Rogers Video 2/$40 Remembrance Day Long Weekend (2008)

magiic

CAGiversary!
Feedback
144 (100%)
That's right boys and girls. Long weekend coming up that means another amazing PPV game sale at Rogers Video. Keep tabs on your local Rogers and see what you can score this coming weekend!

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow, when I drop $80 for 4 games I still feel that's a lot (mind you I'm paying $10 000 per year of university....and I don't live on residence...and I'm not an international student). But I guess it's worth it so long as you play your cards right and get games that you want for a good price, or are able to recoup (sp?) your expenses with good trade-in values.

Thanks for the heads up! My Rogers FINALLY did pulls for games (they didn't do any during the last promo in November), so I'll be sure to hover around keep an eye out.

Keep us posted ;)

Broken link Firestorm.

I usually only buy during 2/30. I end up trading most of them in for DS Lites then reselling them or using them as gifts.

I called my rogers today and I was actually rather appauld at the way they talked to me. I got "no we are not and are never doing these sales", when I corrected them they demanded to know who I am and who told me about the sale. They are just lucky they have a sale I can't go without.

and for the sake of things I'm only 18, but a very high paying job so I like to think I'm lucky.

Christ, and I feel spending $40 is good enough. The only time I'd go higher would be buying four games during the 2/$30 sale.

[quote name='Firestorm']Even when I spend $80 - $160 about 80% of it is for friends =o
Oh and if any of you picked up an EA Sports or PS3 title during one of these sales, enter the contest at www.rogers.com/nhlpromo[/quote]

if you are a Star Rewards member you get entered automatically :)

also to anyone in future sales, Rogers gives you a free new release movie rental when you buy a $40 giftcard. So a good solid plan is to buy a $40 gift card (or a few in my case:p ) and use them to buy the games. You would of spent the money anyways and now you get a free rental out of it valued at $4.49 + tax

[quote name='magiic']I'm 17. I'm good with money :)[/quote]
wow were the same age!
hm do you work? Or are you attending school/university?

[quote name='gamer602']wow were the same age!
hm do you work? Or are you attending school/university?[/quote]

My guess is he probably doesn't own a car. Those things are some of the biggest money pits out there.

I could buy a car but Im leaving for a year when I graduate so I've put it off for now. I am in highschool still (last year). I don't have a real job (just quit my real one) but I do random photography stuff to make money here and there.

Man, I feel like a hobo compared to you guys, lol. I'm 20, but haven't worked since I was 17. School took priority over work. But this summer, I'll work, and save up money instead of summer classes. In the meantime I have plenty of EB credit for my gaming needs, so it's all right.

Nice spotting of that deal Magiic, I'm going to call in later today, I'll use my investigation voice "word on the street is you guys are havin a PPG sale soon, I'd like the details"

Kind of embarassing when the store knows me by voice now, along with blockbuster and ebgames.

I am an old fart. Time consuming job and awesome family means I have less time to play than I would like. Last year I bought tons of games I could not ever play. This year I am being disciplined.

All these 5-12 hour games are perfect for me.

bah i feel so old, i'm 20 and work roughly 30hrs a week, live at home, free bus pass, no car, finished school and i pretty much live off ONLY my tips from work

[quote name='scary perry']I am an old fart. Time consuming job and awesome family means I have less time to play than I would like. Last year I bought tons of games I could not ever play. This year I am being disciplined.

All these 5-12 hour games are perfect for me.[/quote]

You're whipped aren't you. ;)

19, live at home, only work during winter/summer at the moment. Parents paying for 50% of my education at the moment but I plan to pay them back.

[quote name='Lone_Prodigy']You're whipped aren't you. ;)[/quote]

Maybe, but I put 20 hours into ME over the weekend. Finished CoD4 and Uncharted last weekend and Ratchet the weekend before that. And I am about 75% of the way through AC. Maybe I have more time than I thought. :D

But the gravy train is going to run out of track soon I think. In the summer I would ride my bike this much and I don't get heat for that.

I bought an indoor trainer and I might start aerobic base workouts while I play.

[quote name='maigoyume']bah i feel so old, i'm 20 and work roughly 30hrs a week, live at home, free bus pass, no car, finished school and i pretty much live off ONLY my tips from work[/quote]

LOL I am almost twice your age!

My advice: Enjoy the next 2-3 years. Travel. Have lots of intense short term relationships and take enough time to know for sure what you want to be/do.

And by lots I mean LOTS AND LOTS. Just don't catch anything.

[quote name='scary perry']LOL I am almost twice your age!

My advice: Enjoy the next 2-3 years. Travel. Have lots of intense short term relationships and take enough time to know for sure what you want to be/do.

And by lots I mean LOTS AND LOTS. Just don't catch anything.[/quote]haha this is getting waaaaay OT, but i'll humour you ;)

i'm planning to start my chef apprentice in the next month or so at Fairmont Hotel Vancouver, so no matter what i'm going to be locked down for a min of 2 yrs, after that i'm planning to use the hotel itself to transfer to diff countries thereby covering my travel AND accomodations at the same time, not interested in relationships right now, need to build up my culinary repertoire

That is very cool!

Hey did anyone find out whether this deal was back on yesterday? I pop into a couple of stores here in Calgary today at lunch.

[quote name='scary perry']That is very cool!

Hey did anyone find out whether this deal was back on yesterday? I pop into a couple of stores here in Calgary today at lunch.[/quote]

wasn't on at mine. But really think about it. It doesnt make much sense to be on for one day in the middle of the week. Good chance at one this weekend though. That atleast seems credible.

1 RV in Hamilton, Upper Paridise location has the 2 for $40, but it pretty much got cleaned out already. I managed to get Virtua Fighter 5 and nhl08 for 360. Sale just started today.

Rest is all older games, lots of them. Couple of days ago they had a few pgr4 and bioshocks, some others just can't remember.

I guess I'll check out 41st and Victoria and probably phone Surrey Central. Don't want to go all the way out there for no reason.

haha I know people will get pissed off because I bumped this old thread but I had a good laugh when I googled "New Zealand remembrance day long weekend" and this was the first result

I couldn't figure out why everyone was all "I want to try Skate" and picking up Halo 3 and PGR4 for $20... Then I noticed the date. :p

Anyone know of any locations in Durham region doing it? I live in Whitby and haven't seen any deals, one at Rossland/Garden wasn't doing it.

Maybe it will be on Tuesday this year. Perhaps it was a weekend affair last year because it was actually attached to the weekend whereas this year the holiday is orphaned.

Dare you to change the thread topic to say there's a confirmed 2/40 to piss off/annoy lurkers. :D

[quote name='poiuiu']Dare you to change the thread topic to say there's a confirmed 2/40 to piss off/annoy lurkers. :D[/QUOTE]

OH SNAP

I'm holding out for Tuesday. I'm going to talk to my sources at my local (back home) store. See what they have to say.

OMG CONFIRMED! :lol

[quote name='Firestorm']OMG haateeee. On my phone and the iPhone version of the site doesn't show pages! New title tricked me[/quote]

SUCCESS!!! :lol

I wouldn't get your hopes up, I think some holidays have come and gone and no 2/40 for awhile.. (labour day, thanksgiving) They used to happen on every holiday..

bread's done
Back