Rogers Video 2/$40 on PPV Games December.9-15 YMMV

magiic

CAGiversary!
Feedback
144 (100%)
Another sale has started. Or it has at mine anyways. It runs from December.9 until December.15
It is valid on all used games at Rogers Video across all platforms. Most Rogers Video stores seem to pull new games on Wednesday which means that new stuff will be available on Wednesday.

Everyone post your finds here so you can trade with other Canadian CAG's :)

If this is not already on RFD please don't post it there.

Went to the Kanata Centrum location and picked up..

Xbox 360
The Simpons Game
Tiger Woods 2008

Which is good enough for me, seemingly being the only one on here who only buys two games. :lol:

They also had Timeshift, Jericho, VF5, Eragon, TMNT, CoD2, Stranglehold, PGR4, NHL 08, MotoGP 07, Beautiful Katamari, Bioshock, Super Paper Mario, and some other Wii compilation games.

[quote name='Magik_Tek']Anybody find anything in the GTA? Last 2/40 deal I couldn't find anything.[/quote]
You can thank RFD for that.

Nothing at the Oakville store. Pure piss. Two PS3 sports games, a handful of cheap, old 360 titles, and I didn't even bother looking closely at last gen crap. I hate this Rogers, you guys are so lucky that you are getting these finds. I have to walk there, and it's almost always a disappointment.

Needs:

Orange Box
Conan
Simpsons
Eternal Sonata

PS3

Ninja Gaiden

Wii

Mario and Sonic
Zack and Wiki

LMK, and I'll pay ya for em.

I went to 4 locations in Saskatoon today and they all had mediocre picks.
A bunch of older 360 games, some had a couple ps3 games. i just dont think they have pulled anything previous to this sale.

Im going to do my rounds on Thursday. I am looking for a few games like smackdown 2k8 4 ps3 or 360 and SMG for when i get my wii back from wiipairs.
I heard smackdown should be a good bet for pulls this week. Maybe SMG if your store has too many copys.

I picked up PGR4 and Rachet and Clank:TOD (ps3) at Diefenbaker.
They had a bunch of other games there like Simpsons game(wii) Manhunt (wii)
there was also another rachet and clank sitting there that i almost grabbed instead of pgr4 since i thought i could grab for others, then i checked my bank account and i can only buy 2 more games so i gotta wait for the pulls :roll:

northofamerica

got AC6 and VF5online for 360, gonna go out tomorrow look for some more games for me, and wednesday for their restock to look for some games for my brother.

One of my stores was incredibly lacking brains in their staff, this is almost a 100% accurate phone conversation with them:

Rog: Rogers video ______ speaking, can i help you?
Jn: Hello _____ how are you?
Rog: good thanks
Jn: good to hear, i was inquiring if you were having a previous played game sale at this location
Rog: Im not sure, let me check, why yes we are, its 2 for 30!
Jn: 2 for 30? oh thats weird usually its 2 for 40
Rog: yeah it is a little weird but thats what it says on the signs
Jn: thanks, your selections is usually good I will come in, are you sure its 2 for 30?
Rog: Yes i'm lookign right at the sign, it says 2 for 30
Jn: thanks so much, see you in a bit

than when i got in the store sure as shit, its 2 for 40

so i ask _______ why she changed the prices

"I thought the 4 was a 3, OPPSIE!"

OPPSIE DAISEY SHE MAKEY A MISTAKEY! get my hopes up!

Anyways, guelph edinburough rogers has the best selection, manhunt 2, ea playground, trauma centre, mario party (wii) oblivion (ps3) time shi_f_t (heh), pgr4, tiger 08, halo3, 2x ac6, party animals, spiderman FOF, and VF5 x1

best selection out of the 3 is edin for sure, Eramosa always has xbox1 and ps2 titles, the good titles are taken by employees who admit it to me and make me jealous, and Silvercreek never has ps3 games, literally, they dont get enough in the firstp lace to pull them.

Heads up is better than nothing.

[quote name='JnJosh']got AC6 and VF5online for 360, gonna go out tomorrow look for some more games for me, and wednesday for their restock to look for some games for my brother.

One of my stores was incredibly lacking brains in their staff, this is almost a 100% accurate phone conversation with them:

Rog: Rogers video ______ speaking, can i help you?
Jn: Hello _____ how are you?
Rog: good thanks
Jn: good to hear, i was inquiring if you were having a previous played game sale at this location
Rog: Im not sure, let me check, why yes we are, its 2 for 30!
Jn: 2 for 30? oh thats weird usually its 2 for 40
Rog: yeah it is a little weird but thats what it says on the signs
Jn: thanks, your selections is usually good I will come in, are you sure its 2 for 30?
Rog: Yes i'm lookign right at the sign, it says 2 for 30
Jn: thanks so much, see you in a bit

than when i got in the store sure as shit, its 2 for 40

so i ask _______ why she changed the prices

"I thought the 4 was a 3, OPPSIE!"

OPPSIE DAISEY SHE MAKEY A MISTAKEY! get my hopes up!

Anyways, guelph edinburough rogers has the best selection, manhunt 2, ea playground, trauma centre, mario party (wii) oblivion (ps3) time shi_f_t (heh), pgr4, tiger 08, halo3, 2x ac6, party animals, spiderman FOF, and VF5 x1

best selection out of the 3 is edin for sure, Eramosa always has xbox1 and ps2 titles, the good titles are taken by employees who admit it to me and make me jealous, and Silvercreek never has ps3 games, literally, they dont get enough in the firstp lace to pull them.

Heads up is better than nothing.[/QUOTE]
roflmao, idiots.

[quote name='JnJosh']got AC6 and VF5online for 360, gonna go out tomorrow look for some more games for me, and wednesday for their restock to look for some games for my brother.

One of my stores was incredibly lacking brains in their staff, this is almost a 100% accurate phone conversation with them:[/quote]

lol, just as a precaution, every time I call, I start by asking "do you sell any used games?" :)

[quote name='Faytz']I wonder if The Fire Emblem game for wii is available for this sale too :p[/quote]

Yup, I def saw it in at least one location.

[quote name='Lone_Prodigy']lol, just as a precaution, every time I call, I start by asking "do you sell any used games?" :)[/quote]

Dude, why didn't I think of that. Advice noted.

got naruto, eternal sonata, Metroid 3 and mario strikers today

naruto was brand new, literally still wrapped under the wrap :D and eternal sonata didn't have the ring on the disc but the booklet has a crimple in it, the wii games were flawless w/ no ring stickers

College Square had 2 Metriod Prime 3s. Meadowlands & Merivale, Richmond Rd., and Carling Ave in Ottawa have nothing.

Anybody in Ottawa want to trade a MP3 (fine shape+manual) for Lego Star Wars or Harry Potter for the Wii?

This is the best deal going, and it is good for Rogers too. Include rental revenues and Rogers make a killing off of these by the time the games are sold to us.

Im guessing west.

The rogers video at royal york and bloor has NOTHING.

Though on monday they had Mario Party 8 and Strikers charged. Which I snatched up because I've been looking to get those for a while. I had to remind the guy rining up my order that 2 for 40m was even on. Its ridiculous.

Looking for:

VF5 - 360
Kane and Lynch - 360
Untold Legends Dark Kingdom - PS#

If no RV markings or anything on em.

i went to the Lawson RV in Saskatoon around 9pm and the woman there was shrink wrapping ppv games behind the counter, tons of stuff... could only afford 2.

I grabbed Uncharted:Drakes fortune no stickers or markings and Smackdown vs Raw 08 void sticker only, both for ps3...which i saw a couple of copies of each in the stack.
Someone had all the halo3's on hold. There was one more in the stack for the shelves tomorrow. I didnt see any smackdown vs raw for 360, there was about 2 Kane and lynch for ps3, 4 copys of lair, 3 timeshifts, 3 more pgr4's i think there is 2 on the shelf, sof:payback was in there, (think i will pick that up since i rented it and love the gore :) and a bunch more i cant recall

no assasins creed's, no orange box, Didnt see any Mario games for wii. i didnt look at too much, just grabbed those since they let them check the stack out.

sooo many good titles for the grabbing and im broke. oh well. maybe i will try selling something lol

Good luck tomorrow/today everyone

northofamerica

Over on RFD someone posted that they're going to have a 2/30 on Boxing Day, followed by another member posting that they had asked an employee at their Rogers and the employee had said the same. I might try and call in if I get the time today.

11 most stores yes.

one of mine tried to tell me that they dont restock until after boxing day, i said that sounds like there will be a deal around then and the guy literally laughed like a school girl from a japanese anime. "TEEHEE MAYBE"

go team!

Nothing new at the Kanata Centrum location. In fact, it looks like they've been completely cleaned out in terms of next gen games since I went on Monday. They had Two Worlds, Beautiful Katamari, and Call of Duty 2. Everything else was $14.99 or $9.99 or last gen.

:(

Risk a buying from poor selection just to save $5/game? Be my guest, but I will have cleaned out the good stuff in Calgary way before these titles hit 2for30.

:D

Dropped by Lougheed Rogers, NOTHING as usual.

Went to the one in West Min. Picked up Bioshock and Halo 3. =)

No stickers or ugly markings on them either!

Although I'm tempted, I don't think I'm keeping either one. I need a new DS, and EB has that trade in, get one for 99 thing going on...

Stupid exams has to be during the rogers sales week :bomb:

Anyone see fire emblem for wii and can pick up a copy I'm willing to pay
30 dollars for it, preferably in GVA area.

nothing groundbreaking since 1 of the 2 games wasn;t even more than 20$

but I got tales of the abyss (ps2) and trauma center new blood (wii) on hold for me.

So I'm happy on my score from this one.

also according to my location super mario galaxy cannot be pulled yet period. (scratch that the manager was outright lying to my face you CAN get galaxy if you are lucky)

I will happily blow the budget if AC and Orange Box are in the refreshed titles, but I ain't holding my breath (and I already spent too much).

[quote name='Phorty Ounce']Before I pick it up, is The Simpsons Game worth the $20 I will be spending?[/quote]

Yes, if you are a fan of the Simpsons it is very good.

You should also get Hit and Run, that game was great!

bread's done
Back