Romance Of The Three Kingdoms VIII (PS2) $12.00

Awesome deal! Plus, if you get three of these, shipping is free. I'm a little skeptical because in the item description area, it says it is packaged in a "keep case" (whatever that is), which might mean that the game is not in its original packaging. I checked a few other items, and some have this keep case while others do not. Still, $12 for this game is a really good price.

FYI, all the games say they come in a "keep case".
As far as I can tell, this game is brand new.
Nice find.

I used to play this game on NES and it is a time sucking vacuum.

You can probably combine these with the other deals posted for DVDEmpire (Mario Sunshine or GTA VC for $18 each) te get free shipping and try one of the coupons. I think there's one for $5 off 60.

[quote name='bang4dabuc']I was browsing DVD Empire and spotted this deal.

Romance of the Three Kingdoms VIII for $12.00 (Playstation 2)

Link[/quote]

This was a great find! Thank you for sharing it with us. =D>

[quote name='video_gamer324']It does seem brand new, though.[/quote]

Yes. Used games are listed in a different section (there is a "Used Games" link in the "Browse" section on the left hand side of the page).

DVD Empire coupon codes:

$5 off $60 - Coupon Code: 580480 (expires 01/23/04)
$5 off $60 - Coupon Code: 580470 (expires 01/31/04)
$10 off $150 - Coupon Code: 580471 (expires 01/31/04)
$15 off $200 - Coupon Code: 580473 (expires 01/31/04)

[quote name='dynamite99']does this game play like Dynasty Warriors?[/quote]

Sorry, nothing like DW. There's actually no action in it at all ... but if you like math ... :D

I already have the game but with this PRICE i can't control my wallet ;)

Thanks pickup 3 copies of ROTTK 8 for $36.00

This is the Gift & BEST GAME & BEST DEAL eVER :)

Jeez, and to think I almost picked up RotK VII for $20 at BB earlier today. Glad I held off! :D

Why? Romance 7 is better than Romance 8 in almost every way.

The one good thing 8 has is the ability to form bands if you're unaffiliated with a ruler, but that's offset by almost everything else. However, Romance 8 is different enough from Romance 7 tha I still recommend it as a second purchase.

DAMN DAMN DAMN DAMN DAMN! The bloody site is down for maitinance! Bloody ****ing hell! >.

[quote name='JCDenton']Why? Romance 7 is better than Romance 8 in almost every way.

The one good thing 8 has is the ability to form bands if you're unaffiliated with a ruler, but that's offset by almost everything else. However, Romance 8 is different enough from Romance 7 tha I still recommend it as a second purchase.[/quote]

Really? Just about everything I've read and heard about RotK 8 is it improves on 7 in just about every way and is the better overall game.

I guess I'll see when I play it :)

warning

The customer service line is dead and hangs up on you despite being normal business hours

I store my password with Gator, and Gator didn't recognize their update credit card form, forcing me to create a new account.

The new account refused to check out and kept crashing upon completing the order, so I called.

their answering machine gives the normal business hours, AKA now,then says "one moment please", and then hangs up on you. Happened to me repeatedly before I finally got the website to work anyway on my own.

In other words, although it is a very cheap price, it is a hassle to get and people who are padding their orders for free shipping may be in trouble if any other other items require customer service.

I'm not to upset, because it's only $13.80, but if there was more money involved, I could see how this dead customer service line would freak someone out so I figured I would let people know.

I hit that bug too

The way to get around it is to tell it to use your billing address for your credit card as your shipping address

What I think happened there is that a lot of retailers change their policies to only ship to the credit card billing address after the major credit card fraud stories broke, and many never bothered to update their Web sites to reflect this policy change

Nope!

My Shipping & Billing Address are the same as my Credit Address but i don't get it why My Shipping Address uncertify :(

Thought... I have only 1 address for 3 yrs. from now.

Arggggggggghhhhh......

you have to use the checkbox
{which says something to the effect of "use billing address as shipping address" }
and not fill out the form to make them the same-- or at least that's the way their web site sees it

If anyone here is even the least bit interested in the RTK series, do yourself a favor and check out Romance of the Three Kingdoms 3 for PC. It's more than a decade old but IMO it's the best one of the series. Beautiful graphics, rich and intuitive interface...it still has a place on my hard drive, and probably always will.

You can download it for free, along with the manual, at this link:

http://www.the-underdogs.org/game.php?id=927

[quote name='Atreadon']If anyone here is even the least bit interested in the RTK series, do yourself a favor and check out Romance of the Three Kingdoms 3 for PC. It's more than a decade old but IMO it's the best one of the series. Beautiful graphics, rich and intuitive interface...it still has a place on my hard drive, and probably always will.

You can download it for free, along with the manual, at this link:

http://www.the-underdogs.org/game.php?id=927[/quote]

You sold me, I just downloaded the game and am looking forward to checking it out, thanks.

Its good to know that their are still people that appreciate the Romance Series, even if its getting redundant, the name itself is still a classic. I picked up three of these, because I was to cheap to pay for shipping. Thanks for raising my expectations for total cost, cheapy d

if you go to www.dvdempire.com, what does it say about the game under the order you placed?

mine still says:

Romance of the Three Kingdoms VIII
PS2 1-23-2004 1 $12.00 $12.00
IN-STOCK: Ships in 2 to 3 days.
Eligible for free shipping

I think I received the same email as everyone else, they may have sent it to everyone who placed an order for RotTK VIII.

Ok. I got the email, which was very unclear, stating that orders for in stock items would be filled, but they weren't expecting any more product (So is my order cancelled, or not? And if not, why would they send me an email?). I know it stated "in stock" when I placed my order. I checked my order page, and, 5 minutes ago, it was listed as "in stock" on my order page. Now, it shows "special order". Also, it now shows a shipping charge (presumably since shipping charges apply to special orders), but there was no shipping charge before since I ordered 3 items (In hindsight, I should have just ordered the one item I wanted (Romance) and accepted the $1.80 shipping). I have a feeling I won't be playing this game any time in the near future.

Edit: I just got a new email from them, Romance has been removed from my order. Order date was 1-23-2004 16:48 EST.

WHAT A SCAM!!

I was one of the first to order (I ordered as soon as I saw this thread, there were no replies to this thread yet (Friday around 5 or so) and the deal definitely was not posted on the main page yet). I just had my order cancelled. I am beginning to wonder if they ever had it in stock. What they now have are A LOT of people who have ordered 2 other games (3 altogether for the free shipping) which they say they will ship (without the cancelled RotTK8) AND now those people who ordered the 2 other games will have to pay shipping on them also!

Has anyone who ordered the RotTK8 from Dvdempire NOT have their order cancelled?

I think these people just went to the top of my sh*t list.

[quote name='bradr']WHAT A SCAM!!

I was one of the first to order (I ordered as soon as I saw this thread, there were no replies to this thread yet (Friday around 5 or so) and the deal definitely was not posted on the main page yet). I just had my order cancelled. I am beginning to wonder if they ever had it in stock. What they now have are A LOT of people who have ordered 2 other games (3 altogether for the free shipping) which they say they will ship (without the cancelled RotTK8) AND now those people who ordered the 2 other games will have to pay shipping on them also!

Has anyone who ordered the RotTK8 from Dvdempire NOT have their order cancelled?

I think these people just went to the top of my sh*t list.[/quote]

you're not the only one, I was definitely one of the first ppl in on that deal. maybe they only had two or three in stock, impossible to know. in any case, I'm still getting:

GTA Vice City $17.99
Super Mario Sunshine $17.99
F-Zero GBA $13.79

so I'm not complaining ;)

bread's done
Back