RPG Thread XI is pretending X-2 doesn't exist

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do not plat FFXIII. Do not.

All the trophies involve fun things you would do anyways (mostly end-game hunts), but collecting every item in the game is just retarded, because it's nothing but grinding giant turtles for hours and hours, and reloading saves should the turtle not drop the item you need.

[quote name='Hell Monkey']Yeah no crap. Not yet on Amazon to pre-order[/QUOTE]

This thing is awesome:

208064-header.jpg

Though for my $150, that better be a Steelbook. :D

[quote name='panzerfaust']Do not plat FFXIII. Do not.

All the trophies involve fun things you would do anyways (mostly end-game hunts), but collecting every item in the game is just retarded, because it's nothing but grinding giant turtles for hours and hours, and reloading saves should the turtle not drop the item you need.[/QUOTE]

Good times.

[quote name='bvharris']Well fuck me. Time to start saving up pennies.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Hell Monkey']Yeah no crap. Not yet on Amazon to pre-order[/QUOTE]

But this is CAG, these things always drop in price immensely a few months after release.

[quote name='bvharris']This thing is awesome:

208064-header.jpg

Though for my $150, that better be a Steelbook. :D[/QUOTE]

I posted this same thing in the GGT, but $150 seems kind of steep for a statue and artbook. I think I'll probably just end up getting the regular edition.

[quote name='distgfx']But this is CAG, these things always drop in price immensely a few months after release.[/QUOTE]

But they're saying this one will be "limited"...

[quote name='distgfx']But this is CAG, these things always drop in price immensely a few months after release.[/QUOTE]

I've practically already taken 11/11 off of work. No way I'm missing this on day one. :D

[quote name='icebeast']I posted this same thing in the GGT, but $150 seems kind of steep for a statue and artbook. I think I'll probably just end up getting the regular edition.[/QUOTE]

Not all artbooks and statues are created equal. If they were throwing in a cheap little paperback artbook and a little Epic Mickey-sized statue, I'd agree.

As a huge TES fan, I'm glad they're doing something this extensive, and I'll happily buy it. But it definitely won't be for everyone.

[quote name='icebeast']But they're saying this one will be "limited"...[/QUOTE]

Oh shit, then you better snatch that shit up day 1.

[quote name='bvharris']I've practically already taken 11/11 off of work. No way I'm missing this on day one. :D[/QUOTE]

Hmm... but then couldn't you buy the regular one day 1 and get the LE after it drops in price? You would still save more.

[quote name='distgfx']
Hmm... but then couldn't you buy the regular one day 1 and get the LE after it drops in price? You would still save more.[/QUOTE]

Only if the CE dropped below $90. It might, but I don't feel like waiting. It's worth it to me to pay that much for it.

[quote name='distgfx']Oh shit, then you better snatch that shit up day 1.[/QUOTE]

I'll snatch the regular edition up day 1 for sure.

[quote name='bvharris']Not all artbooks and statues are created equal. If they were throwing in a cheap little paperback artbook and a little Epic Mickey-sized statue, I'd agree.
[/QUOTE]

Ya I mean the artbook and statue are nice. But I'll be honest the art direction for the Elder Scrolls games has never really blown me away, it usually strikes me as fairly generic, what I enjoy about the games is the gameplay and open world. The statue does look nice though (but not $90 nice, there are plenty of statues of other things I could get for that same price that I'd like more).

[quote name='panzerfaust']Do not plat FFXIII. Do not.

All the trophies involve fun things you would do anyways (mostly end-game hunts), but collecting every item in the game is just retarded, because it's nothing but grinding giant turtles for hours and hours, and reloading saves should the turtle not drop the item you need.[/QUOTE]

As someone who actually endured the Trapezohedron grind, it's absolutely not worth it. Spamming Death with Vanille on Adamantoises for hours on end is by far one of the most mind-numbing exercises I've ever done in a game. By the time I actually had the six Trapezohedrons needed to get everyone's final weapons, I was too burned out to actually tackle the rest of the Cie'th stone missions.

[quote name='fwbweux']As someone who actually endured the Trapezohedron grind, it's absolutely not worth it. Spamming Death with Vanille on Adamantoises for hours on end is by far one of the most mind-numbing exercises I've ever done in a game. By the time I actually had the six Trapezohedrons needed to get everyone's final weapons, I was too burned out to actually tackle the rest of the Cie'th stone missions.[/QUOTE]

Why were you deathing it? Kill it with Fang like a man.

Same result regardless. I have everything I need to make the final weapons and can probably blow through those last missions, no problem. Can't bring myself to go back and play the game though.

I thought the postgame and journey to 1000 GS in Final Fantasy XIII was more fun than the campaign. :lol:

[quote name='panzerfaust']What!? You don't think it's spin on DnD art direction is mesmerizing?
img274dd4207e6bae3e65a071ab4ee6e684.jpeg
[/QUOTE]

Wow, Soap has really let himself go since Modern Warfare 2.

[quote name='Indignate']Why were you deathing it? Kill it with Fang like a man.

Same result regardless. I have everything I need to make the final weapons and can probably blow through those last missions, no problem. Can't bring myself to go back and play the game though.[/QUOTE]

I had to start with Vanille until I got a Trapezohedron to create Kain's Lance for Fang. It was certainly easier after that, though I had shit luck and it took me like 80 Adamantoise kills just to get my first Trap so the whole process was still really slow overall.

I'm pretty sure that you need to get Dark Matters from Shaolong Guis to upgrade some of the items for the Treasure Hunter trophy anyway eventually, and I imagine Fang can't take those on solo, so that was kind of demoralizing when it came time to decide whether to pursue the Plat or not, hah.

[quote name='bvharris']Only if the CE dropped below $90. It might, but I don't feel like waiting. It's worth it to me to pay that much for it.[/QUOTE]

Oh, I'm sure it would, but if you're this excited about the game and you plan to play it for 100+ hours, then I could see it being worth it.

Extra crap doesn't interest me. I don't have room for all the crap I have as it is. In other news, installing Oblivion. My excitement meter for Skyrim is maxed out. I'm on a media black-out for it now.

I've never actually finished an Elder Scrolls game. I played the first 3 (never played Oblivion), but I never really felt the story was worth pursuing and I would get distracted by sidequests for 60 hours and then give up.

I hope playing this one on a console will help keep me interested.

[quote name='ChibiJosh']I've never actually finished an Elder Scrolls game. I played the first 3 (never played Oblivion), but I never really felt the story was worth pursuing and I would get distracted by sidequests for 60 hours and then give up.

I hope playing this one on a console will help keep me interested.[/QUOTE]

That's exactly how I played Oblivion. I think I closed one gate and finished Knights of the Nine but I didn't really play any of the main quest.

I've actually never liked an Elder Scroll game, so I'm actually more excited about Dragon's Dogma and LotR, and both are barely lukewarm interests.

Baldur's Gate III, Icewind Dale III, and Neverwinter Nights III (if it went back to Bioware) would get me excited though.

Bioware will never make games that engrossing again. I can guarantee that.

--

FFXIII Agito JPN demo on thursday :bouncy:

Last edited by a moderator:
Should I get Devil Survivor? I really liked the Digital Devil Saga games, but not so much Nocturne, and haven't played any other SMTs besides those three.

I loved Devil Survivor. One of my favorite RPGs this gen. I'd say go for it as long as you don't have a strong aversion to SRPGs. (there's more to it than typical SRPG affair though)

[quote name='elessar123']I've actually never liked an Elder Scroll game, so I'm actually more excited about Dragon's Dogma and LotR, and both are barely lukewarm interests.

Baldur's Gate III, Icewind Dale III, and Neverwinter Nights III (if it went back to Bioware) would get me excited though.[/QUOTE]

You have described the perfect future. NWN 2 was actually a good game, but I couldn't play it because it had so many game-ending bugs.

[quote name='panzerfaust']NWN2 was pretty standard, it was really only known for its player created worlds and multiplayer.[/QUOTE]

Huh, that explains a lot. I beat it and thought it was good but not amazing, I always wondered why I heard such good things about it.

[quote name='blueshinra']Should I get Devil Survivor? I really liked the Digital Devil Saga games, but not so much Nocturne, and haven't played any other SMTs besides those three.[/QUOTE]
I've been wanting to pick up Devil Survivor too, but I think I'll just wait for the 3DS port to be cheap.

Yeah, if you have or plan to get a 3DS eventually, you might as well wait and play that version since it will have extra stuff.

I'm glad I found this thread, and I'm not the only one that got fed up with the crapfest that was Auto-Battle XIII.

[quote name='redshadow']I'm glad I found this thread, and I'm not the only one that got fed up with the crapfest that was Auto-Battle XIII.[/QUOTE]

Stop right there. We are not getting into this.

XIII has already infected the GGT. The shit is like AIDS. Kill it off here.

XIII was not auto-battle :nottalking:

Maybe for the first few hours it was, but there's no way you could get through the game letting it auto-battle for you.

Sigh. Skipping ahead, the title of the thread after the next one should definitely be: "The first rule of RPG thread XIII is you do not talk about Final Fantasy XIII"

It's also the second rule... ;)

Confession time - I've never played any Final Fantasy past IX with the exception of the XI MMO. I figured IX was a good time to get off the bus.

YIPES!

[quote name='2DMention']Confession time - I've never played any Final Fantasy past IX with the exception of the XI MMO. I figured IX was a good time to get off the bus.

YIPES![/QUOTE]

Confessions? Sweet.

The only Final Fantasy games I have ever played are the FFVIII demo and FFVII. They both sucked ass and made me loathe JRPGs forever.

EDIT: Wait, I tried FFX too just to see if they got any better ... they didn't.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back