RockBand 1 & 2 - Gen. Discussion & Info - 3/15/09 - Funk Pack + More!

Status
Not open for further replies.
With my great, GREAT disappointment in Guitar Hero: World Tour, I gotta say I'm eagerly awaiting Rock Band 3 now for some reason.

I guess it's good I haven't really liked any of the DLC for the past few weeks as it saves me money for AC/DC. I know it's pricey
but...but...it's fuck'n AC/DC. :D

[quote name='BustaUppa']A hearty "hell yes" on all accounts! Throw in "Lucretia My Reflection" and we would have a deliriously badass 5-pack on our hands.[/quote]

Alkaline Trio does an incredible cover of "Lucretia" that's definitely worth checking out.

It's on the Suicide Girls' Black Heart Retrospective CD, but I imagine you could find it elsewhere if you're resourceful. ;)

[quote name='bardockkun']With my great, GREAT disappointment in Guitar Hero: World Tour, I gotta say I'm eagerly awaiting Rock Band 3 now for some reason.[/quote]

Really? Is RB2 not any good?

I waited for GHWT before I made a decision between the two bundles, but I've seen too much negativity surrounding GHWT.

I need an honest opinion. Should I get the RB2 bundle or GHWT? Did anyone have issues with RB2 bundled instruments?

[quote name='tomdolizong']Really? Is RB2 not any good?

I waited for GHWT before I made a decision between the two bundles, but I've seen too much negativity surrounding GHWT.

I need an honest opinion. Should I get the RB2 bundle or GHWT? Did anyone have issues with RB2 bundled instruments?[/QUOTE]
Most notably with RB2 (at least in this thread), some people have complained of cross-talk with the drums. Looks like the RB replacement program is a lot less headache-inducing than the GH:WT replacement process thus far, though. If you don't mind a non-"clicky" strum bar, the RB2 instruments are fine.

Other than that it just comes down to the game you want. Obviously I'm going to recommend RB2. More songs available, better interface.

Just had a halloween party over the weekend. Rock Band stole the show. Everyone had a blast. Great fun with full band and many on lookers to cheer/jeer.

My drums broke at some point toward the end of the night. None of the pads would register, but the d-pad and buttons worked. I turned the drums off using the Silver button menu and turned them back on and they worked for a few more songs, but then it happened again.

Anyone have a suggestion to fix them without sending them in to EA? I don't want to wait to have them replaced. :cry:

I need an honest opinion. Should I get the RB2 bundle or GHWT? Did anyone have issues with RB2 bundled instruments?[/quote]

He didn't mean Rock Band 2 was bad, he meant he can't wait to see what RB3 brings to the table, now that GH:WT was such a disappointment.

Anyone get any hands on with the GH:WT guitar? I am looking to checking that out and making the jump from the X-plorer, but only if the buttons feel good and the strum bar is, "clicky".

Also, how's the little solo bar or whatever? Does it work well?

[quote name='RichMeisterMan']Anyone get any hands on with the GH:WT guitar? I am looking to checking that out and making the jump from the X-plorer, but only if the buttons feel good and the strum bar is, "clicky".[/QUOTE]

i can vouch for the great feel of the GHWT guitar. the strum bar is 'clicky' but also much quieter than the les paul. the buttons feel exactly the same as the les paul. the overall build of the guitar feels sturdier and generally better, and it is a bit bigger.

The new guitar is by far the best one I've ever used.

I don't really care for the slider though... maybe after getting more used to it.

i also think the ghwt guitar is the best of bunch. im hoping to pick up a second one. i played it with rb1 & 2 a lot yesterday and had no problems.

See this is why Walmart owns. Everyone seems to hate Walmart and I can understand some of the reasoning behind this......but they are just a damned no brainer for some purchases. If I am buying a small ticket item then I hit cheapassgamer, amazon or other websites for awesome prices. And if I believe an item might sell out then I naturally either preorder on amazon or I prorder from gamestop. But when buying a big ticket item like a TV or in this case Rock Band/Guitar Hero I dont understand why more people dont just go to Walmart.

You buy something at Walmart it breaks within a reasonable time of purchase or comes not functioning as it should you take it back you get a new one. That freaking simple. Their return policy is great and even when they technically arnt supposed to let you return something 80% of the time the people that work there hate their job so much they dont care and let you do it anyways, they just want to keep the line moving.

I need an honest opinion. Should I get the RB2 bundle or GHWT? Did anyone have issues with RB2 bundled instruments?[/quote]

I got RB2 disc (and get DLC) and will get the GHWT bundle - their instruments are always better!
To those who been saying GHWT sucks - its got as many, if not more good songs on disk as RB2 (just not the DLC)

:drool:
41nnaptd5SL._SS500_.jpg

Amazon only lists a PS2 and Wii version, but how could they not make one for the next gens.

[quote name='CouRageouS']:drool:
41nnaptd5SL._SS500_.jpg

Amazon only lists a PS2 and Wii version, but how could they not make one for the next gens.[/quote]
That'd be awesome if the Kiss crap could peel off easily. ;)

[quote name='bmachine']That'd be awesome if the Kiss crap could peel off easily. ;)[/QUOTE]
Yea, a little black paint over Gene's face should do it if its not a sticker. :lol:

I think the only company that can officially make peripherals for Rock Band is Mad Catz, and they've already announced what they're releasing in the near-future; so I can see why that would be listed as PS2/Wii.

[quote name='MSI Magus']See this is why Walmart owns. Everyone seems to hate Walmart and I can understand some of the reasoning behind this......but they are just a damned no brainer for some purchases. If I am buying a small ticket item then I hit cheapassgamer, amazon or other websites for awesome prices. And if I believe an item might sell out then I naturally either preorder on amazon or I prorder from gamestop. But when buying a big ticket item like a TV or in this case Rock Band/Guitar Hero I dont understand why more people dont just go to Walmart.

You buy something at Walmart it breaks within a reasonable time of purchase or comes not functioning as it should you take it back you get a new one. That freaking simple. Their return policy is great and even when they technically arnt supposed to let you return something 80% of the time the people that work there hate their job so much they dont care and let you do it anyways, they just want to keep the line moving.[/quote]
They're really not supposed to take these back. They aren't reimbursed for broken units.

I'm sure it's in here somewhere but I haven't seen it yet. Has anyone received the Sunburst guitar in their RB2 Special Edition box (360)? And if not, is there any word that they will be bundling them in the future?

WTF? Why was I not informed of the unveiling of the 20 free songs? And why are they mostly bands I've never fucking heard of? I mean, I like X Japan and BTBAM, but who the fuck are these other bands? Are they all just shitty bands that needed some promotion? WHERE'S REFUSE/RESIST?!?!?!?!?!

[quote name='dman1869']I'm sure it's in here somewhere but I haven't seen it yet. Has anyone received the Sunburst guitar in their RB2 Special Edition box (360)? And if not, is there any word that they will be bundling them in the future?[/QUOTE]
I saw something about that on the RB forums, looks like if you want the sunburst finish you have to buy it separately. It seems as though the insides are the same, just cosmetically different.

Well I am finally rockin' a full band setup, as I am a proud new owner of the RB2 drum kit! This is my first (and hopefully last, for a good long time) purchase of any video game drums. Any tips for keeping these things in good shape, other than just generally being reasonable with how hard I hit them? Any must-have accessories or DIY mods? I hear there are some simple ways to make the pads quieter... although as I understand, the RB1 pads were quite loud by comparison.

Oh another thing I was wondering... how high do you usually situate the drum pads? At first I had them a few inches above my knees, but later I tried lowering them, since I figured I'd get less accidental rim-shots from that angle.

[quote name='BustaUppa']I figured I'd get less accidental rim-shots from that angle.[/QUOTE]

You just made me bust up laughing at work...

but on topic, thats how I have them set up, only when I go ape shit on the big finishes is when I seem to barely get the "rim-shots".

[quote name='CouRageouS']I saw something about that on the RB forums, looks like if you want the sunburst finish you have to buy it separately. It seems as though the insides are the same, just cosmetically different.[/quote]

I can confirm this. I bought the RB2 bundle on the 19th and the blue fret button on the guitar only registered about half of the time so I started the RMA process. The guitar that came with the bundle has the plain black body.

The replacement guitar which just arrived today is the standalone RB2 wireless guitar and is the sunburst model. The only difference I can tell is that the sunburst guitar has "clickier" buttons than the plain model. That is probably not a feature but just a result of production differences.

EDIT: And it looks much nicer ;)

I just encountered Visions for the first time. I like how they waited until the end of the 9-song setlist to spring it on me so all the time I put into playing their crappy indie-band songs was wasted since there was no way I was going to pass it.

[quote name='evanft']WHERE'S REFUSE/RESIST?!?!?!?!?![/QUOTE]
Still to come, I'd imagine. And obviously now it won't be free.

[quote name='KaneRobot']I just encountered Visions for the first time. I like how they waited until the end of the 9-song setlist to spring it on me so all the time I put into playing their crappy indie-band songs was wasted since there was no way I was going to pass it.
[/quote]

That song is a zit on the ass of Rock band 2. I've never encountered a song that I couldn't beat and in turn didn't give two shits until Visions.

[quote name='Soodmeg']Hey I turned on my rock band 2 today to be greeted by a update screen. Just to let you know.[/quote]

The update occurs every week...its to support the weekly DLC.

He means a title update/patch.

Apparently it was to patch some drum problems.

*Online silent drum fill fixed
*Unhittable notes fixed
*Random disappearing fill lines fixed.

(Stolen from GAF who sourced it from ScoreHero.)

Now that we know what the 20 free songs are anyone know when we will be able to download them? Also what day are new songs put in the store?

[quote name='MSI Magus']Now that we know what the 20 free songs are anyone know when we will be able to download them? Also what day are new songs put in the store?[/quote]
New songs are released on Tuesdays (today is the Siouxie bunch), and the free ones are available next Tuesday, meaning we probably won't get any updates aside from those next week.

[quote name='Mojimbo']He means a title update/patch.

*Unhittable notes fixed

(Stolen from GAF who sourced it from ScoreHero.)[/quote]

Yeah, I could try to be a a little more vague next time. Ha! :lol:

[quote name='Mojimbo']He means a title update/patch.

*Unhittable notes fixed

(Stolen from GAF who sourced it from ScoreHero.)[/quote]

Awesome, I was always kind of bummed when people couldn't hear my fills, but it's also a shame since most people just bash their drums.
I had also noticed those disappearing fill lines, glad they were fixed.

So what the better option for the novice drum player...

Rock Band 1 drums with the silencers or
Rock Band 2 drums

I don't play the drums often, but I would like to have them available when people come over.

Not until I get my drums lol. I'm waiting for either A:
Guitar Hero to come in from YF360g so I can return it for credit and grab the drums, or
B:
Someone to put the drums on ebay so I can get them cheap with cashback.

[quote name='ZForce915']So what the better option for the novice drum player...

Rock Band 1 drums with the silencers or
Rock Band 2 drums

I don't play the drums often, but I would like to have them available when people come over.[/quote]
Rock Band 2 drums. The problem with the silencers (or at least the "official" Rock Band ones) is that once you put them on, they're not getting off. Plus Rock Band 2 drums have the sturdier bass pedal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back