RPG Suggestions

Crimson Gem Saga is actually a half decent game, and if for some reason you haven't played them, or you could get them anyway the PSP ports of Final fantasy I and II are spectacular. I also second Popolocrois.

Traditional RPGs or SRPG/TRPG? Add Brave Story, and I second the Star Oceans. But personally, I didn't like Popolocrois. There's also Mana Khemia but it's probably lower on the list than most things mentioned.

If you're into SRPGs, there's always Final Fantasy Tactics, Jeanne d'Arc, and of course, Disgaea 1 & 2.

If you're into something different/less appreciated, look into Yggdra Union and Riviera, which are not most people's cup of tea.

[quote name='elessar123']Traditional RPGs or SRPG/TRPG? Add Brave Story, and I second the Star Oceans. But personally, I didn't like Popolocrois. There's also Mana Khemia but it's probably lower on the list than most things mentioned.

If you're into SRPGs, there's always Final Fantasy Tactics, Jeanne d'Arc, and of course, Disgaea 1 & 2.

If you're into something different/less appreciated, look into Yggdra Union and Riviera, which are not most people's cup of tea.[/QUOTE]

i like all the variations on the rpgs. i will go look up those last two. i'm a huge disgaea fan if you can't tell :)

To give you a little history, I didn't have a gaming system since the original nintendo until the wii and PS3. Just got a DS for christmas and a psp is on the way. I used to play tons of text only rpgs and actually played them from books with friends. Anyway, I'm getting into all the playstation games that I missed, etc. I am going to pick up FF 1 and 2 as well. I have 4, 7, 8 and the DS XII. Preordered XIII too. So, I'm playing hours and hours of fun catch up :).

Then check out Jeanne D'Arc for sure. Also, I personally like Field Commander, although it's a little on the easier side of SRPGs. I was interested in Class of Heroes because it seemed like Etrian Odyssey 1&2, but I ended up not liking it much. Yggdra Union has graphics like it could easily be on a cellphone and has a story that seems like it was written by a 10 year old, but the game play is very unique.There's also the Wildarms SRPG, but I haven't heard many good things about it. I can go on and on since so far, I'm just turning around and looking at my shelf for titles and I'm barely a few titles in, lol.

nice elessar. I have a lot of catching up to do, obviously. :). I'm in the middle of Disgaea DS and I just love the characters. Chrono Trigger is outdated but I totally dig it big time. FFVII is a blast. I finished Might and Magic: Clash of Heroes, which was more like a puzzle adventure, but I loved it. So fun. I'm having a blast going back and discovering all these great games.

Yea, I've been meaning to check out Might and Magic: Clash of Heroes, but I have too much to play right now, so might as well wait for a price drop.

I went to GS... I know, don't bludgeon me ;).... saw a case for Jeanne D'Arc and was going to buy it. Tards didn't have the game.... grrrrr. So, for a lack of other things I wanted, I bought Final Fantasy VII: Crisis Core. :). I will like it I'm sure. I will be hunting down the others as time goes on. My back catalog is getting HUGE.

Crisis Core is a good call, very fun game. I would definitely pick up Final Fantasy Tactics: The War of the Lions too. FFT is still the best strategy RPG around and the PSP port is great.

bread's done
Back