Rogue Ops (PS2/XB) for $4.99 at Fry's B&M...

ManChowder

CAGiversary!
Feedback
91 (100%)
I didn't see this posted anywhere else, sorry if it's already been mentioned.

Fry's has marked down the PS2 and Xbox (and possibly GC)versions of Rogue Ops to $4.99 in store.
It's not the best game(mediocre reviews) but I figured I'd post for those who want to pick it up. I think it will also be this price at TRU once the green tags go to 50% off, but I can't resist a $5 game so I grabbed the xbox version for myself.

edit: This was at the Fry's in Fountain Valley, CA.

The game is only 5 bucks. That is the price of renting a game. For 5 bucks this game is good to play while spending the weekend at Grandma's.

[quote name='Graystone']The game is only 5 bucks. That is the price of renting a game. For 5 bucks this game is good to play while spending the weekend at Grandma's.[/QUOTE]

Grandma doesn't let me play games with girls or violence in it :sad:

[quote name='Epic Wolf']http://www.ebgames.com/ebx/product/235969.asp

Been $6.99 for over 6 months at EB...Was on clearance for $4.99 for awhile too[/QUOTE]

yeah the PS2 version was actually $2.99 new a while back at ebgames.com.

I ordered a copy but promptly traded it due to the crappy framerate. I had played a demo of the xbox version and it ran much more smoothly.

...and I know the price is only slightly better than before but a few bucks is a few bucks. I'll have some fun with it and then trade it back to gamestop while they are having the trade 3 get $10 deal. At least I'll get my money back.

I'll check and see on this when I go to Fry's this weekend for some .hack lovin'. By the way, which Fry's since their deals are sometimes YMMV? I'm going to try the Vegas one.

[quote name='Fire']I'll check and see on this when I go to Fry's this weekend for some .hack lovin'. By the way, which Fry's since their deals are sometimes YMMV? I'm going to try the Vegas one.[/QUOTE]

my bad, I should have noted this in the original post.... it's the Fry's in the Huntington Beach/Fountain Valley, CA area. I didn't realize that their closeout deals are YMMV(I know their temporary deals are) I just assumed that most would have this price.

[quote name='Fire']I'll check and see on this when I go to Fry's this weekend for some .hack lovin'. By the way, which Fry's since their deals are sometimes YMMV? I'm going to try the Vegas one.[/QUOTE]

Yaeh what you said, but I see it was already answered, but I'll just say thanks for notice OP.

I guess I'll keep an eye out next time I head to Fry's. To me Rogue Ops always looked like a generic Tomb Raider clone or something, but I'll give anything a try. One of the guys at my local EB absolutely loves it, so I guess it can't be all bad.

This was $2-3 at TRU back in March... on PS2 at least. Ended up trading it.

I may pick this up for XB though, I heard you can use the headset to shout commands.

Yup, this does seem to be one of the less YMMV drops of Fry's. There were two left at the Vegas store after I took mine.

[quote name='Fire']Yup, this does seem to be one of the less YMMV drops of Fry's. There were two left at the Vegas store after I took mine.[/QUOTE]

Well if you got one than I must have gotten one of the two that you left, so now's there's only one left. Also found a Cold Winter Pre-order item that is now going for .01 cent. It was the last at the Vegas store. I also notied that my Fry's started to import DS games as well as PSP games. :cool: Too bad no jump superstars. They also had a ton of Nanostray, but sadly I forgot to pick one up :cry:

[quote name='sabin23']I may pick this up for XB though, I heard you can use the headset to shout commands.[/QUOTE]

The headset thing is very disappointing. You can use the headset to select a weapon from your inventory, but it's poorly implemented. You have to press the white button to activate the headset microphone, speak the name of the weapon you want, wait for the game to slowly recognize your voice, then the character will switch to that weapon. It's much faster and easier to just scroll through your inventory the old-fashioned way. :booty:

[quote name='hiccupleftovers'] I also notied that my Fry's started to import DS games as well as PSP games. :cool: Too bad no jump superstars. They also had a ton of Nanostray, but sadly I forgot to pick one up :cry:[/QUOTE]
Whoa whoa whoa....what import DS games did they have? I knew I shoulda checked out the Vegas Fry's, I was there a few days ago. I've been waiting on them to carry import DS games after they had import PSP games. Did they have Band Bros or Electroplankton? Its a bit too early for them to have Jump Superstars, more likely within the next month or so.

[quote name='CouRageouS']Whoa whoa whoa....what import DS games did they have? I knew I shoulda checked out the Vegas Fry's, I was there a few days ago. I've been waiting on them to carry import DS games after they had import PSP games. Did they have Band Bros or Electroplankton? Its a bit too early for them to have Jump Superstars, more likely within the next month or so.[/QUOTE]

From the little Japanese I know (which is indeed a little at the moment since I'm waiting for the next session of the class), the games they had were 9-ball/billiards game and a Mahjong game, but the employee there said they were going to be getting more in the upcoming weeks, so hopefully Jump Superstars will be one of the candidates. I would love to buy it that way and I love how the DS is region free. I also noticed a game that looked like Brain Training, but I couldn't tell so I didn't pick it up.

Isn't Electroplankton coming to the States anyway? If so, then I'll probably just wait for it.

Oh, and what is Band Bros? I've heard the name before, but I don't remember what it is/what it is like.

You can tell its brain training if the anywhere on the back of the box their holding the DS sideways look a book. Or if it has the CGI guy who sorta looks like Jared from Subway.

Yea Electroplankton is probably coming out here anyway, since it was displayed so heavily at E3. But the Japanese packaging is so nice and also includes headphones, I told myself if I'd ever see the JPN version in a store that I'd buy it.

Band Bros is the music game that I've been drooling over for the past few months. It has your basic rhythm gameplay, along with 8 player single cart where everyone plays a different instrument to the same song. It also has a really elaborate composing system, you can take any sheet music and put it directly into the game. Check out NDSart.net and go to the music forums. Listen to a few people's creations from the game and you'll sometimes be amazed. Someone even dissected the whole Twilight Princess trailer song.

I'm surprised they didn't have games like Devilish or that one pseudo-golf game. Play-asia has had them for less than $25-30 and I figured Fry's would want to carry some of them.

[quote name='hiccupleftovers']Well if you got one than I must have gotten one of the two that you left, so now's there's only one left.[/QUOTE]Make that zero, I just picked up the last copy.

I also noticed some Sly Cooper 3 demo discs at the bottom of the PS2 rack. The front was labeled "Not For Resale". Don't know if they were free or $0.01 or some other price.

bread's done
Back