rockband 2 or guitar hero WT

x2k-one

CAGiversary!
im going craazy here cant choose between rock band 2 or GHWT i heard that they both got problems. i want rock band 2 cuz of the 2 songs that i like( chop suey and one step closer). people who own any of them please tell me which one i should get.

thx

Rock Band 2.

Better interface, plus overall design is better (overall consensus). If you're going to get Guitar Hero: WT get the guitar bundle since that thing is sex.

I prefer almost everything about Rock Band 2 over Guitar Hero. The interface, the band progression. It all just seems cleaner and more fun to play to me.

Guitar Hero is fun to play, but it just feels less polished to me. The interface is just annoying and hard to see compared to Rock Band. And activating star power on the drums on Guitar Hero (hitting the 2 cymbals) is really stupid in my opinion. Trying to keep a beat and hit the 2 cymbals to activate it without losing your streak is nearly impossible on the harder levels.

Yeah everyone seems to like RB 2 more overall. I'd personally try out GH:WT if you already have RB1 just to keep it a little varied. Really up to your musical taste though

I strongly prefer Rock Band 2 to Guitar Hero World Tour. In terms of "non-quickplay" modes, Rock Band 2 retains the tour mode present in Rock Band 1 in which you earn fans, stars, etc. and progress from city to city unlocking new songs. From what I've read, the new Guitar Hero's "campaign" mode of sorts is not as cohesive.

Band play, in my opinion is also better in Rock Band 2 due to some strange design on the part of Guitar Hero. For example, it is difficult to tell when a bandmate is going to fail out of a song, and it only takes one band member to fail for the entire band to fail. Also, although this is purely subjective, I like the rock band 2 soundtrack much much more than guitar hero's and love the fact that dlc comes out so frequently for rock band.

Guitar Hero has its perks in terms of its song creation function (I'm not sure exactly how well it turned out, though), and some of its other features like the open notes for bassists, however, I give the edge to RB2.

Guitar hero is better, IMO, because single player does not suck ass. I own the complete band set, and I bought it just becuase I know that it is compatable with RB2, so all I have to do is fork out another 50 bucks and I will have the best instruments (GH instruments are the ONLY way to go) and both games. GHWT is still a sweet ass game though, despite its drawbacks.

Rockband 2 - Everything about RB2 from the customization to the outstanding and diverse selection of music down to the graphics, sound and gameplay just simply blows GHWT out of the water.

If you can afford it easily and have plenty of space, get both. That generally isn't the case for most people.

If you can only get one, Rock Band 2. Better interface, better look, more songs. "Rock Band Announcement Friday" has replaced "XBox Live Arcade Release Wednesday" as my most anticipated day of the week in XBox-land.

Not to mention I'm liking the RB2 Strat better than the GH Les Pauls now (admittedly after an exchange on my Rock Band strat). It is no longer a one-sided battle with the peripherals. Both have their positives and negatives.

[quote name='KaneRobot']
Not to mention I'm liking the RB2 Strat better than the GH Les Pauls now (admittedly after an exchange on my Rock Band strat). It is no longer a one-sided battle with the peripherals. Both have their positives and negatives.[/quote]
Seconded, no where as squishy and nice feel. Though I wish the effects switch wasn't so close to the strum bar still.

[quote name='bardockkun']Though I wish the effects switch wasn't so close to the strum bar still.[/quote]
i play lefty, and i just wish that all of the buttons/controls weren't all cluttered together, and more importantly weren't as in the way of someone trying to play lefty as they are...

which is why i still have 2 Les Paul's to play guitar in RB and GH:WT...

Ill say RB2. GH:WT has a better looking interface during gameplay by far, but thats about where it ends. The game menus are better in RB2. There is a lot of BAD music selections in it (Muse? Come on...). The DLC is just as bad for GH at the moment (REM, Oasis, who still likes any of these bands?).

The biggest problem though for me is the GH WT guitar will probably be broken to some extent when you buy it, unless youre lucky. It will either squeak every time you strum, play notes with out you doing anything, double notes, and the fret buttons get stuck on the side when you push them at any angle. If Red Octane doesnt replace or fix my guitar with a working model I will not be happy.

after playing nothing buy GHWT for the last 3 days, i will say that i think RB2 is overall a MUCH better game, way more polished, better feel and gameplay... GHWT has some decent songs, but i would MUCH rather have RB2 than this..... Does anyone else hate the open Bass note as much as I do for Bass Players?

Glad to see you went with RB 2. That was going to be my suggestion. I also suggest you rent or get RB 1 from and friend so you can do the song transfer and have a bigger library of songs to choose from.

[quote name='musha666']Ill say RB2. GH:WT has a better looking interface during gameplay by far, but thats about where it ends. The game menus are better in RB2. There is a lot of BAD music selections in it (Muse? Come on...). The DLC is just as bad for GH at the moment (REM, Oasis, who still likes any of these bands?).

The biggest problem though for me is the GH WT guitar will probably be broken to some extent when you buy it, unless youre lucky. It will either squeak every time you strum, play notes with out you doing anything, double notes, and the fret buttons get stuck on the side when you push them at any angle. If Red Octane doesnt replace or fix my guitar with a working model I will not be happy.[/quote]
WAIT! Wait, wait! You bash Muse who have fantastic bass lines (and spectacular shows) instead of going for something like...Coldplay? Really? I Can say other things, but I think that bugged me the most.

bread's done
Back