Rogers Plus Massive Clearance Sale

Lone_Prodigy

CAGiversary!
Feedback
32 (100%)
50-75% off new games and such.

PS3 $90
God of War III $7.50 new
MOH for xbox is $10 used, Madden 11 is $10 used for xbox and ps3, lost planet is $10 used for xbox only
Wii remote with motion+ $12.50
Mario games 50% off
etc.

YMMV, go now because RFD is all over it like white on rice.

Dragon Quest V
Dragon Quest IV

Damn I shoulda checked it out when I read about it this morning. If anyone sees those in Edmonton gimme a shout.

[quote name='Eoyote']Checked out a bunch of stores in the SE/SW here in Calgary. Lots of games left for all systems. Didn't end up buying anything though as even with 50% off $30 is still too much, imo. The real deals were on consoles/accessories which I'm sure were the first things to go.[/QUOTE]

+1, the games themselves are great prices, but nothing to rush out and go nuts over. I start to think about game prices in terms of 'Goozex Dollars'; Metro 2033, for example, is 950 points on Goozex, and it's $15 at RP. FFXII, on the other hand, is 500 points, and it's going for like $10 at RP? It's still a decent price, but I prefer to just sit back and have the games come to me!

I know this is a long shot but if anyone picked up or is able to pick up any extra 1400 or 2800 or 12-month cards, I'd be willing to buy them from you at double the current sale price. I will buy as many points as you have for sale, as I buy a lot of DLC.

All stores near me are completely cleaned out (actually most stores I call say they aren't even on sale)

Sorry to say guys,

I'm in Ottawa and just got a 120 GB Xbox 360 Elite for $74 after tax. It's the ODST/Forza Bundle.

What a fucking steal!

[quote name='rbb07']Sorry to say guys,

I'm in Ottawa and just got a 120 GB Xbox 360 Elite for $74 after tax. It's the ODST/Forza Bundle.

What a fucking steal![/QUOTE]

Share the wealth!

...of information, I mean. What store, and was there ANYTHING left? Consoles? DSi XL's? Wiimotes with Motion Plus? Good games? ANYTHING worth going to that store for?

Haha,

My brother works there and luckily, I mean luckily got one held for me.

My GF works at Stittsville and she nabbed two DS's for about $30 each and some Wii remotes.

Great day.

Holy shiz. I'm going to try and check out my local store tomorrow. Here's hoping there's some 360 stuff left. In need of a new 360 controller atm. Hopefully some other goodies are still left (XBL points would be awesome) if the price is right and there's actually something left in the store.

For those in Waterloo, Fisher-Hallman/Highland should have all the games up and tagged today. Yesterday they were actually taking all the games out of the cases to resticker them. They also have a black Wii and those DS Lite display boxes...whether this means thay actually have DS Lites for sale, I dunno :S Lots of used games left there and at Ottawa/River in Kitchener. Northfield/Weber...not as many used games but they're still there.

Just called the other Rogers store in Moncton and they told me that the only store in the Maritimes that are doing the sale is the Rogers in Oromocto.

Just an FYI. :)

So dis anyone grab more Microsoft Points cards than they actually need? I was looking to get a few as gifts for Christmas, but no luck since I was at work yesterday. Like everyone else, I want to avoid paying full price for them. So if anyone has any extras that they would like to sell without gouging me, please let me know. I would be forever indebted to you :)

Yonge/Davisville doesn't have much, however, there's maybe 5 copies of Metroid Other M at 50% off, a couple copies of NSMB Wii and Mario Galaxy 2, also for 50% off. I think they are all $60 new, so you're looking at 30 plus tax.

PS3 50% off they have 1 Spider-Man Shattered Dimensons, a couple copies of Blur, a few UFC 2010.

They have a pile of games for 75% off, For PS3 I saw a few Bioshock 2, a Dante's Inferno CE, and on the Wii side just crap, unless someone wants Wii Music for cheap.

I don't have an X-Box so I didn't look. Nor did I ask/see anything about systems/point cards.

If you hurry, you might find a decent deal, but pickings are slim and I don't think they'll last more than a few days.

Hope that helps someone!

Windsor locations...
no consoles
no XBLA pt cards
no GoW for ps3 new
my purchases were MOH and transformers

kinda crappy finds but still hella cheap

Went to Millwoods Edmonton location last night. They've still got a lot of stock, but nothing great for PS3. They did have the black Wii on for $150 tho.

Used games are 75% off, but the list of games that were counted in the sale were; like 15 games. MOH and FF13 for 360 were the standouts. They had a ton of Gow3, but they were marked at $19.99 and weren't on the list.

New games are 50% off, Metroid Other M and 3D Dot Game Heroes was on the list, but the were out of 3DGH :(

Didn't end up getting anything.

[quote name='Mikass']Just called the other Rogers store in Moncton and they told me that the only store in the Maritimes that are doing the sale is the Rogers in Oromocto.

Just an FYI. :)[/QUOTE]

The store in Dieppe on Champlain St was already "cleaned up". They probably sent all their stock back days ago (before the sale) as the whole section changed to 'Pre-played' only. The few accessories/cards remaining were full price.

[quote name='Ashground']Just got back from the Davie store in Vancouver. Nice to know this neighbourhood isn't full of bloodthirsty RFD nutcases. Picked up five 1400 point cards, there were still another 10 or so left (someone cleaned out the 2800s and accessories). Tons of games -- Metro 2033, Mass Effect 2, Starcraft 2, Splinter Cell, etc -- and an employee told me they had a TON of 50%/75% games in the back room that they were slowly going to put on the floor over the next few days.[/QUOTE]

I was there earlier than you. I know one guy bought all the 2800 point cards but at the time I didn't know the rest were on sale so I left the rest.

I got Galaxy 2 new for $32.50, wish it was $30 but I'm not complaining.

[quote name='Mikass']Just called the other Rogers store in Moncton and they told me that the only store in the Maritimes that are doing the sale is the Rogers in Oromocto.

Just an FYI. :)[/QUOTE]

Just wanted to let you know that the people you talked to at the Moncton RP are full of it. The RP in Fredericton is running the sale and the clerk i spoke to mentioned that the Oromocto location had kept calling asking if there were any consoles and certain games in stock. I was able to pick up GoW3, Bayonetta, WKC, and Red Dead and 4 1400 XBL point cards(XMAS gift for my bro in law) all for around 85-90 bucks.

They still have a decent selection in Fredericton. Lots of 1400 point cards, no 2800's. As far as game selection goes as long as your not there for either WKC, GOW3 or FF13 you should have some luck finding something. I'm tempted to go check out Oromocto to see if they have any copies of FF13 in stock. That was the only game I was looking for but didnt get.

[quote name='[B']Mikass[/B];7912250]Just called the other Rogers store in Moncton and they told me that the only store in the Maritimes that are doing the sale is the Rogers in Oromocto.

Just an FYI. :)

[/QUOTE]

Umm no...I was at the store in Fredericton, got games, point cards and xbox live subscriptions

Went to the Woodbine (Calgary) store. They didn't even know about the sale until I told them about it, and then they found the list and let me take a look. Shelves were pretty barren and even the staff mentioned that was odd because it was full on Monday, so either someone cleaned it out yesterday, or they sent a lot of things out, which is what staff mentioned might have happened.

So....No consoles except for 1 black wii and pretty much no notable games unless you like lost planet 2 or blur, at least for ps3. I glanced at the xbox section and it seemed the same there. Same deal with accessories, nothing. What I found really ironic though, was that pretty much all of the games that were listed for 75% off had a copy in the used section, which weren't on sale. Staff said to check the southland store, but I take transit, so too much of a hassle to get there, but hopefully someone will have some luck over there.

I did manage to get the only copies of bayonetta ($12) and MAG ($15) for PS3, so at least I walked away with something.

one other thing I noticed as well was they got rid of their psp section. I'm wondering if that's chain wide or just this store.

I have never in all time in this site (about a couple of years in and out), seen such a massive sale. Just a heads up for anyone in toronto, if you dont go out today you may as well forget about going at all, as most stores are picked clean with only a few things here and there.

I was fortunate enough to see the list of games on sale, let me just say its safe to say almost 80% of their stock is on sale. The list itself was massive about 8-10 pages of games and accessories.

Was able to grab a copy of bioshock 2 and a intec wii induction charger for $15. Though I may consider giving up bioshock2 if anyone wants

[quote name='T.a.g']Umm no...I was at the store in Fredericton, got games, point cards and xbox live subscriptions[/QUOTE]

Umm ok. I was just posting what I was told. That's all. Not like I would drive to Fredericton anyways. But good to know for people that can.

[quote name='gamoe']
I was fortunate enough to see the list of games on sale, let me just say its safe to say almost 80% of their stock is on sale. The list itself was massive about 8-10 pages of games and accessories.[/QUOTE]

yeah, it was funny that the list of 50% off games was only about 4 pages, and the list of 75% off games/items was 10+ pages. Everything is listed there, including consoles, except for the items they actually had in stock lol.

I was hoping the playstation eye camera was on there, (one of the few ps3 accessories they actually had in stock), but having gone through the list several times, didn't see it on there, also, no move related items on the lists that I saw (or kinect for that matter). I mentioned to the staff that this is what a black friday/boxing day sale should be like, except with more in stock lol. The sale is on until Dec 24, so hopefully stores will get more stock in.

If it's a clearance, then it is unlikely they will get more stuff in. The point of it is to clear stuff out. They want to get rid of it, which is probably why none of the stores stopped the RFD hoarding scum from buying garbage bags full of games. If this was a sale then they'd more than likely get more stuff in. But because it's a clearance, I don't see it happening.

Their ad says while quantities last. So by the weekend it will be over since all the stores were raped yesterday.

73 replies here in this thread. The one over at RFD has over 73 pages *sigh* if I'm ever lucky enough to stumble upon a deal worth sharing, bet your ass I'm posting here and only here.

Anyways I picked up SMG2, because let's face it, it's never gonna go for $29.99 regular.

I didn't see any systems.

These games I've asked for, and didn't count towards the clearance sale: Gran Turismo 5, Undead Nightmare, Enslaved: Odyssey to the West, Vanquish, Donkey Kong Country Returns, Kirby's Epic Yarn, and SURPRISE SURPRISE Super Paper Mario =| a game that never seems to go on sale. fucker.

I'm going back in half an hour to check whether Silent Hill: Shattered Memories and Tales of Symphonia: DotNW are part of the clearance, and to pick up Red Dead Redemption, and two Wii Motion Plus add-ons.

I trust those that see this don't go down there now to clean out what I plan on getting *crosses fingers*

Last edited by a moderator:
Just got back from the Red Deer location they were just going through the stock so no one has picked it over. I had to just decide to stop looking because their are too many games discounted.

I got GOW III new $7
POP:FS $7 used
Castlevania:LOS $20 used
Medal of Honor $10 used
PGR4 $10 used

Yes I know PGR4 for $10 is not amazing, but it is the best price I have seen for awhile.
Way too many games to list, if you live in Red Deer, go ASAP.

Thanks for the heads up OP.

I hit the oak + 15th RP at around 3 yesterday and it was PICKED CLEAN. Only thing left was a nunchuk for $6.xx and some ipod cases.

[quote name='VetraX']73 replies here in this thread. The one over at RFD has over 73 pages *sigh* if I'm ever lucky enough to stumble upon a deal worth sharing, bet your ass I'm posting here and only here.[/QUOTE]

They're animals over there. And they are up to 77 pages now. But a lot of those posts are people asking if someone else saw them, or discussing the employees, or idle chit-chat among themselves.

Still animals though.

Alright, to confirm a few things from my previous post. Silent Hill: Shattered Memories, not on sale. Tales of Symphonia: DotNW, not on sale.

The 52nd St N.E. location in Calgary doesn't have Dead Rising on the Wii, or any more Wii peripherals. They have the Wii systems for $150.

I think I'm done, and satisfied with this sale. If I got anything else, I'd only be getting it for the sake of getting it at that price - and not because I really wanted it. I'm also glad I don't live in Ontario or British Columbia :D although Calgary is beginning to get worse...

Thanks OP for the heads up, and thanks to anyone else who provided information. Good luck to everyone ~ it's a mad world.

Well either my store (Kamloops, BC) isn't really having a sale or they're cleaned out. They only had one 75% off clearance bin with multiple copies of 360 & PS3 games. FFXIII, Metro 2033, Transformers: War for Cybertron, UFC Unleashed 2010 and a couple other titles. I did pick up the Transformers game for $7.50 which was nice other than it didn't come with a manual ( :bomb: ) unfortunately if I ever wanted to trade it in. There was absolutely no accessories or anything for any gaming systems except a couple PSN network $$ cards.

[quote name='VetraX']73 replies here in this thread. The one over at RFD has over 73 pages *sigh* if I'm ever lucky enough to stumble upon a deal worth sharing, bet your ass I'm posting here and only here.

Anyways I picked up SMG2, because let's face it, it's never gonna go for $29.99 regular.

I didn't see any systems.

These games I've asked for, and didn't count towards the clearance sale: Gran Turismo 5, Undead Nightmare, Enslaved: Odyssey to the West, Vanquish, Donkey Kong Country Returns, Kirby's Epic Yarn, and SURPRISE SURPRISE Super Paper Mario =| a game that never seems to go on sale. fucker.

I'm going back in half an hour to check whether Silent Hill: Shattered Memories and Tales of Symphonia: DotNW are part of the clearance, and to pick up Red Dead Redemption, and two Wii Motion Plus add-ons.

I trust those that see this don't go down there now to clean out what I plan on getting *crosses fingers*[/QUOTE]

Strange.. I saw enslaved on sale when I went to rogers this morning. Also Naruto ultimate ninja storm 2 was on the list, though some employees say otherwise

[quote name='LtKetch']Just got back from the Red Deer location they were just going through the stock so no one has picked it over. I had to just decide to stop looking because their are too many games discounted.

I got GOW III new $7
POP:FS $7 used
Castlevania:LOS $20 used
Medal of Honor $10 used
PGR4 $10 used

Yes I know PGR4 for $10 is not amazing, but it is the best price I have seen for awhile.
Way too many games to list, if you live in Red Deer, go ASAP.

Thanks for the heads up OP.[/QUOTE]

Too bad they didn't have any 12-month Live + Messenger kits over there; 12 months + headset + keyboard pad + PGR4 for $20 is nuts.

Any Brampton Wii owners looking for Excitebots (with wheel) should hit the local RP. Had to stop by for other reasons, and that was probably the best thing I saw remaining. Not spectacular, but worth the sale price.

Went to some richmond (in bc) stores today, one store still has white knight chronicles, dante inferno, sins & punishment, metroid M etc...

Some of them were stickered, white knights chronicle wasn't, I asked for the list but nothing stood out in the 75% off list and they couldn't find the 50% off list, I didn't know exactly how much white knight chronicles was going for so I left it.. The employee told me the store is pretty much picked clean.

The other story had crappy selection... nothing worth noting

Wow it seems like every store got cleaned out pretty quick. Was hoping to get at least A points card or subscription but no such luck. Will have to go in tomorrow and see if there are any games left. Anybody think they'll get restocked at all? I know it's a clearance sale, but it makes sense that not every points card or system is currently at a location, there must be some at the warehouse that they'll be sending out to get rid of.

So, how long is this "sale" anyway? I saw the lists at RFD and there's nothing on them that I'd would be running out to buy. I'm just angling for a 1-in-a-million chance that I could land a Wii console at Rogers.

I was just at the Moncton RP and found out they are only doing select used games at 75% off.

He didn't know what games yet but will tomorrow. I scanned a few and the only one that was on sale was Metro 2033 which I picked up for $7.50.

The supervisor did mention that new games/points cards were on sale but were already sold. Guess who bought them? The employees. He thought it was funny that the employees plus him bought everything. It's because they know the prices before customers do, thats what he told me.

They're bumping a lot of the games under $40 back up to MSRP of $69 or $59. I saw them relabeling stacks of games.
So if an old game was $19.99. It'd be $19.99 -> $59.99 x 75% discount = $14.99.

Went out to have a look at the Davie street location in downtown Vancouver. Still not too bad a selection of games. Picked up Red Dead Redemption (360) for $30. It's pretty much the only other game I wanted, so I'm happy :). I asked about points cards, but the guy even checked in the back for me and they're all sold out now :(.

I managed to nab Red Dead for 30. The guy didn't even have the prices out for the sale and looked like I was about the 5,000th person he spoke to today.

Rogers on Arbutus vehemently denied any sale. Anyone know if there are points cards left in Van?

I called up the Only Rogers here in Halifax ( Sackville ) as the Spryfield and Bedford Place is closed down and they said they had alot of calls on it and that he heard the only place doing it was in Moncton as well but said for me to call in the morning to talk to the Manager to find out what's what.

if that location doesn't do it then that's gonna be the biggest let down ever.

[quote name='Mattius_Carl']Wow it seems like every store got cleaned out pretty quick. Was hoping to get at least A points card or subscription but no such luck. Will have to go in tomorrow and see if there are any games left. Anybody think they'll get restocked at all? I know it's a clearance sale, but it makes sense that not every points card or system is currently at a location, there must be some at the warehouse that they'll be sending out to get rid of.[/QUOTE]

I was told the sale lasts until December 24 and that they might be getting new stock in. I highly doubt they will though because from reading a lot of the comments here and from what I was told at my store, a lot of stock was actually sent back right before the sale started.

Makes me wonder if they aren't going to sell new games anymore and just go used or if they will restock all the stores after the sale ends.

score big time, 360 console for 60 bucks, battery packs for $5, madden 11 for $10 and a few ps3 games, dantes inferno (heard its good, can't wait to play it) and bioshock 2, how can you pass that up for the price, xmas was early for me :)

store was wayyyyyy outside GTA :)
toronto was picked clean apparently in the first day, although most of the good stuff was taken by employees and I don't blame them.

[quote name='nb85']score big time, 360 console for 60 bucks, battery packs for $5, madden 11 for $10 and a few ps3 games, dantes inferno (heard its good, can't wait to play it) and bioshock 2, how can you pass that up for the price, xmas was early for me :)

store was wayyyyyy outside GTA :)
toronto was picked clean apparently in the first day, although most of the good stuff was taken by employees and I don't blame them.[/QUOTE]

Awesome, these console prices are insane. If I could find one I would pick up one of the 250GB 360's for $75 just for the harddrive (as the official 250GB HD is $170 to begin with) and give the system to a friend, who has an astonishing 3 RROD 360's!, as a Christmas gift.

On another note, can anyone confirm or deny the status of Vanquish? I really want the game, but not so much for $60. I am reading conflicting reports here and on RFD. Some are saying they got it for 50% off, while others are saying it is not a part of the sale. I could not find it in the lists that are floating around, so I assume that it is not actually on sale and people are trolling, but my hope remains high.

[quote name='nb85']although most of the good stuff was taken by employees and I don't blame them.[/QUOTE]
Screwing over customers? I'd blame them for that.

Oromocto has a lot of copies of UFC 2010 and MAdden 11 for both consoles left. $10 used. No systems, the large female clerk in Oromocto was bragging about how she got a PS3 and 360 for $160 taxes in, and has spent her entire paycheck on games.

Fredericton doesn't have much either, lots of UFC's still. Couple NSMB's left as well.

[quote name='JamesSoprano']I called up the Only Rogers here in Halifax ( Sackville ) as the Spryfield and Bedford Place is closed down and they said they had alot of calls on it and that he heard the only place doing it was in Moncton as well but said for me to call in the morning to talk to the Manager to find out what's what.

if that location doesn't do it then that's gonna be the biggest let down ever.[/QUOTE]

I have a feeling that my cousin (and those trade in dollars) is the only thing keeping that store alive.

Then again I don't think the one on South Shore is going on sale either, last time I checked I thought they carried games and all that other junk.

bread's done
Back