ROCKY BALBOA trailer!

KaneRobot

CAGiversary!
Feedback
11 (100%)
Yahoo movies

Much like Cheapy's Robocop love, I have a pretty damn extensive knowledge/obsession with these films, and this trailer is near boner-inducing for me.

No, not for that reason. Sheesh.

I don't even know if anyone else even gives a damn. It does look a lot better than part 5, which ain't saying much. Probably part 4 too, but 4 is so weird it's hard to compare it to the rest of them.

I'm with you. I've seen the entire quintology a few hundred times, know every line by heart, and am actually looking forward to the film after seeing the trailer--though it really doesn't look like a big departure from any of the previous films. I didn't finish the trailer because I didn't want to spoil too much, but from the part that I did see, I couldn't find Adrian anywhere. Is she in the movie? Are they divorced? Is she dead? She she get hit by a shirt-shooting bazooka on top of the bleechers and fall to her death?

BTW, I still can't figure out why so many people hate on Rocky V as if it was the worst of the bunch. Rocky IV easily takes that title. At least the concept of Rocky growing old and becoming a manager seemed like a logical evolution of his character--completely unlike Rocky IV, which just gets sucked into soviet stereotypes and irrational fears.

I put it in spoiler brackets, but honestly it is not spoiling anything you wouldn't see during publicity for the film...very "light" spoilers.

Yeah, she died of cancer. The girl he's talking to in the trailer is Marie from the first Rocky (not the same actress - they did have the same actress play her in Rocky V, but the scene was cut). The brief shot of Rocky kneeling in front of the roses is at Adrian's grave.

I didn't HATE Rocky V - although I hate the TV version because the way it's edited makes a questionable film even worse. I thought it was actually a good story that was hampered by two things - Stallone's kid being a terrible actor, and GW Duke being an obvious Don King parody. If they would have had Rocky's kid played by a capable actor and GW Duke act like a more ORIGINAL scumbag, it would have probably been a lot better.

Rocky IV is probably the weakest story wise, but nostalgia goes a long way with these films for me.

Really - watch the trailer. It doesn't ruin anything and the back and forth between Rocky and Paulie looks like it's going to be the best of the entire series of films. Paulie's line about Rocky's "peak" is hilarious.

I saw enough of the trailer to get me completely stoked to see the film. The banter between Rocky and Paulie definitely looks to be alive in the movie but I'm now completely bummed about Adrian. I'd prefer a new Rocky movie never be made than to just...you know...to her. She's such a pivotal part of the series, acting as the catalyst to much of Rocky's success. I just don't see how you can have a film without her.

It looks good honestly. I like the fact that in the movie they're not acting like the last movie/ last rocky fight was 2 years ago. I like the fact that they're factoring in Stallone and Rocky are both old.

[quote name='basketkase543']I saw enough of the trailer to get me completely stoked to see the film. The banter between Rocky and Paulie definitely looks to be alive in the movie but I'm now completely bummed about Adrian. I'd prefer a new Rocky movie never be made than to just...you know...to her. She's such a pivotal part of the series, acting as the catalyst to much of Rocky's success. I just don't see how you can have a film without her.[/QUOTE]

She'll still be there in spirit and will still motivate Rockey somehow, I bet (think Mickey for Rocky 3 and Apollo Creed for 4).

And probably the sole reason I despised #5 was that they added crappy Hip Hop instead of the usual cool soundtrack I've always loved. Hopefully they'll go back to that in this movie.

Damn I though this was just gonna be some shitty cash-in on the franchise, but they actually put some thought into this, and now I really do wanna see this now.

....and isnt Harrison Ford doing Indiana Jones 4? I like the fact that some series go on to adapt to the age of the actors, like Lethal Weapon 4 in a way.

Why not just call it Rocky VI?

But anyways, that trailer is dope. I remember Stallone has been trying to get someone to make this movie for years, it's been talked about forever.

one of the people from The Adam Carolla Show [ radio show, adam took over for howard for the west coast ] got to see a very early screening.

small spoiler
he said it sucked

[quote name='RonnieWrecked']one of the people from The Adam Carolla Show [ radio show, adam took over for howard for the west coast ] got to see a very early screening.

small spoiler
he said it sucked
[/QUOTE]

he give any reasons?

[quote name='gofishn']Am I the only person here who enjoyed Rocky IV and all of its Soviet stereotypes?[/QUOTE]

nope, it's my second favorite actually (first one being the first).

[quote name='SMMM']
he give any reasons?
[/QUOTE]

i don't recall exactly cause it was a little over 3 weeks ago, but one of the things was that stalon was too old to play the part, and that the story was lame

if you really want to know what he said, you should be able to find a torrent of the broadcast.

Just an aside regarding people who have seen early screenings of it - the early screenings are the first edit...a lot of the comments I've seen on the early screenings are "it could be a really good film with some editing." Early screenings ALWAYS run significantly longer than what we wind up seeing, so I'm not too worried about that aspect of it.

[quote name='SMMM']And probably the sole reason I despised #5 was that they added crappy Hip Hop instead of the usual cool soundtrack I've always loved. Hopefully they'll go back to that in this movie.[/QUOTE]
Psh, c'mon man, who doesn't love "Go For It?"

Oh. Everyone.

Then I won't mention I have that song on my computer.

[quote name='Graystone']It looks good honestly. I like the fact that in the movie they're not acting like the last movie/ last rocky fight was 2 years ago. I like the fact that they're factoring in Stallone and Rocky are both old.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, that's definatly cool. I enjoy stories (franchises) that allow the protagonist (and the world around him/her/it) to age & change.

Trailer looks cool, I like how modern the world looks & how Rocky's an old legend. Plus the line at end was pretty damn funny :lol:

Sadly, the ending will be marred when Rocky gets a Lipton Ice Tea before the 15th round and instantly knocks Dixon into the upper deck. "That's BRISK, baby!"

Mickey TOLD him to save it for the sequel.

C'mon man, the last guy was named Tommy Gunn!

Speaking of which, here's a decent read:

http://msn.foxsports.com/boxing/story/5352006

Yeah he's cocky and a little bitter, but 46-3 (with 40 KOs) ain't nothing to sneeze at, and against a post-Buster Douglas version of Mike Tyson, he would have had a decent chance to beat him.

Coming back NOW though? Probably not a good idea.

[quote name='KaneRobot']C'mon man, the last guy was named Tommy Gunn!

Speaking of which, here's a decent read:

http://msn.foxsports.com/boxing/story/5352006

Yeah he's cocky and a little bitter, but 46-3 (with 40 KOs) ain't nothing to sneeze at, and against a post-Buster Douglas version of Mike Tyson, he would have had a decent chance to beat him.

Coming back NOW though? Probably not a good idea.[/quote]

wow, thanks for the newsflash, that's crazy...

bread's done
Back