RPG Shmups

People claikm Vanark has "rpg-elements", but it didn't do it for me. It was basically walking around inbetween missions. Nice shmup though in the starfox mold.

Dave

[quote name='Ledhed']Isn't Sigma Star Saga supposed to be a blend of Action RPG and shmuppin'?[/QUOTE]

From the September EGM:
Sigma Star Saga
GBA * Namco * ESRB: E
It's an adventure hybrid in which role-playing-game-style random encounters suck you into side-scrolling shooter sequences a bit too frequently. An enjoyable custom weapon system becomes overkill against enemies that rarely even return fire, making Sigma more about near-passive "leveling up" than reflex-fueled finesse.

BottomLine:
Attractive, intruiging, and possibly worth playing, but Sigmafails to capture the essence of the space shooter.

Well Raptor you earn money after each missions and then buy upgrades, thats what I was really talking about, but these other games sound cool too.

I'm not quite sure if you could classify it as a RPG shmup, but you should check out The Guardian Legend for NES. I remember playing that a lot as a kid with my good friend the game genie.

bread's done
Back