Roku Stick deals on Black Friday

Querjek

CAGiversary!
Feedback
74 (100%)
The Roku Streaming Stick currently retails for $49.99. It is an HDMI adapter that streams content to one's television via wifi. Whereas Chromecast requires an Android device to be a remote control, the Roku Stick includes a physical remote that uses AA batteries (included with the device). The recently-announced Amazon Fire Stick has similar features and includes a remote, but orders placed now will not be delivered until January 2015.

Current deals for the following weeks on the Roku Stick are as follows:

Walmart - $28 at 6PM on Thanksgiving Day

Best Buy - $39.99 ("online Thursday"/in-store at 5PM Thanksgiving day)

Radio Shack - $39.99 (open 8AM Thanksgiving Day)

I will update this post with others as they come. Let me know as they crop up!

Having tried both the Roku stick and the Fire TV Stick, you really should just wait for the Fire Stick.
If I could get my hands on a Fire Stick before January, I'd be all over it. It looks like a solid device with great functionality.

Unfortunately, I'm impatient.

The Fire TV stick is in the Best Buy weekly ad for $24.99.  Just snagged one for in-store pickup.

I'm happy with it so far. I bought it solely to stop using my WiiU to stream Hulu Plus and I like the Fire Stick version of the app more than the WiiU one.

The only problem I've had with it is that I don't know how to turn it off. I've found a "sleep" feature, but it's a few menus too deep.

bread's done
Back