RockBand 1 & 2 - Gen. Discussion & Info - 3/15/09 - Funk Pack + More!

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='RichMeisterMan']You can fix the cross talk by popping the drum heads off and loosening two screws on the underside of the pad. Seriously, it's like a half turn of each screw and BAM! You're golden!

I did this and am still RMAing mine though because the blue one makes this awful "plastic hitting plastic" sounds whenever I hit the blue pad. The registering and all though is on point.[/QUOTE]

Huh, I'll check that out tonight. Thanks!

This has probably been talked about to death, but is anyone playing RB2 with the original instruments? I am thinking about just picking the game up to save some dough. :D How do the originals hold up for the sequel?

[quote name='rodeojones903']This has probably been talked about to death, but is anyone playing RB2 with the original instruments? I am thinking about just picking the game up to save some dough. :D How do the originals hold up for the sequel?[/QUOTE]

Yeah, i'm using the original instruments. No problems here.

[quote name='RichMeisterMan']It's been known for a while that we are getting a No Doubt album, so the ska shouldn't be too much of a surprise.[/quote]

Yeah but I would say No Doubt is borderline ska (unless it's like their first 1 or 2 CD's). None of their greatest hits (aka radio singles) were really ska. I'm thinking more along the lines of Reel Big Fish, more Mighty Mighty Bosstones, etc.

I just excited when I see the word ska that's all lol

[quote name='rodeojones903']This has probably been talked about to death, but is anyone playing RB2 with the original instruments? I am thinking about just picking the game up to save some dough. :D How do the originals hold up for the sequel?[/quote]

Well they didn't really add any functionality to the instruments for RB2. Just made the drums and guitar wireless. I'm still using the RB1 drums with no issue. I never used the RB1 guitar, I always use the wireless Les Paul from GH:III or GH:A and that works fine, unless you prefer to use the solo buttons on the RB1 guitar. So if you already have the RB1 SE bundle, there is really no need to get the RB2 bundle unless you have to have wireless drums and you do not already have a wireless guitar from RB1 or GH.

[quote name='rodeojones903']This has probably been talked about to death, but is anyone playing RB2 with the original instruments? I am thinking about just picking the game up to save some dough. :D How do the originals hold up for the sequel?[/QUOTE]Yeah I will echo GLOCKGLOCK's sentiments. I've only played with the GH2 and 3 guitars and I never felt like I was missing out on anything.

ok, so in ROCK band, there may be country? WTF?! Now, I hate country like no other, I'm not going to lie, but I'm all for people who like it being able to play. I just think it's odd that it may appear in ROCK band. sigh.

[quote name='Zmonkay']ok, so in ROCK band, there may be country? WTF?! Now, I hate country like no other, I'm not going to lie, but I'm all for people who like it being able to play. I just think it's odd that it may appear in ROCK band. sigh.[/QUOTE]

Ummm....

I am not a fan of country music. But you do realize that rock came from country, don't you?

They use all the same instruments in a country band. Generally the only difference is the vocals have strong accents and there can be a lot of twanging. Other than that, it's basically rock.

I'm anti-strum click and prefer the Strats but I'll also add that the effects from them are pretty cool, especially great if you have a good sound system. Bass effects are insane and make my sub rumble like a beast.

[quote name='thrustbucket']Ummm....

I am not a fan of country music. But you do realize that rock came from country, don't you?

They use all the same instruments in a country band. Generally the only difference is the vocals have strong accents and there can be a lot of twanging. Other than that, it's basically rock.[/quote]

You forgot the steel guitar and fiddle. "You gotta have a fiddle in the band."

[quote name='Zmonkay']ok, so in ROCK band, there may be country? WTF?! Now, I hate country like no other, I'm not going to lie, but I'm all for people who like it being able to play. I just think it's odd that it may appear in ROCK band. sigh.[/QUOTE]I am all for the twangiest of country, the trashiest of radio pop, the most annoying of Hot Topic faux-punk, the most flamboyant of Broadway musicals, the most backwoods of bluegrass, the most melodramatic of Celine Dion, the creepiest of The Wiggles, and whatever else one can think of being represented in Rock Band. As long as it's optional DLC, who cares?

[quote name='BustaUppa']I am all for country, the trashiest of radio pop, the most annoying of Hot Topic faux-punk, the most flamboyant of Broadway musicals, the twangiest of bluegrass, the most melodramatic of Celine Dion, the creepiest of The Wiggles, and whatever else one can think of, all being represented in Rock Band. As long as it's optional DLC, who cares?[/quote]

Although the optional DLC is a good argument it still sucks...think about when you wait on Friday's for the update one what's coming next Tuesday and BAM its country crap...then you have to go another week without Rock content...it just blows. I wouldn't mind if they came out with Country Band, or release it as standalone disc expansion but the fact that it will be in "Rock" Band just sucks.

FINALLY!!!! 20 FREE DLC REVEALED!!

• The 88 - "Sons and Daughters"
  • Authority Zero - "No Regrets"
  • Between the Buried and Me - "Prequel To The Sequel"
  • The Cab - "Bounce"
  • The Chevelles - "Get It On"
  • The Cocktail Slippers - "Give It To Me"
  • Dealership - "Database Corrupted"
  • Endeverafter - "I Wanna Be Your Man"
  • The Ghost Hounds - "Ashes To Fire"
  • Hollywood Undead - "Young"
  • Kutless - "The Feeling"
  • The Len Price 3 - "If I Ain't Got You"
  • Lesley Roy - "I'm Gone, I'm Going"
  • Opiate for the Masses - "Burn You Down"
  • Semi-Precious Weapons - "Magnetic Baby"
  • Shaimus - "Like a Fool"
  • Thenewno2" - Crazy Tuesday"
  • Tickle Me Pink - "The Time Is Wrong"
  • Underoath - "Desperate Times, Desperate Measures"
  • X Japan - "I.V."
http://xboxlive.ign.com/articles/922/922241p1.html

Available November 4th.... Too bad I haven't heard of these bands except for Underoath.

[quote name='dallow']You're tell me you buy all the music every week Linkin?[/quote]

No, but I look forward to what's to come...they may not cover my tastes every week but they do cover a lot of Rock fans tastes...Country...that's just going to limit the spectrum even further.

[quote name='TehMuff1nM4n']FINALLY!!!! 20 FREE DLC REVEALED!!

• The 88 - "Sons and Daughters"
  • Authority Zero - "No Regrets"
  • Between the Buried and Me - "Prequel To The Sequel"
  • The Cab - "Bounce"
  • The Chevelles - "Get It On"
  • The Cocktail Slippers - "Give It To Me"
  • Dealership - "Database Corrupted"
  • Endeverafter - "I Wanna Be Your Man"
  • The Ghost Hounds - "Ashes To Fire"
  • Kutless - "The Feeling"
  • The Len Price 3 - "If I Ain't Got You"
  • Lesley Roy - "I'm Gone, I'm Going"
  • Opiate for the Masses - "Burn You Down"
  • Semi-Precious Weapons - "Magnetic Baby"
  • Shaimus - "Like a Fool"
  • Thenewno2" - Crazy Tuesday"
  • Tickle Me Pink - "The Time Is Wrong"
  • Underoath - "Desperate Times, Desperate Measures"
  • X Japan - "I.V."
http://xboxlive.ign.com/articles/922/922241p1.html

Available November 4th.... Too bad I haven't heard of these bands except for Underoath.[/quote]

Ugh...seriously!???!??!?!?!?!?

.....that's the free list? I haven't heard of ANY of those. Guess you get what you pay for, I might not even waste bandwidth getting that.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']No, but I look forward to what's to come...they may not cover my tastes every week but they do cover a lot of Rock fans tastes...Country...that's just going to limit the spectrum even further.[/quote]If anything, adding more types of music is going to widen the spectrum for music fans, not just rock fans.

[quote name='TehMuff1nM4n']

• Underoath - "Desperate Times, Desperate Measures"[/quote]

Those are the only 2 I recognized off the list, but I'm sure I'll find more I like when I youtube the songs.

I can't believe you guys are complaining about songs they are giving you for free...

Tickle Me pick is the only band I've heard of, but only because they're local. And isn't X-Japan JRock?

EDIT: Oh, nvm, the song is in English.

Question. I have 2 RB1 Strats and I am in dire need of a RB2 strat, almost 100% due to my troubles with calibrating on my own with my TV. What would be the best course of action ( read: cheapest) to get a RB2 strat with 2 RB1 strats available?

[quote name='LinkinPrime']Although the optional DLC is a good argument it still sucks...think about when you wait on Friday's for the update one what's coming next Tuesday and BAM its country crap...then you have to go another week without Rock content...it just blows. I wouldn't mind if they came out with Country Band, or release it as standalone disc expansion but the fact that it will be in "Rock" Band just sucks.[/QUOTE]

Once again, we are in agreement, lol. Now, Southern ROCK, that's another story. Some good shit out there. But straight up country, no. Oh well, saves me money (and HDD space, I'm running perilously low thanks to RB) and makes others happy, so win win?

Hey, I was playing a song today and my drums just stop responding. The controller was still on and such but they simply stopped responding.

Anyone know what the hell with that is?

Ya iv never heard of a single one of those songs.....hopefully they are pleasant surprises but something tells me they are going to be crap they cant sell as someone else said.

Anyways........is there any way of making it so songs dont come up when you play a random set list in carrear mode? I cant stand the freaking death metal songs and would love to be able to make it so it never selects them for me.

[quote name='lolwut?']Wow, I just saw Between the Buried and Me amongst the 20 songs.

This list fucking wins[/quote]
I was thinking the same damn thing. After I had seen them with Bodom. Friggin sweeeet~~~~

[quote name='bardockkun']I was thinking the same damn thing. After I had seen them with Bodom. Friggin sweeeet~~~~[/quote]

I didn't know the song right offhand by the title, but I just went to listen to it on youtube, and that was a sweet fucking 8 minutes I just had

[quote name='lolwut?']I didn't know the song right offhand by the title, but I just went to listen to it on youtube, and that was a sweet fucking 8 minutes I just had[/QUOTE]

Wow saw you guys saying how good that buried and me song was so just went and youtubed it......ya.....if most of the songs are like that one I wont even bother downloading the damn 20 free songs. One of the reasons iv licked rockband better then GH is it doesnt have nearly as much horrid black/death/ultra metal where the guys think screaming = singing.

[quote name='javeryh']Same here. Totally lame.[/QUOTE]

Have you guys at least listened to any of them? After listening to that lame death metal crap(which did get me excited at first since the opening guitar kicked ass)iv listened to others in the list and they range across a pretty good mix of genres of Rock. Personally im digging the tickle me pink song enough I might put it on my MP3 player.

[quote name='MSI Magus']Have you guys at least listened to any of them? After listening to that lame death metal crap(which did get me excited at first since the opening guitar kicked ass)iv listened to others in the list and they range across a pretty good mix of genres of Rock. Personally im digging the tickle me pink song enough I might put it on my MP3 player.[/quote]

Quality aside, I'm not really interested in songs that no one knows. I mostly play Rock Band with my wife and friends and it's never fun playing the lesser known/bonus songs.

[quote name='PenguinoMF']I wonder how much these bands/labels are paying Harmonix to include their songs.

Those songs fucking suck even if they are free.[/QUOTE]

Did you listen to them all?

I haven't. I'm too lazy to look them all up.

[quote name='thrustbucket']Did you listen to them all?

I haven't. I'm too lazy to look them all up.[/QUOTE]

I've tried to look at some of them and I can't find decent videos on youtube. A lot of basement show recordings.

Oh man, I had a feeling that these 20 were going to be questionable especially once the songs from the "leaked" list started showing up as DLC in the weeks after the game came out. Like someone said earlier, you get what you pay for. The only band I have heard of on here is UnderOath, and I don't know any of the songs. I thought the one band was Chevelle, but then I saw it was the Chevelles? lol

I'll probably check em on youtube or play them once in game, but might not keep them especially since you cannot black list songs. I won't want these popping up in random setlists.

So people are admitting they've never heard of most or all of these bands/songs and are still trashing them? Awesome.

You'd think you all were entitled to something.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back