RockBand 1 & 2 - Gen. Discussion & Info - 3/15/09 - Funk Pack + More!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some stuff I'd like to see in no particular order:

Queen
Cobra Starship
Journey
Brand New
Smash Mouth (Not a great band, but All star or walking on the sun would be fun)
Toad the Wet Sprocket (yeah, never going to happen)
Better than Ezra
The Doors

[quote name='GLOCKGLOCK']Another GD pack? Looks like another week will go by without me playing RB2. When they announced "Ten" for April I said that would probably be the next time I throw in RB2. It's starting to look more and more like that will hold true.[/quote]

I thought it was coming out in March?

Oh, I'll throw a mini-wishlist out there too, why not:

my top OMG! picks right now would be
1) Sisters of Mercy
2) PRINCE! (seems unlikely, but historically he's been into weird cross-marketing gimmicks so you never know)
3) more Mute Math!

and my "not bloodly likely" pick is
4) Deadsy
but then again I always thought Mute Math was wishful thinking, so you never know!

also I'd just love to get a bunch of fundamental 80s tracks. IMO, Guitar Hero Rock The 80's did very little to live up to its title. Gimme some Der Kommissar, You Spin Me Round, Weird Science (I'd die for some Oingo Boingo in general), Need You Tonight, GHOSTBUSTERS, etc. etc. Duran Duran is certainly a step in the right direction (we should really get The Reflex and NOTORIOUS as well) so I hope we see more in that vein!

[quote name='thrustbucket']I used to like Evanescence until I graduated to Lacuna Coil and Nightwish. Luckily we got some Lacuna Coil, but I doubt we will see Nightwish in America.[/QUOTE]didn't we get a weird pack of some European bands a while ago? RB has done euro bands and long proggish rock songs so there's no reason to rule out something like Nightwish!

[quote name='thrustbucket']I used to like Evanescence until I graduated to Lacuna Coil and Nightwish. Luckily we got some Lacuna Coil, but I doubt we will see Nightwish in America.[/QUOTE]

Graduated? Is there some unwritten rule that you can't like all three? ;)

I went from Tarja era Nightwish to Lacuna Coil to Evanescence. Love all three and would buy anything from all three in Rock Band. RB is always in need of strong female vocals, so all three are a great fit.

[quote name='BustaUppa']GHOSTBUSTERS, etc. etc. [/QUOTE]

I'm hoping that RB get's the Ghostbuster track for a cross-promotion the week the game & BD come out.

Another week of not buying tracks. Sames me money, but I want more! Haha, it seems so ridiculous seeing how I have so many DLC tracks, but you can never have enough and there's always a band that you want in the game.

If anyone wants to play online, then send me a message or Friend Request. It's best on weekends or weekday nights.

[quote name='Corvin']Graduated? Is there some unwritten rule that you can't like all three? ;)

I went from Tarja era Nightwish to Lacuna Coil to Evanescence. Love all three and would buy anything from all three in Rock Band. RB is always in need of strong female vocals, so all three are a great fit.[/quote]

Don't forget In This Moment that already nabbed a song in DLC. How about Damone?
[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CZ0iwa09YHg[/media]

[quote name='Corvin']Graduated? Is there some unwritten rule that you can't like all three? ;)

I went from Tarja era Nightwish to Lacuna Coil to Evanescence. Love all three and would buy anything from all three in Rock Band. RB is always in need of strong female vocals, so all three are a great fit.[/QUOTE]

Ok I do like all 3, but I hate that Evanesence is so widley known as THE female vocalized rock group, when there are several others that are better.

I became a huge nightwish fan with the new singer/album. It's phenomenal.

I swear, I am really fucking sick of Sleepwalker by Megadeth. It's one of two songs I own that I cannot beat on expert guitar (Constant Motion is the other; yeah, I can beat Visions), but its overall difficulty is 4, so it keeps coming up at the end of "challenging" set lists. It's Weezer, Boston, Megadeth, wtf. I think Harmonix really fucked up by cutting the black list feature.

[quote name='CokeCola']I swear, I am really fucking sick of Sleepwalker by Megadeth. It's one of two songs I own that I cannot beat on expert guitar (Constant Motion is the other; yeah, I can beat Visions), but its overall difficulty is 4, so it keeps coming up at the end of "challenging" set lists. It's Weezer, Boston, Megadeth, wtf. I think Harmonix really fucked up by cutting the black list feature.[/quote]

Those are the same songs that took me forever to beat on expert guitar. Now I can pass them pretty consistently. BTW, if you're interested in songs that are impossible to beat on expert guitar, may I recommend Yngwie Malmsteen's Caprici di Diablo? :)

I apologize if this has been covered before, but I decided to play some Rock Band 2 last night. I still have the Rock Band 1 wired guitar. I plugged it directly into my 360 and it wouldn't turn on. I made sure I had batteries in it too. I hadn't used it for some time, but it worked the last time. Am I SOL? I'm sure I'm past any warranty period.

[quote name='jeff0514']I apologize if this has been covered before, but I decided to play some Rock Band 2 last night. I still have the Rock Band 1 wired guitar. I plugged it directly into my 360 and it wouldn't turn on. I made sure I had batteries in it too. I hadn't used it for some time, but it worked the last time. Am I SOL? I'm sure I'm past any warranty period.[/quote]
How does a wired Rock Band 1 guitar need or have batteries?

[quote name='bardockkun']How does a wired Rock Band 1 guitar need or have batteries?[/QUOTE]

I don't know... all I know is there's a compartment that you can take off to put batteries in. Its screwed shut, but has a place for three AA batteries. I wondered the same thing myself.

That part never needed to be unscrewed from the get go then because the body frame for the PS3 and 360 are universal for the RB1 bundle guitar. If anything, try and just plug it in directly to the 360 without the USB hub, other then that, well only time I ever really dealt with that kinda problem.

[quote name='bardockkun']That part never needed to be unscrewed from the get go then because the body frame for the PS3 and 360 are universal for the RB1 bundle guitar. If anything, try and just plug it in directly to the 360 without the USB hub, other then that, well only time I ever really dealt with that kinda problem.[/QUOTE]

I did plug it directly into the 360 and bypassed the USB hub. Seems like its dead.

i know a lot of you are professionals but this i my first kinda of rythem game, never been a fan of the genre but I figured what the hell, ill give it a go. Any good guides or tips for getting better, i play on easy and do well enough but when i add that fourth button is where i get into trouble. any tips, also, do guys upstrum? any tips would be helpful, thanks.

[quote name='Chris Dillon']i know a lot of you are professionals but this i my first kinda of rythem game, never been a fan of the genre but I figured what the hell, ill give it a go. Any good guides or tips for getting better, i play on easy and do well enough but when i add that fourth button is where i get into trouble. any tips, also, do guys upstrum? any tips would be helpful, thanks.[/quote]
Get used to up and down strumming when you play because it'll be helpful when you move up in difficulty. Also don't be intimidated by the higher difficulty settings and just take your time.

[quote name='YourFace']Those are the same songs that took me forever to beat on expert guitar. Now I can pass them pretty consistently. BTW, if you're interested in songs that are impossible to beat on expert guitar, may I recommend Yngwie Malmsteen's Caprici di Diablo? :)[/QUOTE]
I haven't even considered buying them specifically because of this issue.

[quote name='Chris Dillon']i know a lot of you are professionals but this i my first kinda of rythem game, never been a fan of the genre but I figured what the hell, ill give it a go. Any good guides or tips for getting better, i play on easy and do well enough but when i add that fourth button is where i get into trouble. any tips, also, do guys upstrum? any tips would be helpful, thanks.[/quote]
I rarely up-strum and I know I should. Start learning now so you won't have to go back and relearn how you play the game.

The only other advice I have to offer is to get REALLY good at easy before moving on to medium. And when you do move up, use your pinky to hit the forth button so you won't have to move your hand at all on medium and not as much on the 5-fret difficulties.

Just have fun with it.:cool::cool::cool:

[quote name='jeff0514']I apologize if this has been covered before, but I decided to play some Rock Band 2 last night. I still have the Rock Band 1 wired guitar. I plugged it directly into my 360 and it wouldn't turn on. I made sure I had batteries in it too. I hadn't used it for some time, but it worked the last time. Am I SOL? I'm sure I'm past any warranty period.[/QUOTE]

Double check the cord. Sometimes the USB connector part gets detached a little from the rest of the wire.

Other things to try, press the xbox button on the guitar.

Yeah I'd say get comfortable with medium for a while. Dedicate a finger to each button, and soon it will feel natural. Continue to get used to that.

THEN... one day... you'll play around with hard, and you'll feel like you weren't even PLAYING the game before!! But in the meantime have fun with medium... it was a good while before I moved up!

[quote name='RichMeisterMan']Are you serious? More of the same? How about some fucking 3 doors down (Away From The Sun as a full album would be awesome), Journey, Nickel Back, Andrew WK, Three Day's Grace, CKY, Skidrow, Twisted Sister, Quiet Riot, Winger, Van Halen, Night Ranger, Queen, Pantera, The Darkness (I believe in a thing called love), and the list goes on...

The complete lack of 80's Hair metal in general though is mind blowing. It's such a great genre, I don't think there could really be enough in my opinion.

We really need to start seeing some bands that are popular and yet to be seen in RB/GH.[/QUOTE]

Nickelback? Are you serious? I'm not a big fan of ragging on other peoples music tastes, but these guys suck serious ass.

I'm not a fan of Nickleback either, but I have to say I love Nickleback & Kid Rock's version of Saturday Night's Alright for Fighting by Elton John. I would love to see that in one of these games. They are hitting GH:WT this month as DLC (or already did), if anyone cares.

[quote name='thrustbucket']Ok I do like all 3, but I hate that Evanesence is so widley known as THE female vocalized rock group, when there are several others that are better.

I became a huge nightwish fan with the new singer/album. It's phenomenal.[/QUOTE]

Interesting. I still haven't given the new singer a chance yet. No reason really, just never picked up the latest album with her.

[quote name='ZForce915']Nickelback? Are you serious? I'm not a big fan of ragging on other peoples music tastes, but these guys suck serious ass.[/quote]

my dad loves them for some reason and thinks there so great, i think every god dam song sounds the same but i'm not really into the genre anyways. The elton john cover is very good though.

[quote name='Bioshocked360']After watching the Talking Heads' dvd "Stop Making Sense" I've decided that I want a Talking Heads pack really bad.[/QUOTE]

Awe-some performance. Love Talking Heads - just saw David Byrne in concert touring for his new cd he did with Brian Eno and it was great.

Holy wow another Dead pack right when I pick up RB2 - perfect timing!

Also - question about the 20 free downloadable songs from the code on the back of the booklet - I've put in the code, gotten an email to confirm my email address, and now nothing (and it's been over 24 hours.) What's the deal?

[quote name='ZForce915']Nickelback? Are you serious? I'm not a big fan of ragging on other peoples music tastes, but these guys suck serious ass.[/quote]

The point is they're not already in a game.

Thanks though for letting me know what you think. I really give a shit. :roll:

[quote name='ZForce915']Nickelback? Are you serious? I'm not a big fan of ragging on other peoples music tastes, but these guys suck serious ass.[/QUOTE]

Actually, I think Nickleback is pretty good. I don't know how much I'd like playing their music in RB, but I listen to it. Fcuking Lincoln Park is the band that shouldn't be in RB.

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']I use to work at a carwash and that's all they would play... let me just say I feel sick when I hear them.[/quote]
I'd probably crack my skull by the third or fourth song. You're truly a braver man then I ever can be.

[quote name='Access_Denied']Actually, I think Nickleback is pretty good. I don't know how much I'd like playing their music in RB, but I listen to it. Fcuking Lincoln Park is the band that shouldn't be in RB.[/quote]

I have heard they are simply epic live. Not a fan, but thats what i have heard. Really hoping for some more indie stuff like of montreal, maybe some arctic monkeys, more kasabian, manchester orchestra, bloc party for sure, and maybe some eagles of death metal (side project for queens of the stone age that is simpy crazy good souther guitar driven rock.)

Yeah, to me Nickelback never ceases to amaze me at making every song sound exactly the same. The only other bands I also feel is strongly guilty of this is Offspring, RHCP, and Rob Zombie.

[quote name='thrustbucket']Yeah, to me Nickelback never ceases to amaze me at making every song sound exactly the same. The only other bands I also feel is strongly guilty of this is Offspring, RHCP, and Rob Zombie.[/quote]
I understand what you're saying on two of those three(I love Offspring & Zombie, don't listen to RHCP), but if it ain't broke...

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Chris Dillon']I have heard they are simply epic live. Not a fan, but thats what i have heard. Really hoping for some more indie stuff like of montreal, maybe some arctic monkeys, more kasabian, manchester orchestra, bloc party for sure, and maybe some eagles of death metal (side project for queens of the stone age that is simpy crazy good souther guitar driven rock.)[/quote]
I second the Eagles of Death Metal, Of Montreal, and Bloc Party.

[quote name='Bioshocked360']I second the Eagles of Death Metal, Of Montreal, and Bloc Party.[/quote]

saw bloc party this summer, it was amazing. I was supposed to see eagles of death metal with the strokes a few years back but they cancelled and i saw dr dog with the strokes instead. WOW, at least one of the strokes albums should be availible as well.

So I got my GH:WT guitar back from Activision (first one was squeaky and the green fret was stuck) and now I can't help but notice how loud the strum bar is. It makes quite the "CLICK" with each strum. Does anyone else find that annoying? I wish I could swap for a new RB2 guitar...

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back