Rockband/GH question.

sk1p2my1u

CAG Veteran
First of all, between GH Aerosmith and GH3, and possibly the world tour, which game package (with guitar) is the most valuable? What about most worth the dollar?
And what about just the guitar quality by themselves?

And my second question is, how do you import a Rockband 1 CD onto the PS3 HD?

[quote name='sk1p2my1u']First of all, between GH Aerosmith and GH3, and possibly the world tour, which game package (with guitar) is the most valuable? What about most worth the dollar?

And my second question is, how do you import a Rockband 1 CD onto the PS3 HD?[/QUOTE]

The wireless Les Pauls are an awesome guitar to play, until you wear it out. Some buttons will lose functionality due to the neck being detachable. If you know how to solder, its an easily fixed problem. The WT controller I'm not really a fan of. It just doesn't have the feel of the GH2/3 guitars, atleast to me.

[quote name='sk1p2my1u']First of all, between GH Aerosmith and GH3, and possibly the world tour, which game package (with guitar) is the most valuable? What about most worth the dollar?

And my second question is, how do you import a Rockband 1 CD onto the PS3 HD?[/QUOTE]
If we're talking valuable meaning financially, then neither. If were talking overall quality I'll say neither. The GH3/GH:Aerosmith Les Paul is the same guitar and are flimsy as shit because of the detachable neck. Sure it's not hard to fix, but it's a hassle in it's own. The GH:WT guitar is more sturdy then the Les Paul, but it's still flimsy and can still suffer from same problems (dropped notes, fret buttons not working, etc.) as the Les Paul. The design is nicer as well mind you (longer strum bar, longer whammy, easy to access star power button), but the detachable neck kills it.

If you want something sturdy with little problems, get the Guitar Hero II X-Plorer for the 360. Only downfall to that guitar is it does look more like a toy then the rest and smaller neck, but it'll last longer with fewer problems.

As for transferring songs, just pop the Rock Band 1 disc in and go into options and you should be given the choice of transferring the songs to your hard drive.

I will agree that I prefer the GHIII Les Paul over the new GH:WT guitar as well.

I think your best bet, provided you don't need the full band kit, would be to grab the GHIII bundle, then get a game only Aerosmith (if you like them), and GH:WT. The GHIII bundle with the Les Paul is really a great deal no matter what, and there are some fun songs on GHIII.

As for Rock Band, under the Options there is an "export" menu item...

And if you get GH:WT, Stan Bush's "The Touch" is free to download...bonus!

Get a couple of Nyko Frontman guitars for about $20 each at GS and get the games by themselves.

You have to buy the import license on PSN for $5 and then click on the import option under the options menu to rip the songs to the hard drive.

bread's done
Back