Rogers Video Trade Ins (Ask Magiic)

Status
Not open for further replies.

magiic

CAGiversary!
Feedback
144 (100%)
I thought I'd make this thread to help field any questions people might have regarding Rogers Videos new Trade-In stuff. It's not fantastic right now but it's a work in progress.

------------------
Current Promo:
New Star Rewards Customers get 20 points on sign-up if they trade in three games on the same transaction. You need a Star Rewards membership ($10 for the year) to trade-in games. Currently when you sign up you get 5 points you will now get an additional 20 points plus any points you'd get for the trade-ins. So at a minimum if you sign up and trade three older titles you'll get 28 points on sign up which is good for $10 off a purchase with 8 points left over or two free rentals with 8 points left behind.

----------------

I'll try and post the current list of higher trade in stuff when Im at work tomorrow. You can post requests here too if you'd like and I can look them up when I am at work. I am pretty sure the values are the same across the whole chain.

Some highlight TIV's I can think of off the top of my head are...

Gears of War - $18.00
Fallout 3 (PS3/360) - $40
New Super Mario Bros - $25
Call of Duty 4 (PS3) - $25

These are as of July.23 @ 5PM PST

Also I think Rockband 2 (360) software only has something stupid like $28 value.

Any questions post here and I will do my best to answer.

Wage is pretty crap. Above minimum wage though. It's a fun place to work. I got a job because I knew the manager and all employees really well from shopping there for so long. I was originally supposed to do Wireless but I got put in games instead.

This thread idea is awesome. Thanks for starting it magiic. I'm almost positive I'll have a few requests/questions for you in the future.

I wonder when neksus will add rogers to tivs.ca?

Anyway, thanks again for using your job's powers for good! I have the feeling this is the beginning of a wonderful thread-lationship!

Hey magiic, if you get downtime you should just print off a list of PS3/Wii games and go hard :razz:
I've got a value from earlier this month (I'm guessing most haven't fluctuated THAT greatly) for all the 360 games from another Rogers' CAGer, but the system is set up in such a way that it makes it a long and tedious task. Anyway, just my two cents!

I'll see if I can come up with an easy for our database software to list of all of our TIV's for one system and print it off.

[quote name='gamer602']Hmm... I currently work for 20% above minimum...does Rogers beat that???

I want the discount on games![/QUOTE]

It probably varies on store but I don't make more than 20% more than minimum wage. Staff discount is 10% on games/movies. No discount on hardware. Not sure about accessories. You get two free rentals out at a time and 50% off of most of the services Rogers offers (wireless, cable, internet etc.)

So how often do you have to work for those perks? When my phone contract is up in two years, I'd seriously consider taking one shift a week at a Rogers store for 50% off wireless.

...sorry for continuing the derail :)

Does Rogers video = Rogers Plus? the website directs me to the same place anyway. Do you know if in regards to the Trade 2 for Madden you can pre order a copy? could i trade in 4 games for 2 copies?

[quote name='magiic']I'll see if I can come up with an easy for our database software to list of all of our TIV's for one system and print it off.[/QUOTE]

Sounds good!

[quote name='DoubleStop']Does Rogers video = Rogers Plus? the website directs me to the same place anyway. Do you know if in regards to the Trade 2 for Madden you can pre order a copy? could i trade in 4 games for 2 copies?[/QUOTE]Yes, not sure, and I think so (although I would recommend doing it on different days).

[quote name='SickBoy']So how often do you have to work for those perks? When my phone contract is up in two years, I'd seriously consider taking one shift a week at a Rogers store for 50% off wireless.

...sorry for continuing the derail :)[/QUOTE]Unless it has changed, only full-time emloyees get 50% off Rogers bills. Part time gets the free rentals though!

[quote name='DoubleStop']Does Rogers video = Rogers Plus? the website directs me to the same place anyway. Do you know if in regards to the Trade 2 for Madden you can pre order a copy? could i trade in 4 games for 2 copies?[/QUOTE]

Out of curiorsity, why do you need two copies of the same game?

Neskus, slightly off topic question, i understand it's ok to call/go to a retailer to obtain TIV value and share with others. But if we get someone who works for the retailer to obtain the information in-house, would that still be legal? don't they have to sign some some sort of non-disclosure agreement with the company?

I don't know how it works but i would hate to see someone got reprimand for the sake of the "hoarders".

Good work with tivs.ca!! Keep it up!!

[quote name='RIPTed']Out of curiorsity, why do you need two copies of the same game?

Neskus, slightly off topic question, i understand it's ok to call/go to a retailer to obtain TIV value and share with others. But if we get someone who works for the retailer to obtain the information in-house, would that still be legal? don't they have to sign some some sort of non-disclosure agreement with the company?

I don't know how it works but i would hate to see someone got reprimand for the sake of the "hoarders".

Good work with tivs.ca!! Keep it up!![/QUOTE]It's not just for the hoarders. In fact, it's not for them at all - they just (ab)use it!

Also, I don't think magiic is going to publicly say to everyone he works with that he's taking all the TIV's and posting them online! They would have to do some research to find out it was him and reprimand him (that's if it is indeed "illegal").

Also, there are many reasons a person would want 2 copies of the same game. A few I can think of: To give as a gift, to sell to a friend (at cost, of course), to collect one (keep it sealed) and play the other, to trade the other copy in for credit at EB/FS/BBV for something else you want, to play system link multiplayer on your dual HDTV/360 setup, to sell on eBay to make fifty cents etc. etc.!

[quote name='dtp11']It's not just for the hoarders. In fact, it's not for them at all - they just (ab)use it!

Also, I don't think magiic is going to publicly say to everyone he works with that he's taking all the TIV's and posting them online! They would have to do some research to find out it was him and reprimand him (that's if it is indeed "illegal").

Also, there are many reasons a person would want 2 copies of the same game. A few I can think of: To give as a gift, to sell to a friend (at cost, of course), to collect one (keep it sealed) and play the other, to trade the other copy in for credit at EB/FS/BBV for something else you want, to play system link multiplayer on your dual HDTV/360 setup, to sell on eBay to make fifty cents etc. etc.![/QUOTE]

haha... For Prototype, i talk to one of the CSR, and they said their store is not getting anymore units as it always get snapped up by the same guy. They cannot reject him of the deal, but that's kind of suck for me cuz i'm still waiting to get a copy of the game. Hopefully, they will replenish before the next deal.

Future Shop has no such non-disclosure clause. Not sure of the other places...either way, all they're doing is looking up a trade in value for me. If they can look up one, they can look up two. If they can look up two, they can look up one more. Induction ftw!

[quote name='nastynas']id like to know the TIVs for kirby canvas curse and mario kart ds plz.

tia.[/QUOTE]

Mario Kart is $13.75 (unfortunately it was $30 about a week ago), Kirby Canvas Curse is $3.75

[quote name='Norieaga']Can you clarify the deals you guys are having on used games on the 26th?[/QUOTE]

I work 4 until midnight tomorrow. I will look at our internal notice site and see what I can print off as far the as new deals go.

I also found an easy way to print TIV's out so I will try and print out PS3/Wii/360 tomorrow depending how much paper it will use.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back