RPG suggestions?

Waughoo

CAGiversary!
My awesome wife got me a PS3 for my birthday! Right now all I have for it is Little Big Planet 2, which is alright but doesnt hold my interest enough. I'd like to get a good local co-op rpg game, something like Phantasy Star Online was on GC. Any suggestions?

Demons Souls.

If you have a PS3 its one of the best exclusives on the system.

Co-Op online and gamespot 2009 game of the year.

Its def my favorite RPG to date.

i didnt read your post fully, lol. i had written mass effect 2 but that wont help, sorry. valkyria chronicles i believe is similar to all thats been listed here

From my Top Picks in order.
1.Demon's Souls $20.00 New or about $17.99 used at Gamestop
2.Dragon Age:Origion Ultimate Edition $35.00 or lower at target
3.Borderlands if you like FPS mixed with RPG goodness about $45.00 for the GOTY
4.Fallout 3 GOTY 26.99 last time I looked at Gamestop used
5.Final Fantasy XIII
6.Mass Effect 2 I would put last due to it's overpriced price tag and it being a year old.

Final fantasy XIII gotta play that, i got only 30 something hours of actual play time before my ps3 YLOD on me saturday, mine was an 80gb Backward Comp. Launch date model. So i got my moneys worth.

[quote name='Gden']I second Eternal Sonata, that game is awesome, easily one of the best rpgs of this generation[/QUOTE]

And (to my knowledge) the one RPG that has 3 player local co-op. I woulda played through the game with my Brother if he wouldn't have kept falling asleep while we were playing it. :bomb:

Keep an eye out for the announcement of when Tales of Graces F is coming out. That will definitely have up to 4 player local co-op. It's a miracle that Bamco decided to release another Tales of game to the states, and I implore to everyone that they should support more coming out and buy the game!

I dunno about co-op RPG's, but these are must-play:

Folklore
Demon's Souls
Valkyria Chronicles

Everything else is take it or leave it.

Demon's Souls is excellent, but the co-op is a bit tricky to play with friends. There is no local co-op, only online. To play co-op, players in soul form ("dead," have less max HP, do more damage) drop a blue stone which shows up on the ground in every player's world who is in body form ("alive," max possible HP) and they can click up to two stones to summon two soul form players into the body form player's world to fight together. This video from Atlus explains the online features pretty well.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=14_OICVhKIQ

So to play with friends, you have to agree on a spot ahead of time for the soul form player(s) to drop their blue stones so that you (and not someone else) pulls them into their world. Once connected there is not voice chat, just the ability to do several gestures. You either have to communicate using the PSN's chat room feature, PSN MSGs, or some other external communication like the phone or skype.

Two Worlds II... Yeah, yeah, I know! The game is actually pretty enjoyable once you get into it though. It has a lengthy single player campaign with a cool crafting system and a decent MMO style multiplayer setup.

It's EXTREMELY rough around the edges though.

[quote name='Waughoo']I read up on Demon's Souls, sounds abit too rough for us. And local co-op is a must[/QUOTE]
Demon Souls is very rough. It's probably the best game on the PS3 but it's one hell of a game to beat.

Now I highly recommend Borderlands. It's not an rpg in a true sense, since it is a fps/rpg hybrid that leans more towards a shooter, but it not only has co-op but it also adjusts to whether or not your playing singleplayer or co-op accordingly. You can get the GOTY edition for a decent price if you shop around. I also recommend only the GOTY version because you get the DLC which is good.

[quote name='Waughoo']I read up on Demon's Souls, sounds abit too rough for us. And local co-op is a must[/QUOTE]

Yeah you will get your ass handed to you in Demon's Souls. It is not an easy game to get into by any means.

[quote name='Sir_Fragalot']Demon Souls is very rough. It's probably the best game on the PS3 but it's one hell of a game to beat.

Now I highly recommend Borderlands. It's not an rpg in a true sense, since it is a fps/rpg hybrid that leans more towards a shooter, but it not only has co-op but it also adjusts to whether or not your playing singleplayer or co-op accordingly. You can get the GOTY edition for a decent price if you shop around. I also recommend only the GOTY version because you get the DLC which is good.[/QUOTE]

Already have Borderlands and all the DLC for my 360. Played the crap out of it :)

Didnt get an answer in the RPG thread so I'll try again over here

How are thoes NIS games for :ps3: Trinity Universe, Cross Edge, what's that other one? Lost empire or something. Are they good like Phantom Brave/Disgea or crap like La Pucelle and Makai Kingdom

bread's done
Back