Roxio Game Capture (Xbox360, PS3) $55 Amazon Lightning Deal, 10/27

I got it months ago. Here's some videos of various settings I've streamed with:

Resident Evil 4 HD with 3500mbps bitrate: http://www.justin.tv/buuhan_1/b/296513299

Arkham City at 650kbps bitrate (I had to get cheaper internet): http://www.twitch.tv/itsstreamtime/b/298507732

It gets the job done, tho you cannot stream or capture in HD. Also you have to run your console and TV through this for it to work, which means you have to play with component cables. Additionally it acts as a bad splitter and produces blurring and scanlines on your TV (but not in your capture/stream). It's only really noticeable on 720p, so you have to play in 1080i for the best looking results. This device CANNOT recognize 1080p, so you cannot play in 1080p with the device. Finally there's an audio problem where the audio will be distorted in your capture/stream (but not on your tv) but uninstalling and reinstalling it seems to work to fix this, tho people have reported it hasn't... but it worked for me.

[quote name='Buuhan1']I got it months ago. Here's some videos of various settings I've streamed with:

Resident Evil 4 HD with 3500mbps bitrate: http://www.justin.tv/buuhan_1/b/296513299

Arkham City at 650kbps bitrate (I had to get cheaper internet): http://www.twitch.tv/itsstreamtime/b/298507732

It gets the job done, tho you cannot stream or capture in HD. Also you have to run your console and TV through this for it to work, which means you have to play with component cables. Additionally it acts as a bad splitter and produces blurring and scanlines on your TV (but not in your capture/stream). It's only really noticeable on 720p, so you have to play in 1080i for the best looking results. This device CANNOT recognize 1080p, so you cannot play in 1080p with the device. Finally there's an audio problem where the audio will be distorted in your capture/stream (but not on your tv) but uninstalling and reinstalling it seems to work to fix this, tho people have reported it hasn't... but it worked for me.[/QUOTE]

Thank you, what an amazing, useful comment!

[quote name='Buuhan1']you cannot stream or capture in HD. Also you have to run your console and TV through this for it to work, which means you have to play with component cables.[/QUOTE]

What the heck? It uses component cables, but it DOESN'T record in 720p? How is that even possible? >_>

[quote name='Jackie Chandler']What the heck? It uses component cables, but it DOESN'T record in 720p? How is that even possible? >_>[/QUOTE]

There was component video before there was HD.

[quote name='crunchewy']There was component video before there was HD.[/QUOTE]

Oh, really? I didn't know that. I guess it only captures/streams in SD because costs for HD hardware would be too expensive then.

[quote name='Jackie Chandler']Oh, really? I didn't know that. I guess it only captures/streams in SD because costs for HD hardware would be too expensive then.[/QUOTE]

Exactly. That is why they can offer the device for MSRB of $99.99. HD capture devices (such as the Hauppauge HD PVR) cost over double that. Highest you can get with this device is 480p which is considered EDTV (Enhanced Definition TV), tho I can personally say it looks a little worse than that. For example, a number of Wii games are 480p but they don't look as good in recording as they do on your TV. It is still good quality, especially for something like YouTube or Justin.tv, but it isn't perfect.

In short if you want to be able to stream or capture and you're on a budget and you're not super OCD about quality, this will do the trick. Otherwise you'd be best saving up for an Hauppauge HD PVR, something I myself really want but it is out of my price range.

I hope I was helpful, if anyone has anymore questions I'll try my best to answer them.

[quote name='crunchewy']There was component video before there was HD.[/QUOTE]

I have a standard definition TV that has component INputs. It's a flat screen but NOT flat panel. 2005 purchase and it works well with my 360. I fully utilized the component cables that came with my Xbox back then. Now MS ships the newer S models with composite cables.

bread's done
Back