Rogers Plus Massive Clearance Sale

Lone_Prodigy

CAGiversary!
Feedback
32 (100%)
50-75% off new games and such.

PS3 $90
God of War III $7.50 new
MOH for xbox is $10 used, Madden 11 is $10 used for xbox and ps3, lost planet is $10 used for xbox only
Wii remote with motion+ $12.50
Mario games 50% off
etc.

YMMV, go now because RFD is all over it like white on rice.

Thanks OP, I'll try to beat the hoarders but thats a tall task for somebody who has to work for a living :)

[quote name='PapaLau']Thanks OP, I'll try to beat the hoarders but thats a tall task for somebody who has to work for a living :)[/QUOTE]Oh SNAP :applause:

Thanks OP. I doubt anything will be left at my location when I get off work, but I can always hope there'll be something still there.

I was just going to post this before I refreshed the page. :lol:
It's YMMV though. My store said only new games were on sale so I came up mostly empty.

Wow, great deals. Not going to bother trying because I doubt there will be anything left by the time I arrive... but great deals.

Here are all the new games on sale (all versions) for 50% off:

Alpha Protocol
Blur
Green Day Rock Band
Spiderman Shattered Dimensions
Split/Second
Singularity
Toy Story 3
Transformers WfC
Nier
Batman Brave & Bold
Metroid Other M
Sin & Punishment 2
Mario Party 8
NHL 2K11
Street Fighter IV
Lego Harry Potter
Monster Hunter Tri
Tiger Woods 11
Picross 3D
Starcraft II
Bioshock 2
Crackdown 2
Iron Man 2
Lost Planet 2
Red Dead Redemption
UFC 2010

[quote name='Lone_Prodigy']Here are all the new games on sale (all versions) for 50% off:

Alpha Protocol
Blur
Green Day Rock Band
Spiderman Shattered Dimensions
Split/Second
Singularity
Toy Story 3
Transformers WfC
Nier
Batman Brave & Bold
Metroid Other M
Sin & Punishment 2
Mario Party 8
NHL 2K11
Street Fighter IV
Lego Harry Potter
Monster Hunter Tri
Tiger Woods 11
Picross 3D
Starcraft II
Bioshock 2
Crackdown 2
Iron Man 2
Lost Planet 2
Red Dead Redemption
UFC 2010[/QUOTE]

Nope thats not even close, lol. I was just at the store, and they printed off the list and showed me. They had 15 pages of new games 75% off, 5 pages of new games 50% off, and only 2 pages of used games on sale. Also all accessories are on sale i just got 3 2800 points cards for 10$ each and i got a xbox live 12month subscription for 15! yeah! Pretty much any game that hasnt come out in the last week is on sale. I asked the manager and at the last meeting he was at they said that after xmas they will not be carrying new games anymore. So this sale is prolly to clear them all out

I just got back from my local RP. Picked up Bayonetta, Red Dead and White Knight Chronicles all for 64 bucks. They printed off a copy of the deals for me to look at and i must say there are a hell of a lot of new games at 75% off. The selection at my store wasnt the best but I cant complain. Im glad i got there when i did. Just after I had the clerk bring the last copies of Red Dead and WKC some dude walked in and bought up like a quarter of their remaining new games.

Not much left at my local (Mississauga @ Bristol), however I did get:

Army of Two:40th Day - 17.50
Dante's Inferno - 15
deBlob - 3.75

Thanks again OP

Wow, thanks OP for posting! I was able to go on my (early) lunch break and picked up the following:

XBLA 2800 pt card for $9.xx
Blue Wii Remote w/motion Plus for $12.xx
Heavy Rain (new) for $15
GOW3 (new) for $7.50

Awesome deal. Feels like an early xmas! The CSR said that a guy came in just before me and bought 2 non-slim Xboxes for $50 each and all of their 12 month XBL cards for $15 each. This was at Westhills location in Calgary.

Too bad I need what money I have for Xmas gifts. It was too late at 12 when those RFD losers were talking this up anyway. The Rogers near my home have very little in the way of new games as is.

The Rogers at Bank and Hunt Club basically had what Lone_Prodigy posted, plus a few 75% off games when I got there at 5:30. The one game that they had that I wanted (Assassin's Creed Brotherhood), wasn't yellow stickered, which means it wasn't on sale. And there was no trace of Fable III. It makes me sad that I could only get there that late. I was looking for Microsoft Points, and $10 for 2800 would have helped stretch my Christmas money.

Sometimes it doesn't pay to have a 9-5 job!

I went to one this afternoon, there were 2 guys there hoarding like mad. The CSR said they bought around $1500 worth of stuff and had been waiting for the store to open. If it was on sale they bought it, the store was pretty much picked clean. Apparently they own a pawn shop or something and resell everything. The CSR was quite familiar with these guys, said they did this for every sale (2 for 40, etc). He's tried preventing them from hoarding, but they complained to his manager and the manager gave him crap for limiting them to 2 copies (since there were 2 of them).

Darn I should've snapped up the 2800-point cards for you guys (don't have a 360 so it's useless to me). One guy apparently bought them all at one location.

And yes my list isn't everything, but I wasn't allowed to see the list so I went through all the games and wrote down which ones were stickered at 50% off. Feel free to post it if you get it though. ;)

I managed to pick up:

Medal of Honor - $10
Transformers WFC - $7.50
Final Fantasy 13 - $10
Lost Planet 2 - $7.5

All used, all for 360.

75% off list (it's a huge PDF and most of it is bargain bin stuff already):

Code:
75% off list:

-all 10 and older sports titles
-all music games except the newest ones

Lego Indy 2
Banjo
Gears 1 LE

DS
FF Crystal Chronicles
GTA Chinatown Wars
Dragon Quest V
Dragon Quest IV
Trauma Center Under the Knife
Advance Wars Days
Final Fantasy Fables
Warioware Master of Disguise
Elite Beat Agents
Children of Mana
Mario Hoops 3-on-3
Metroid Prime Pinball
Advance Wars Dual Strike

PS3
DJ Hero
Wolverine
Motorstorm PR
MGS4 LE
Folklore
Heavenly Sword

Wii
Excite Bots
Ghostbusters
Animal Crossing
Wario Land Shake It
Dead Rising
RE Archives
Wii Fit Plus
Dead Space Extraction
Conduit
Boom Blox Bash Party
Klonoa
Pikmin
HotD Overkill
Wii Music
Mario Sluggers
Battalion Wars II
Metroid Prime 3
Mario Strikers Charged
Trauma Center Second Opinion
Excite Truck
Mario & Sonic at the Olympics

So are the games marked or do they just scan up? I've called all the stores in my area and none of them seem to have any idea what's going on with regards to a sale.

[quote name='Mattius_Carl']So are the games marked or do they just scan up? I've called all the stores in my area and none of them seem to have any idea what's going on with regards to a sale.[/QUOTE]

The games are not marked or in the system. The discount are manually entered, only after they check the list of games that are available for discount.

Actually, the games are marked. They were at the store I went to. All the clearance stuff had a yellow sticker on it. The rest of the stuff was regular price. The guy working there was well aware of the sale, but wondered how people found out about it before he did. He only foud out this morning when opening the store.

I sse thhe rselling is starting already. http://ottawa.kijiji.ca/c-buy-and-s...dition-MEDAL-OF-HONOR-X360-W0QQAdIdZ238480306

Last edited by a moderator:
So I should just go in and ask for a list I guess? I see someone posted all the 75% off games, nobody would happen to know all the 50% off ones would they...heh. Hopefully at least ONE employee at the store will know what's what.

Edit: Are the yellow stickers marked as the sale price or do they just indicate that the game is on sale 50% off the sticker price?

[quote name='Mattius_Carl']So I should just go in and ask for a list I guess? I see someone posted all the 75% off games, nobody would happen to know all the 50% off ones would they...heh. Hopefully at least ONE employee at the store will know what's what.

Edit: Are the yellow stickers marked as the sale price or do they just indicate that the game is on sale 50% off the sticker price?[/QUOTE]

They are marked as 50% or 75% off clearance.

Hey Everybody,

Just started using CAG, wanted to let you guys know I just got back from the RP on Ogilvie in Ottawa, and the selection remains good. I didn't see any of the newest stuff on sale (e.g. MOH) but they still had FF13 ($12 360, $18 PS3), Singularity, Bayonetta, Mass Effect 2, Red Dead (both systems, $30), Dragon Age, and Blur off the top of my head. Also some good Wii stuff ($30 NSMB and SMG2)

I just wanted to thank you guys. Managed to snag God of War III for $7.50 and Bioshock 2 for $8.75. This was at the Scott Road and 80th location (Scott Road and 64th don't have new games or accessories). They still had some Mario games left, if anyone's interested in that. They still had some 360 and PS3 games left, but I'm blanking out on titles. They're totally out accessories for all consoles though - really wanted to get 2 more wiimotes. Again, thank you guys.

[quote name='eday_2010']Actually, the games are marked. They were at the store I went to. All the clearance stuff had a yellow sticker on it. The rest of the stuff was regular price. The guy working there was well aware of the sale, but wondered how people found out about it before he did. He only foud out this morning when opening the store.

I sse thhe rselling is starting already. http://ottawa.kijiji.ca/c-buy-and-s...dition-MEDAL-OF-HONOR-X360-W0QQAdIdZ238480306[/QUOTE]

I hate those farts that use the word "Cheers!". If you're British, fine. If you're Australian, fine. If you're from my city, you're a poser.

Wow. These stories make me glad I didn't hope to get anything - sounds like the hoarders were on this deal like hawks. Can't really blame them so much... I mean, those prices are ridiculous. Shame that the goods (mostly) aren't going to the actual people who want them without being resold for big profits.

I saw Bayonetta, Darksiders, Bioshock 2, Just Cause 2, Star Ocean at the Caledonia and Eglinton Location (Toronto). This one guy bought what looked like 20 Xbox points cards!! *sigh*

I also saw Transformers WFC, MAG, Sin and Punishment 2, Aliens vs Predator at the Royal York and Bloor Location (Toronto).

Just got back from checking out four locations, and here's the haul (all new stuff):

Klonoa - $8.75
Heavy Rain - $15.00
Dante's Inferno (360) - $15.00
Xbox 360 Wireless Controllers - $15.00 (Black), $13.75 (White)
Punch-Out!! - $29.99 (not part of the sale, but still the best price I've seen)
Black Wii Remote + Motion Plus - $15.00
Xbox 360 12 Months Gold + Messenger Pack - $20.00
Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: Echoes of Time (DS) - $6.25
Dragon Quest V - $11.25
Excitebots (standalone) - $3.75
Wii Motion Plus - $5.00
Nunchuk - $6.25
Samba de Amigo (bundled with lame 3rd party maracas) - $2.50

Got a bunch of Christmas shopping done tonight!

Wow, some huge deals. I thought I had done well:

Red Dead Redemption (360) - $29.99
Final Fantasy 13 (360) - $11.99
Final Fantasy 13 (PS3) - $17.99
Dragon Age: Origins Awakening - $11.99
New Super Mario Bros. (Wii) - $29.99

Nothing fantastic apparently someone was in just before me and picked up over 35 new games for over $1000 dollars. Insanity. All I wanted was Metro 2033 lol

Holy shit, I was there this morning just by coincidence to get a PSN card. I overheard some dude going nutz telling the clerk that he was dead certain GOWIII was $7, but the clerk didn't have anything of it. I didn't think much of it either.

If I knew about this, I probably would've picked up RDR and some other stuff :( maybe I'll check tomorrow, but I'll be busy, fuck.

Went to the one across from Surrey Central and didn't find anything I was interested in. But I managed to pick up Metroid: Other M ($30) and Sin & Punishment 2 ($25) at the New West location (there was 1 S&P2 left if anyone is interested). I asked the guy there about consoles, and he said none of them were on sale, even though I specifically remember seeing several PS3 and Xbox consoles on the list the Surrey location had (they had no consoles of any type there though). He did say he didn't bother reading through the 20 page list (and wasn't going to), so who knows.

The Royal Oak location had absolutely no games or accessories for any console. It looked like they had gone and packed it all up or something. So don't even bother going to that one.

[quote name='hayabusa9016']I saw Bayonetta, Darksiders, Bioshock 2, Just Cause 2, Star Ocean at the Caledonia and Eglinton Location (Toronto). This one guy bought what looked like 20 Xbox points cards!! *sigh*[/QUOTE]

What consoles were those for? I might have to make the trip tomorrow for some of them.

Picked up:

Final Fantasy XIII - $17.50
NSMB - $30.00
SMG2 - $30.00
Starcraft 2: $30.00

Some of the games on sale were tagged at 50% off, Final Fantasy XIII was tagged at $69.99, but scanned in at $17.50.

They were sending all the new games off in the store near me.

[quote name='hayabusa9016']This one guy bought what looked like 20 Xbox points cards!! *sigh*
[/QUOTE]

They only had 3, 1400 points cards($5 ea) when I went, I totally would have bought 20 if they had them, those points would have lasted me, dare I say till the end of time.

Just got back from the Davie store in Vancouver. Nice to know this neighbourhood isn't full of bloodthirsty RFD nutcases. Picked up five 1400 point cards, there were still another 10 or so left (someone cleaned out the 2800s and accessories). Tons of games -- Metro 2033, Mass Effect 2, Starcraft 2, Splinter Cell, etc -- and an employee told me they had a TON of 50%/75% games in the back room that they were slowly going to put on the floor over the next few days.

[quote name='Ashground']Just got back from the Davie store in Vancouver. Nice to know this neighbourhood isn't full of bloodthirsty RFD nutcases. Picked up five 1400 point cards, there were still another 10 or so left (someone cleaned out the 2800s and accessories). Tons of games -- Metro 2033, Mass Effect 2, Starcraft 2, Splinter Cell, etc -- and an employee told me they had a TON of 50%/75% games in the back room that they were slowly going to put on the floor over the next few days.[/QUOTE]

Aww Ashground if you can grab me a copy of Metro 2033 and 2 1400 point cards I will sell you my first born lol.

Checked out a bunch of stores in the SE/SW here in Calgary. Lots of games left for all systems. Didn't end up buying anything though as even with 50% off $30 is still too much, imo. The real deals were on consoles/accessories which I'm sure were the first things to go.

[quote name='JaredFrost']They were sending all the new games off in the store near me.

They only had 3, 1400 points cards($5 ea) when I went, I totally would have bought 20 if they had them, those points would have lasted me, dare I say till the end of time.[/QUOTE]

I guess I'll have to give the guy I saw the benefit of the doubt. It just bugs me to think that some ppl will try to make a profit off of sales like these. :bomb:

[quote name='JGonspy']What consoles were those for? I might have to make the trip tomorrow for some of them.[/QUOTE]

I saw those for Xbox 360.

bread's done
Back