Rogers Video's 2 for $40: Location & Stock

tigerhawk33

CAGiversary!
Hi there. I decided that this would be a good time to start a new thread. The other thread was alright, but I wanted to show what I've seen and which location(s) that I've been too. The main point of this new thread is to help out each other here at CAG by telling each other what stores have what, or which stores to avoid.

Anyway, I've only been to the Kipling & Dixon Rd. RV here in Toronto so far, and here's what they have:

PS3 (only 2 titles):
Pirates of the Carribean: At World's End
Motorstorm

Xbox360:
Eragon
Quake4 (no box)
Viva Pinata
Cabela's Big Hunt
Project Gotham Racing 4 (no manual)
Tony Hawk's Project 8
Surf's Up

Wii:
Godzilla Unleashed
Petz Dogs2
Monkey Ball
Bionicle

Lots of PS2 & Xbox titles. Happy hunting ppl! Please post what you find and which location(s) that you've gone too. Thx!

edit: My brother told me that he went to the Wellesley & Yonge location and they had nothing of interest. There's also one RV East of Yonge on Bloor St. but they only sell new games and don't have any 2 for $40.

[quote name='gamer602']Even thou its a good idea, this is not the right place for it.[/quote]

Oh, why's that dude? Please explain cause I'd like to hear your thoughts.

[quote name='poiuiu']Nintendogs for Wii? o_O[/quote]

Corrected. Thx, I can't remember all the titles. All those pet sims look the same to me. lol

[quote name='tigerhawk33']Oh, why's that dude? Please explain cause I'd like to hear your thoughts.[/quote]

it's because he has OCD

Edit Toronto out. We might as well all use it.

Vancouver
Victoria & 41st: Not doing it

Surrey
Surrey Central: Advance Wars: Days of Ruin, Phoenix Wright 3, Grim Grimoire, Atelir Iris 3, didn't see much of interest but a TON of PS2 games

[quote name='tigerhawk33']Oh, why's that dude? Please explain cause I'd like to hear your thoughts.[/quote]

In a perfect world, this idea will work. In our society this is quite frankly a waste of time unless you're at the right place at the right time. It is EXTREMELY rare to have other CAGS living close to you. Even if they do live close by, chances are by the time they get to a store, all the good games would be gone. Rogers moves a lot of games during these sales.

[quote name='tigerhawk33']Oh, what's OCD mean?[/quote]

[quote name='magiic']obsessive compulsive disorder[/quote]

I thought CAGS are above name calling?
This is one reason why I left RFD

"Xbox360:
Eragon
Quake4 (no box)
Viva Pinata
Cabela's Big Hunt
Tony Hawk's Project 8
Surf's Up"

that kind of sucks, pretty much all of those except PGR4 you can probably get for 20$ or less used from eb anyways

[quote name='gamer602']In a perfect world, this idea will work. In our society this is quite frankly a waste of time unless you're at the right place at the right time. It is EXTREMELY rare to have other CAGS living close to you. Even if they do live close by, chances are by the time they get to a store, all the good games would be gone. Rogers moves a lot of games during these sales.[/quote]

Thx bro for the opinion. Yeah, maybe it's a waste of time for some but I thought I'd help out other CAGers out there to save'm the time and gas money by going to different locations and report what I see. I know that some lurkers might read this too, but I'm only doing this for the benefit for CAGers. Besides, I think the price of the 2/$40 won't stir much attraction for the lurkers/hoarders for them to resale their haul(s). I'll continue to post what I see at different locales and hopefully other CAGers will post what they see or just say thx to me for my efforts. We're a sharing community and that's why I posted here rather than RFD. :applause:

[quote name='Ahoy']hm...never been successful with RV's 2/40, thanks for the heads up and details tho.[/quote]

No problem dude. Just trying to help out my friends here at CAG. Goodluck on finding what you want~! :)

[quote name='dave17']"Xbox360:
Eragon
Quake4 (no box)
Viva Pinata
Cabela's Big Hunt
Tony Hawk's Project 8
Surf's Up"

that kind of sucks, pretty much all of those except PGR4 you can probably get for 20$ or less used from eb anyways[/quote]

Yeah, it isn't much of a find at the Kipling & Dixon location here in Etobicoke, ON. I might go tomorrow afternoon to some other RVs and report what I find. I'll try the ones on the Yonge/Spadina/University line north of Bloor. Thx for reading my thread bro.

[quote name='gamer602']I thought CAGS are above name calling?
This is one reason why I left RFD[/quote]

I didn't mean offensive to you Gamer602. I just didn't know what that abbreviation meant. If your mad about it, just pm the guy and tell him how u feel. I'm sure he was just joking. ;)

Anyways, thx for posting ur reply message from before. If you find anything at any of the RVs you go to I hope you'll share what you find there. Thx and goodluck~!

[quote name='magiic']obsessive compulsive disorder[/quote]

Thx dude. lol Sorry, I'm not too familiar with all these abbreviations that I come across on the 'net. I only found out recently that YMMV stands for 'your mileage may vary' or OOS meant 'out of stock'. lol;)

[quote name='Firestorm']Edit Toronto out. We might as well all use it.

Vancouver
Victoria & 41st: Not doing it

Surrey
Surrey Central: Advance Wars: Days of Ruin, Phoenix Wright 3, Grim Grimoire, Atelir Iris 3, didn't see much of interest but a TON of PS2 games[/quote]

Yeah I took out the Toronto part from the title Firestorm. Thx for the advice. :D I still haven't had time to go out and check some other RVs, but as soon as I head out tomorrow afternoon hopefully I can report back on at least 3 different locales. Cheers y'all~! ;)

[quote name='tigerhawk33']Thx dude. lol Sorry, I'm not too familiar with all these abbreviations that I come across on the 'net. I only found out recently that YMMV stands for 'your mileage may vary' or OOS meant 'out of stock'. lol;)[/quote]

lol, when I first came on here, I had NO idea what OOS meant. In fact, I don't think you even want to know what I thought OOS meant at the time. I remember one post where someone posted "Yeah, but you basically have to get the store to OOS the item to give one to you".

I read "OOS" as "ooze" and...that was not good.

I lucked out and scored big today...

Uncharted :ps3:
Medal of Honor Airborne :ps3:
Devil May Cry 4 :360:
Mario & Sonic at the Olympics :wii:

yesterday I got:

Rayman Raving Rabbids 2 :wii:
Unreal III :ps3:
Orange Box :ps3:
Kane & Lynch :360:

I also found a copy of Fatal Frame III in the clearance bin :)

[quote name='magiic']I lucked out and scored big today...

Uncharted :ps3:
Medal of Honor Airborne :ps3:
Devil May Cry 4 :360:
Mario & Sonic at the Olympics :wii:

yesterday I got:

Rayman Raving Rabbids 2 :wii:
Unreal III :ps3:
Orange Box :ps3:
Kane & Lynch :360:

I also found a copy of Fatal Frame III in the clearance bin :)[/quote]

I swear, the only people who must live in Victoria are my relatives and magiic. :D

Someone beat me to Oak and 15th... they got RE: Umbrella, Mario and Sonic (x2), and Mass Effect. Luckily I got Metroid Prime 3: Corruption and NHL 08 (360) as filler. Selection beyond those two is pretty sparse.

If anyone wants NHL 08, PM me, otherwise I'll see if I can return it in a couple days (hopefully they'll do another pull.)

Now, how to get the blasted Rogers sticker off the manual...

Picked up Super Mario Galaxy and Eternal Sonata at 176th and #10 hwy in Surrey.

They didn't have too good stuff left except a copy of Trauma center: new blood and Kane and lynch for ps3.

Im looking to get some games for the Wii:

• Mario Galaxy
  • Trauma Centre
  • Cooking Mama
  • Metroid
  • Zack and Wiki
  • Rayman 2
If anyone in Vancouver comes across these or have them and are willing to trade, let me know :bouncy:.

[quote name='timple']Im looking to get some games for the Wii:
  • Mario Galaxy
  • Trauma Centre
  • Cooking Mama
  • Metroid
  • Zack and Wiki
  • Rayman 2
If anyone in Vancouver comes across these or have them and are willing to trade, let me know :bouncy:.[/quote]

I have quite a few, what do u have for trade? Im in coquitlam

[quote name='Lone_Prodigy']

Now, how to get the blasted Rogers sticker off the manual...[/quote]

use a hair dryer and peel slowly, any residue should come off with a wetnap and a fingernail.

My local rogers (the one i buy from) only put a non-void sticky type sticker, and if they do, its on the french one!

[quote name='JnJosh']use a hair dryer and peel slowly, any residue should come off with a wetnap and a fingernail.

My local rogers (the one i buy from) only put a non-void sticky type sticker, and if they do, its on the french one![/quote]

Thanks I'll give that a try. The Metroid manual is trilingual!

[quote name='Lone_Prodigy']Thanks I'll give that a try. The Metroid manual is trilingual![/quote]english, french and chinglish? ;)

Today I grabbed:

:360:Eternal Sonata
:ds:Contra 4

They had a bunch of copies of :360:Assassins Creed for the and a copy of :360:Kane and Lynch that I passed up.

If anyone can get:

:wii:Mario and Sonic
:wii:Fire Emblem
:360:Devil May Cry 4
:ps3:Ratchet and Clank
:ps3:Uncharted

Please let me know.

[quote name='Lone_Prodigy']I swear, the only people who must live in Victoria are my relatives and magiic. :D[/quote]

chrisryans lives here too lol
but I dont know too many others
I agree though competition is sparse.
However to my credit the guys at my rogers are so awesome that they didnt even put the signs up until I'd come and grabbed what I wanted.

[quote name='Spiderine']Today I grabbed:

:360:Eternal Sonata
:ds:Contra 4

They had a bunch of copies of :360:Assassins Creed for the and a copy of :360:Kane and Lynch that I passed up.

If anyone can get:

:wii:Mario and Sonic
:wii:Fire Emblem
:360:Devil May Cry 4
:ps3:Ratchet and Clank
:ps3:Uncharted

Please let me know.[/quote]

which location has Kane and Lynch? one location said they might put out Devil May Cry 4 for PV. check your PM

thanks! :)

[quote name='gamer602']I have quite a few, what do u have for trade? Im in coquitlam[/QUOTE]

I have Mario Strikers, Mario Party 8, and Soul Calibur. If you don't need/want any of these, I'll buy them if you're selling.

Just came back from the Albion Rd. location here in Etobicoke, ON. They had a very limited selection:

PS3 (4 titles only):
Beowulf
Pirates of the Carribean: At World's End
F1 Racing (forgot actual title but u get the idea)
Tony Hawk's Project 8
(all of these had no manual)

Xbox360:
NFL Blitz
Virtua Tennis
Spiderman 3 (not original plastic casing)
handful (maybe 7) of other titles that I can't remember (sorry, but none of them were familiar names to me)

Wii:
sorry but no titles

Typical selection of numerous PS2 & Xbox titles. Only ones that stood out were Kessen III and Atelier Iris 3 (both for PS2). It appears that the Wii titles have all been cleared out and several Xbox360 titles (you can tell by the way the games have been shuffled around and empty spaces in between alot of the remaining games). Damn, too late. I'm off to some other places right now. Ciao~!

Went to Clairview location in Edmonton, AB today. Doesn't look like they're doing 2 for 40 there. Nothing good anyway.

West Boulevard and 39th: not doing it.
Arbutus and Broadway: not doing it. They were apparently filming a commercial there though.

One of those two locations has GHIII for Wii. :D

[quote name='maigoyume']I pass by the oak and 16th location on my way to work, i can take a look tomorrow to see if its running[/quote]

I already did:

[quote name='Lone_Prodigy']Someone beat me to Oak and 15th... they got RE: Umbrella, Mario and Sonic (x2), and Mass Effect. Luckily I got Metroid Prime 3: Corruption and NHL 08 (360) as filler. Selection beyond those two is pretty sparse.

If anyone wants NHL 08, PM me, otherwise I'll see if I can return it in a couple days (hopefully they'll do another pull.)

Now, how to get the blasted Rogers sticker off the manual...[/quote]

Georgetown ON was mostly cleaned out of PS3/360 games. There were loads of PS2 and quite a few Wii games though. Happy hunting!

The Victoria and 41st location is now on. They have a very small selection of games. I picked up 2 copies of Mario Galaxy because there weren't any good games. I am willing to trade it for:
- Trauma Centre
- Zack and Wiki
- Resident Evil
or any other same valued games.

Let me know what you got, and if not, I'll sell it off for cost to a member.

Alright, went back to Kanata Centrum today. They kind of re-did their used game shelf and added a bunch of new ones.

Xbox 360
Virtua Fighter 5 Online
Smackdown vs Raw 2008
TimeShift
The Darkness
Shadowrun
Medal of Honor: Airborne
Fatal Inertia

Wii
Tony Hawk's Downhill Jam
Rapala Fishing
Ant Bully