Rogers Plus Massive Clearance Sale

Lone_Prodigy

CAGiversary!
Feedback
32 (100%)
50-75% off new games and such.

PS3 $90
God of War III $7.50 new
MOH for xbox is $10 used, Madden 11 is $10 used for xbox and ps3, lost planet is $10 used for xbox only
Wii remote with motion+ $12.50
Mario games 50% off
etc.

YMMV, go now because RFD is all over it like white on rice.

[quote name='bumblebee064']Interesting tidbit, thanks. When I was there the staff seemed totally bewildered. Apparently an employee there bought up every console they were selling, they all seemed pretty certain he'd be fired.[/QUOTE]

I doubt it. It was a clearance. Rogers just wants the stuff sold; they don't care who buys it.

[quote name='eday_2010']I doubt it. It was a clearance. Rogers just wants the stuff sold; they don't care who buys it.[/QUOTE]

I was still unhappy when I heard that. I guess that's the hoarder behaviour in its element. I'm fortunate enough to own a PS3 and a Wii, but adding a 360 to complete the trio would've been pretty nice. Oh well, win some and lose some I guess. No point in getting greedy.

Not really video games, but Rogers have Inception today for $16.99 on DVD and $22.99 on BD (combo with DVD and digital). Release date only. I believe the BD is $26.99 at Best Buy and you get $10 back in RewardZone...

At the 333 Bloor location, they still have Skate and Supreme Commander at 75% off and Crackdown 2 and Transformers at 50% off.

One copy of each, so no guarantees.

(all xbox 360)

[quote name='lustyhitter']I've been trying to sell my copy of DJ Hero 2 and the free turntable I got from Future Shop for $60 or for a new copy of Need For Speed: Hot Pursuit that's on sale this week on Ottawa Kijiji and nobody wants it at that price. I think that's a great lowball price. I wonder if the hoarders in this city think they can sell their stuff on the free sites here. I know they are too frugal to pay for eBay. I had it much easier last year; this year it takes days to unload stuff.[/QUOTE]

Not going to go off on a huge rant or anything, but in my experience there's a ton of morons on Ottawa Kijiji. Only thing easy on there for me is hockey tickets and giveaways/dirt cheap items.

Figured I'd give you guys a heads up. Called most of the stores within a 100km radius of Toronto. Considering the hoarders cleaned out pretty much everything, I was surprised to find one place, that a week later, still has product.

I was looking for Mario games specifically so that is what led me to this location. Had some free time today so I drove all the way out there.

The Stratford location seems to not have been affected by hoarders/games getting shipped back to the warehouse.

I CANNOT confirm/deny if there were any consoles/xlive cards/DS games on sale/controllers etc as I was not looking for these, but feel free to call the store to ask them (CSR was very helpful). There were a fair bit of used games as well (no idea what though), but a good amount.

Some of these only had one copy but others (like SMG2, M:Other M, Lost Planet 2, UFC 2010) had at least 10. I missed a few games due to my crappy camera phone, don't think it was anything major though. This is what I saw:

Wii

Mario Party 8 50%
Metroid: Other M 50%
New Super Mario Bros. Wii 50%
Prince of Persia 50%
Sin and Punishment 2 50%
Spiderman 50%
Super Mario Galaxy 2 50%
Transformers 50%

PS3

ABBA 75%
Alpha Protocol 50%
Bionic Commando 75%
Bayonetta 75%
Bioshock 2 75%
Dante's Inferno 75%
Final Fantasy 13 75%
Green Day Rock Band 50%
Iron Man 50%
Lego Harry Potter 50%
Lost Planet 2 50%
MAG 75%
NHL 09 50%
Prince of Persia 50%
Quantum Theory (not sure %)
Spiderman 50%
Split/Second 50%

50 Cent 75%
Alan Wake 50%
Alpha Protocol 50%
Blur 50%
Brutal Legend 75%
Crackdown 50%
Dante's Inferno 75%
Dark Void 75%
Lost Planet 2 50%
Iron Man 50%
Nier 50%
Prince of Persia 50%
Quantum Theory (not sure %)
Red Dead Redemption 50%
Singularity 50%
Split/Second 50%
Shrek 50%
Splinter Cell Conviction 75%
Transformers 50%
Tekken (6 I think) 75%
Toy Story 3 50%
UFC 2010 50%

Picked up SMG2, NSMBWii, Sin and Punishment 2, and Metroid: Other M for myself. Hope you guys can find what you may have missed out on at other locations.

Up here in Newmarket Ontario, there isn't much left there.

They had about 10 of the original Singstar with the 2 Mics for PS3 75% off, which is around $10. I saw Mafia II for both systems 50% off, so $30.

The rest of the games were still there because even at 50% off the Rogers price, it still wasn't a deal.

They have Green Day Rock Band for all systems 50% off of $59.99... However, Best Buy has the game for $29.99 now anyways.

Most PS3 gamers were gone. I saw a small handful of 10 or so Wii games (1 copy of Metroid Other M left) and around 30 360 games were left.

[quote name='bumblebee064']I was still unhappy when I heard that. I guess that's the hoarder behaviour in its element. I'm fortunate enough to own a PS3 and a Wii, but adding a 360 to complete the trio would've been pretty nice. Oh well, win some and lose some I guess. No point in getting greedy.[/QUOTE]

To me, it doesn't make a difference if it was an employee or a generally RFD hoarder who bought a ton of stuff. I actually prefer if it was an employee; it can't be a very pleasant job, plus at least they were at work. I don't know how these hoarders manage to not be at work whenever they need to ransack a store, nor where they get the money to do so.

I came away empty handed from this sale too. I wanted a couple of MS Points cards, but they were hoarded right away. In any case, if it's not an employee who is going to buy more stuff than he needs, then it will be a dirty RFD hoarder. Either way, some greedy pig will take everything.

[quote name='eday_2010']To me, it doesn't make a difference if it was an employee or a generally RFD hoarder who bought a ton of stuff. I actually prefer if it was an employee; it can't be a very pleasant job, plus at least they were at work. I don't know how these hoarders manage to not be at work whenever they need to ransack a store, nor where they get the money to do so.

I came away empty handed from this sale too. I wanted a couple of MS Points cards, but they were hoarded right away. In any case, if it's not an employee who is going to buy more stuff than he needs, then it will be a dirty RFD hoarder. Either way, some greedy pig will take everything.[/QUOTE]

My theory is that these people do this kind of thing AS their job. When you're paying $10-20 per game and then turning around and flipping them for $50, that's quite the profit margin. If you're good at it, you could probably see a return on your initial investment rather quickly.

Just fyi for anyone in the Fredericton/Oromocto area, just came out of the Oromocto store and they still have lots of stock on used PS3 games. Still have Madden/UFC/Guitar Hero etc.

[quote name='eday_2010']To me, it doesn't make a difference if it was an employee or a generally RFD hoarder who bought a ton of stuff. I actually prefer if it was an employee; it can't be a very pleasant job, plus at least they were at work. I don't know how these hoarders manage to not be at work whenever they need to ransack a store, nor where they get the money to do so.

I came away empty handed from this sale too. I wanted a couple of MS Points cards, but they were hoarded right away. In any case, if it's not an employee who is going to buy more stuff than he needs, then it will be a dirty RFD hoarder. Either way, some greedy pig will take everything.[/QUOTE]

I think it also depends on "EmployeeS vs AN employee". Average store's going to have what, maybe 5 consoles on hand for sale. If each is bought by a different employee I have no issue with that, if one guys snaps them all up on day one and goes right to craigslist, that's crap.

[quote name='djsaiyan']My theory is that these people do this kind of thing AS their job. When you're paying $10-20 per game and then turning around and flipping them for $50, that's quite the profit margin. If you're good at it, you could probably see a return on your initial investment rather quickly.[/QUOTE]

How easy it is for them to unload $1000 worth of clearance stuff though? One guy on Kijiji Ottawa doesn't seem to have sold anything from his 2 pages worth of listings yet.

[quote name='Pavel6969']Just fyi for anyone in the Fredericton/Oromocto area, just came out of the Oromocto store and they still have lots of stock on used PS3 games. Still have Madden/UFC/Guitar Hero etc.[/QUOTE]

The guitar hero you speak of, was that the instrument bundle or just the disc itself? If its the full band set then I've gotta get over there.

[quote name='eday_2010']One guy on Kijiji Ottawa doesn't seem to have sold anything from his 2 pages worth of listings yet.[/QUOTE]

Good.

[quote name='Zoodux']The guitar hero you speak of, was that the instrument bundle or just the disc itself? If its the full band set then I've gotta get over there.[/QUOTE]

They did have the full bundle left there, but I'm not sure the price on them I didn't check.

[quote name='eday_2010']How easy it is for them to unload $1000 worth of clearance stuff though? One guy on Kijiji Ottawa doesn't seem to have sold anything from his 2 pages worth of listings yet.[/QUOTE]

The irony to all of this is that these hoarders will discover that people's interest in these deals were solely based on the deep discount. Who's going to buy brand new hardware from kijiji for nearly full price?

It will be humorous to see these hoarders struggle to sell the same stuff Rogers wanted to clear out. My guess is they'll have to discount it themselves to move it.

[quote name='gleo']The irony to all of this is that these hoarders will discover that people's interest in these deals were solely based on the deep discount. Who's going to buy brand new hardware from kijiji for nearly full price?

It will be humorous to see these hoarders struggle to sell the same stuff Rogers wanted to clear out. My guess is they'll have to discount it themselves to move it.[/QUOTE]

They think they can get what they are asking. For my own amusement, I contact that Kijiji guy. He is asking $15 and $10 for 1400 and 2800 MS Points cards. I told him I would give him $10 and $20 for them, since that is double what he paid for them at Rogers. Needless to say, he didn't reply. :lol:

[quote name='eday_2010']How easy it is for them to unload $1000 worth of clearance stuff though? One guy on Kijiji Ottawa doesn't seem to have sold anything from his 2 pages worth of listings yet.[/QUOTE]

That guy seems to suck at it. At that close to retail price he's going to have trouble moving stuff. That's what happens when you get greedy.

[quote name='eday_2010']They think they can get what they are asking. For my own amusement, I contact that Kijiji guy. He is asking $15 and $10 for 1400 and 2800 MS Points cards. I told him I would give him $10 and $20 for them, since that is double what he paid for them at Rogers. Needless to say, he didn't reply. :lol:[/QUOTE]

I'm thinking points cards are the one thing you could probably move. The other stuff though? Even 10% off probably wouldn't convince me to buy a system or hardware from somewhere I couldn't return it.

IMHO the game discounts were good, but nothing worthy of crawling the city in search of them. The hardware discounts were exceptional but there was probably so little stock you're likely looking at maybe a few dozen people across Canada that were able to take advantage.

Those points cards really burn me though. I (and many others) would have loved to snag one of those 2800s for $10.

XBL Point Cards are not easy to move. I was offering a 2800 points card that I bought at a Loblaws HST sale that I did not need for $30 and it took two weeks to sell. People don't seem to trust anybody selling them at lowball prices.

Don't bother with the GTA on this deal as its been hoarded out the first day. When I got there, a dude was on the phone talking loudly to his buddy on the other line. He told him which games were on sale and his buddy probably told him whether to get it or not based on its trade in value. The guy left the store with about 12 games. Talked with a rogers employee who said most of it was gone in the morning.

okay so just to make things clear, i was at rogers plus the other day and there was a rack and at the top it said 9.99. i saw games like halo reach, drakes uncharted 2, and gow III. Now my question is could i really buy a game like halo reach used for 9.99? i remember seeing a sticker on it that said 39.99.

[quote name='Synikall']okay so just to make things clear, i was at rogers plus the other day and there was a rack and at the top it said 9.99. i saw games like halo reach, drakes uncharted 2, and gow III. Now my question is could i really buy a game like halo reach used for 9.99? i remember seeing a sticker on it that said 39.99.[/QUOTE]

I don't know about the others, but GOW3 was definitely 9.99. For a new copy, anyways, if Reach was tagged at 39 it probably wasn't reduced.

Managed to snag a used copy of Madden 11 (PS3) for $10 just yesterday. Every now and then I stroll into a Rogers and there still seems to be decent stuff to be had, IMO.

[quote name='gleo']I'm thinking points cards are the one thing you could probably move. The other stuff though? Even 10% off probably wouldn't convince me to buy a system or hardware from somewhere I couldn't return it.

IMHO the game discounts were good, but nothing worthy of crawling the city in search of them. The hardware discounts were exceptional but there was probably so little stock you're likely looking at maybe a few dozen people across Canada that were able to take advantage.

Those points cards really burn me though. I (and many others) would have loved to snag one of those 2800s for $10.[/QUOTE]

the way he listed them (as "Xbox live cards"), people may not even see them. $30 is still a good deal for a 2800 Point card, but not when I know he paid $10 for them. Then I would rather pay retail.

[quote name='lustyhitter']XBL Point Cards are not easy to move. I was offering a 2800 points card that I bought at a Loblaws HST sale that I did not need for $30 and it took two weeks to sell. People don't seem to trust anybody selling them at lowball prices.[/QUOTE]

Had I seen that, I would have purchased it from you. Points always come in handy.

[quote name='afterburn999']Are used games on sale ? I thought it was only the new stuff that they cleared out, cause my rogers has 0 new game products now.[/QUOTE]

I picked up a used game that was 75% off. Well, it was "pre-played", not sure if that is treated different than a used (trade-in) game. Not all used games were in the sale though ... only a select few.

[quote name='afterburn999']Are used games on sale ? I thought it was only the new stuff that they cleared out, cause my rogers has 0 new game products now.[/QUOTE]

There's a handful of used ones, but no real rhyme or reason to which ones, to point where some titles are one sale for one platform and not another.

I picked up Mario Kart for the WII(with steering wheel) for $30. They had lots of copies of Lost PLanet 2 for PS3 and 360 for $20.00 The points cards were not on sale. Also saw a new Black Wii for 150.00. Lots of choices still. (I'm in Alberta)

I was told it depends on the store. In Winnipeg one store wasn't discounting any used games, while at another I picked up Medal of Honor, Lost Planet 2, Transformers WFC, and Final Fantasy 13 used for 75% off.

[quote name='Aquablak']I was told it depends on the store. In Winnipeg one store wasn't discounting any used games, while at another I picked up Medal of Honor, Lost Planet 2, Transformers WFC, and Final Fantasy 13 used for 75% off.[/QUOTE]

yeah the one on grant wasn't discounting any games. to save me some trouble, is there any rogers that is still selling discounted games? if so which ones and what games?

[quote name='Synikall']yeah the one on grant wasn't discounting any games. to save me some trouble, is there any rogers that is still selling discounted games? if so which ones and what games?[/QUOTE]

The one on McLeod has used games on discount. I picked up the last copy of Medal of Honor, but there was also several copies of:

Transformers: War for Cybertron - $7.50
Lost Planet 2 - $7.50
Metro 2033 -$7.50 (only one copy left).

There were more, but I can't remember the others.

I went to the Davie/Jervis location yesterday and managed to find a DSi for 75% off. Came to 42.00 with tax which is sweet since I've wanted one for quite a while. There was one left (light blue) for the same price and a PS3 bioshock 2 SE for 109 with 75% off. Other than that... nada really. $2 for 25 Blurays 19.99 or less.

Now I just need some decent DS games. Hoping for decent prices on Zelda and/or Chinatown Wars

bread's done
Back