RP: DEblob 14.99 NEW

Wow, nice deal! I paid $30 and thought it was a reasonable price... obviously should've waited a bit longer.

Um... What's RP though? Rogers Plus?

Cool, might have to pick it up. :) I looked around online real quick and the lowest I found it for elsewhere was $22.99 at FutureShop.

[quote name='Lone_Prodigy']... Support 3rd-party Wii games![/QUOTE]

By waiting until regular sales bomb and the games drop to clearance pricing?
:whistle2:s

We all do it, but I'm not sure that's the kind of support that 3rd parties are looking for. The game is a neat experience and worth more than the price of a downloadable game - that should be reason enough to grab a copy.

I haven't picked up a new Wii game in over a year... but this is one that I've wanted to give a try. Thanks for the heads up! I might pick it up when I'm at work tomorrow.

[quote name='ejamer']By waiting until regular sales bomb and the games drop to clearance pricing?
:whistle2:s

We all do it, but I'm not sure that's the kind of support that 3rd parties are looking for. The game is a neat experience and worth more than the price of a downloadable game - that should be reason enough to grab a copy.[/QUOTE]

Haha okay you got me there, but buying it new still beats buying used...

I went down to my local Rogers Plus this afternoon after reading this thread. The clerk at the counter rang it up as $34.99. When I asked if she could see if it was on sale for $14.99, she double-checked again, but insisted that $34.99 is the correct price.

Yeah, my location (Rogers Plus in Calgary at Dalhousie) had 4 copies all stickered at $20 but it rang up at $15. Thanks OP.

[quote name='Lone_Prodigy']Haha okay you got me there, but buying it new still beats buying used...[/QUOTE]

While true, but buying new at below bargin bin prices gives the wrong impression to publishers that small games are not worth buying until they're no longer relevant. While great for the cheapass gamer, it's terrible for the small developer.

PS: Got my copy during Xmas last year.

Read about it on the Penny Arcade forums and got it new full price, and it was fantastic for full price.

THQ has already said that it sold well enough for a sequel, so I don't think they're too worried about price drops. They weren't expecting it to sell millions, but it sold I think 200,000 or more and that made them a tidy profit.

Wow, nice deal! I paid $30 and thought it was a reasonable price... obviously should
signature_deepthakur.jpg
:)

I'm pretty sure it sold more then 600,000.

I'd buy it, but I have no clue as to the where abouts of a Rogers Plus.

Rogers underwent a brand unification of sorts. Now all the rogers video stores are called rogers plus. (I guess cause you can get so much more than just videos!) :roll:

Just use the store locator on their website to find a location if you don't know where the closest one is. www.rogersvideo.com

bread's done
Back