Rogers Plus Boxing Week - $60 for AC2 & MW2 used!

These deals are great! ODST and Gears 2 for $40 is pretty hot. It'll make using the 2 for $40 pretty hard with no stock left on the 29th.

Rogers Plus is the new video game Boxing Day saviour.

Modern Warfare 2 + Assassin's Creed 2 used for $60
PS3 controller + Greatest Hits combos for $50
Halo 3 ODST + Gears 2 used for $40
Mario Kart Wii new for $40
Uncharted 2 new for $40

[quote name='stetson717']I remember seeing a 2 for 40 coupon before. Does anyone know which thread its in?[/QUOTE]
I believe that coupon isn't valid until the 29th (from the calendar of savings).

[quote name='Jbently']I believe that coupon isn't valid until the 29th (from the calendar of savings).[/QUOTE]

Oh ok. Thanks.

Do you have to have the calendar of savings or can you print out a coupon?

^ no printable 2 for 40 coupon, need to have the calendar. And after boxing day I doubt there will be much left worth 2 for 40.

Also talked to a couple of stores today, they both said they're not putting any more used inventory games out for the sale. Neither store had any MW2 out, and only 1 copy of AC2, so I'm not sure how easy it will be to find that deal (MW2+AC2 $60)

Yes, there are some pretty good deals on used games at Rogers for Boxing Day. However, I still think the Buy 1 Used Get 1 For $5 at Microplay is the better deal. You can get any two games you want.

I better hope they restock the used game coffers for when I do become a Rogers Plus member again.

Anyone in London or Windsor know any Rogers that has FIFA 10 for 360? Wouldn't mind using my 2/40 coupon on it but the Rogers' in Sarnia only have FIFA for PS3.

does the ps3 control game combo only come in 3 selections
ratchet and hatch
uncharted 1
grand turismo?

if resistance 1 was in on that deal, id be all over it

So then this is on all week starting Monday? If so then I may have already missed all the deals. Kinda doubt that my Rogers has gotten better selection for used games. They were horrid in the first place.

[quote name='witenite']does the ps3 control game combo only come in 3 selections
ratchet and hatch (Ratchet and Clank, you should probably check it out, it's one of the best game series I've ever played.)
uncharted 1
grand turismo?

if resistance 1 was in on that deal, id be all over it[/QUOTE]
These are the only 3 games I've seen with the controller pack in, so they are probably the only ones.

problem is i have both games uncharted 1 and ratchet and clank on back log. I grabbbed it whent was 2 for 40 months ago and still havent found time to open. too many unopened games i got not enough time. Gran turismo doesnt reallly interest me, plus it would take many many hours to beat

I am pretty happy about these deals. It makes me excited to be working boxing day. I just need some people to come take advantage of the boxing week sales for cell phones. I need to make some money to pay for all the gifts I bought this year.

[quote name='Teddite']These are the only 3 games I've seen with the controller pack in, so they are probably the only ones.[/QUOTE]

seen at rogers or seen ever?

the GH+DS3 packs (at least seen in bestbuy/etc) are ratchet1, uncharted1, resistance1, warhawk, GT5prologue (why get that when the full GT5 is coming next year), & that may be it

though... just checked bestbuy.. warhawk is missing.. which is what i was gonna get from rogers
also amazon.com just has uncharted, weird

I've never seen any copies of either MW2 or AC2 used at Rogers, so offering them as a bundle deal is kinda crazy. They might as well be offering Duke Nukem Forever for a buck, you'll never see it.

They are most likely going to convert their rentals to PV'ed on Boxing Day for the sale, so every store should have tons of copies, my local stores have like 20 copies of each on the shelf so even if they convert 10 copies they still have lots to rent out

would i be able to buy one of their rentals as used or should i ask them? (need some older out of print ps3 titles)

What a fucking joke. I was third person inside Rogers Plus. Person #1 wanted the PS3 controller bundles, Person #2 was my uncle who wanted Mario Kart Wii. The first guy picked up one of maybe four or five controller bundles. My uncle got the only Mario Kart Wii. I got zilch. They did not have ANY MW2 + AC2 bundles in stock even at opening. I dragged my ass out of bed for nothing.

Went to London Drugs beside it and picked up Rock Band 2 and Tomb Raider Underworld for $5 each on 360. Anyone in Vancouver have a PS3 version they wanna trade for my RB2? =( They also have You're in the Movies w/Vision Cam for $10.

I went to 3 Rogers, picked up tons of stuff. I was one of the only people in each of them. There were lots of Assassin's Creed+MW2, but I already have both.
Grabbed Forza 3 and some Wii and PS2 games, and TONS of DVDs.

[quote name='ilovefreeloading']HMV is selling MW2 new for $29.99 today. Zellers is selling new ACII for $29.99 today also. So this Rogers Plus deal isn't all that special.[/QUOTE]

Sadly, at the zellers i went to, ACII was actually 32.50 cause their original price was $64.99. So in theory, it was worse than the eb deal

Went to my local Rogers Plus, and picked up Bionic Commando 360 for 12.50, and Metroid Prime Pinball DS for $12.50.

I asked the cashier if they had any copies of Halo ODST, and they pulled out a rental copy that had never been rented and I picked a copy of Gears of War 2 that is like brand new.

Needless to say I'm a very happy person today!

[quote name='Firestorm']What a fucking joke. I was third person inside Rogers Plus. Person #1 wanted the PS3 controller bundles, Person #2 was my uncle who wanted Mario Kart Wii. The first guy picked up one of maybe four or five controller bundles. My uncle got the only Mario Kart Wii. I got zilch. They did not have ANY MW2 + AC2 bundles in stock even at opening. I dragged my ass out of bed for nothing.

Went to London Drugs beside it and picked up Rock Band 2 and Tomb Raider Underworld for $5 each on 360. Anyone in Vancouver have a PS3 version they wanna trade for my RB2? =( They also have You're in the Movies w/Vision Cam for $10.[/QUOTE]
cool so i am not alone on this so does rogers really win the boxing day deal really? really? never do they have stock :bomb:

oh damn you happy ppls im still bitter!! down with rogers ! rawr :(

My local Rogers Plus is really, really shitty. Absolutely none of those games listed were there at all. NONE. I was only hoping to get Forza, since I was waiting for a pricedrop on that game, but it never happened. So disappointed.

Tempted to get it from Amazon for $59, but if I've waited this long, might as well wait a little longer.

I went into Rogers with my brother, and we were first into the store. As soon as they unlocked the doors, I asked about the MW2+AC2 deal, and they did not have any stock. In fact, the girl's response was "Oh, I guess we don't have any of those ... this is going to be a *real* fun day." She was nice enough to call the other Rogers store, but they had none either. Why do companies spend all that money on advertising things they have no intention of selling? Actually, I think there is a law about that ... bait and switch ring a bell for anybody?

maybe i should have gotten up earlier, went around 5pm yesterday

unch2 sold out, same for GH bundles, asked about buying really old games & if they havent been rented in a year, the manager can sell them to you

restock thu.. no idea if it's morning or evening

Just a wild guess, but I'd assume the no stock issues were due to RFDer's prebuying and intending to try return/rebuying. Despite that always being prohibited on Boxing Day. But a small thing like that won't deter a RFDer from trying to bitch at a CSR till it works...

No, my store straight up told me that it was because they only had a few rental copies which were all out. Head Office did not instruct stores to have some for sale at all.

oya, rentals were all out, & new was sold out (there might have been a stack on the front desk)

well it's not surprising at all that they'd be sold out when i was 7hrs late

is thu the only restock? i think bestbuy is mon/wed/fri, but of course that's a bigger store

[quote name='kn00tcn']the $40 ones were new not used[/QUOTE]

Are you referring to uncharted 2 and mario kart because I think a lot of rogers had those in stock. At least enough to avoid any type of bait and switch charge. Certainly in my area they did. Most people seem to have a problem with trying to get AC2 & MW2 used. Sounds like very few places had those in stock which is why I was asking if any consumer protection laws have anything to do with used items.

Just got back from the RV on Austin, I was able to pickup PS3 Uncharted 2 and Brutal Legend for the 2 for $40 previous played game deal. Both mint condition even without the marker writing on the disc. When I left at 10:30am they still had PS3 Brutal Legend, The Beatles, Ratchet and Clank Crack in Time, Resident Evil 5, Tekken 6, & Disgea 3. For the 360 I saw they had Assassin Creed 2. They had nothing for the wii.

[quote name='awworld']Just got back from the RV on Austin, I was able to pickup PS3 Uncharted 2 and Brutal Legend for the 2 for $40 previous played game deal. Both mint condition even without the marker writing on the disc. When I left at 10:30am they still had PS3 Brutal Legend, The Beatles, Ratchet and Clank Crack in Time, Resident Evil 5, Tekken 6, & Disgea 3. For the 360 I saw they had Assassin Creed 2. They had nothing for the wii.[/QUOTE]

where is austin? damn.. i wanted the beatles rock band for $30 =(

*edit* damn austin is in coquitlam.. so farrrr >

[quote name='Xeph820']where is austin? damn.. i wanted the beatles rock band for $30 =(

*edit* damn austin is in coquitlam.. so farrrr >

[quote name='awworld']Its about 7 long blocks from North Road and Lougheed[/QUOTE]

so its kinda near lougheed mall then? and by sears outlet?
that's not too far i guess, i thought it was near coquitlam center lol

[quote name='Xeph820']so its kinda near lougheed mall then? and by sears outlet?
that's not too far i guess, i thought it was near coquitlam center lol[/QUOTE]

look on Rogersvideo.ca, there is two stores in that area. one right on North Road near the top of lougheed mall. the second is on Austin Road about 7 blocks away.

just got back from the rogers by coquitlam center near barnett hwy
got NFS Shift and Brutal legends

they still had SVR 2010 xbox360, halo odst, liberty city stories 360, brutal legends ps3, tekken 6 on both systems, little big planet goty edition (no manual), god of war collection,halo odst,madden 10,Assasins Creed 2 ps3

I should of checked out the austin location as I was looking for ratchet and clank crank in time!

Ill trade anyone in the GVR NFS shift ps3 or brutal legends 360 for ratchet and clank crank in time! or ill buy it for $35

pm me!

i went to austin location and they wouldn't give me the beatles rock band for $30... I thought they boxing week sale is going on till jan something
I didn't ask them for the 2 for $40 coupon cause I'm not a star rewards member yet.
pretty lame = - ="

If you are not a member, it only cost $10 for membership. Since you can pickup two previously played games for $40. it would mean the two games cost you $50 or $25 each ($40 games + $10 membership = $50)

bread's done
Back