this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back