RPG Thread XI is pretending X-2 doesn't exist

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='momouchi']Going to pick up a PSP soon, what are your top 3 RPGs?[/QUOTE]

Your in luck.
Amazon is having a Handheld sale going on with a bunch of RPGs on sale most no more than $20 and some at $15 including Lord of Arcana and Tactics Orge.

ive added a ton of rpgs to my collection thx to CAg and amazon

1. Crisis Core
2. War of the Lions
3. Persona 3 Portable

Also, in case anyone else was interested in Phantom Brave PSP, it dropped to $14.99 today on Amazon.

[quote name='Ryuukishi']
Also, in case anyone else was interested in Phantom Brave PSP, it dropped to $14.99 today on Amazon.[/QUOTE]

I'm pretty sure it's been lower than that (though I could be thinking of something else).

?) Crisis Core
?) Kingdom Hearts: Birth by Sleep (Does that count?)
?) Ys Seven

Will try The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky one day...heard great things about it.

Edit: Though I did enjoy Ys: Oath in Felghana more than Seven overall, but I played that on PC.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='bvharris']I'm pretty sure it's been lower than that (though I could be thinking of something else).[/QUOTE]
Not according to camelcamelcamel, though it's been this same price a couple times before.

[quote name='Ryuukishi']1. Crisis Core
2. War of the Lions
3. Persona 3 Portable
[/QUOTE]

Reverse 1 and 3. It's a shame two of the three are remakes though. Is there much in terms of new original RPGs on PSP?

Picked up KH:BBS off Amazon and will play it once my PSP arrives. Gonna skip P3P since I have played through both P3 and P3:FES. I'll look through this and make my list of games to get. Thanks for all the suggestions!

All this talk about PSP reminds me that mine died about a month ago and I don't have a regular charger.

I was charging it through USB and you can only do that when it's turned on.

1. Disgaea
2. Jeanne d'Arc
3. Brave Story just to throw something crazy on there.
Honorable mention to Lunar, Crimson Gem Saga, and Crisis Core.

[quote name='Indignate']All this talk about PSP reminds me that mine died about a month ago and I don't have a regular charger.

I was charging it through USB and you can only do that when it's turned on.[/QUOTE]

The Go charges even when it's off through USB :cool:

i started playing kotor again

man this game is so good
i wish they made more kotor instead of mass effect.

[quote name='Indignate']So that thing actually does something well?[/QUOTE]

Indeed it does.

Honestly, when I first got it I had trouble buying games because they were digital only...but now I'd rather pay a little extra for the digital version than have the UMD. It's just so much more convenient.

I don't think I'd ever want to go back to carrying around games for a portable again. Since they cost a little more sometimes on PSN I just make sure I only buy games I actually want. No temptation to buy a game I don't really care for just because it's cheap :cool:

I do take my Go with me sometimes, and also play it at home.

Very convenient when I take it with me since I don't have to search for or decide which games I want to take.

I think not having to actually carry other games is pretty big too. Whether it's UMD's or the tiny DS carts, carrying them around is a hassle.

[quote name='kainzero']i started playing kotor again

man this game is so good
i wish they made more kotor instead of mass effect.[/QUOTE]

They made that MMO game, rather than continuing the series.

[quote name='Jest']Reverse 1 and 3. It's a shame two of the three are remakes though. Is there much in terms of new original RPGs on PSP?[/QUOTE]

Yeah, though the number of quality re-makes/ports is probably higher.

[quote name='kainzero']i started playing kotor again

man this game is so good
i wish they made more kotor instead of mass effect.[/QUOTE]

IDK about instead, as I love ME, but I just finished replaying both KOTORs and damn they are fantastic. Even 2 is after the restored content mod on PC.

Anyone importing Xenoblade? I'm thinking about it, but am going to try it at my friends first (since he's already had it preordered for a while, lol)

[quote name='Zmonkay']

Anyone importing Xenoblade? I'm thinking about it, but am going to try it at my friends first (since he's already had it preordered for a while, lol)[/QUOTE]

Well since it is region locked and I don't want to mod my Wii....no.

[quote name='Zmonkay']
Anyone importing Xenoblade? I'm thinking about it, but am going to try it at my friends first (since he's already had it preordered for a while, lol)[/QUOTE]

I was going to, but I decided against it. There have been some rumblings that it's still got a decent chance to come over here. Besides, it's not like I won't be able to get it later if it never does materialize stateside.

[quote name='Zmonkay']

I might eventually, but I still think there's a chance it might come out in the US. If it doesn't in like a year or so, I'll import (same with The Last story).

I'm going to wait on a sale for Xenoblade. I was sad when I imported the 3rd Birthday and Tactic Ogre special editions and they went on sale for $10 cheaper before I even played them

Well we're hoping my friend's copy comes by the end of the week (IDK where he ordered it from) if not some time next week, so I'll try and post impressions when we get it.

[quote name='momouchi']They made that MMO game, rather than continuing the series.[/QUOTE]
well, unless they actually finish some of those open threads from KOTOR, i'd assume it's completely different.

what was it in the outer rim that made revan turn dark side? and where did he go after the first game?!

[quote name='kainzero']well, unless they actually finish some of those open threads from KOTOR, i'd assume it's completely different.

what was it in the outer rim that made revan turn dark side? and where did he go after the first game?!
[/QUOTE]

I am cautiously optimistic that they will either:

1) Continue the threads in the MMO
2) If the MMO is popular, be given a green light to make KOTOR3. I'm hoping more for this option, as i don't have enough time to play any MMOs right now.

Did 3 attempts against the FOE on level 5 of Etrian Odyssey 3. Lost em all. Time to grind up one more level and then try again. Or maybe just get a few more drops and some better armor. Ugh.

[quote name='BattleChicken']I am cautiously optimistic that they will either:

1) Continue the threads in the MMO
2) If the MMO is popular, be given a green light to make KOTOR3. I'm hoping more for this option, as i don't have enough time to play any MMOs right now.[/QUOTE]

I also would love Option 2. Don't have the PC/time/$$ for a MMO, but I would spend $200 on a KOTOR3 CE, lol.

i would also like them to fix kotor2! haha.

poor obsidian. the game was great but you can tell it was cut and rushed. i just remember being soooo into it and then all of a sudden something happened and i had no idea wtf was happening.

[quote name='whoknows']Does FFIV start off slow? I'm having trouble not being bored by it so far.[/QUOTE]

IMO, yes.
I personally liked the game more after Cecil tries to become a paladin.

[quote name='elessar123']IMO, yes.
I personally liked the game more after Cecil tries to become a paladin.
[/QUOTE]

That's about where I'm at right now.

I'm tempted to play something else but trying to resist.

EDIT: Tempted to try Oath in Felghana or Trails in the Sky. Either/both any good anyone?

[quote name='kainzero']i would also like them to fix kotor2! haha.

poor obsidian. the game was great but you can tell it was cut and rushed. i just remember being soooo into it and then all of a sudden something happened and i had no idea wtf was happening.[/QUOTE]

KOTOR 2 was fixed, by fan mod for the PC. You can play the stuff they cut put

[quote name='kainzero']i would also like them to fix kotor2! haha.

poor obsidian. the game was great but you can tell it was cut and rushed. i just remember being soooo into it and then all of a sudden something happened and i had no idea wtf was happening.[/QUOTE]

We can thank Lucas Arts for that.

62t: That was finished?

[quote name='Chibi_Kaji']We can thank Lucas Arts for that. [/QUOTE]
i was thinking about LA and how all the great franchises we know and love are gone, and how they now have a bunch of shitty franchises that they keep making.

[quote name='whoknows']That's about where I'm at right now.

I'm tempted to play something else but trying to resist.

EDIT: Tempted to try Oath in Felghana or Trails in the Sky. Either/both any good anyone?[/QUOTE]

Trails in the Sky is one of my favorite PSP games.
Its just so good and keeps getting better

Just got in Suikoden Tiekries and Legend of Heroes 1.
Anything thoughts?

[quote name='Hell Monkey']If you can find a copy.[/QUOTE]

Lord knows I had problems finding a copy. There was like one amazon seller and that was it - there is no legitimate digital distribution solution like there is for KOTOR1.

[quote name='BattleChicken']Lord knows I had problems finding a copy. There was like one amazon seller and that was it - there is no legitimate digital distribution solution like there is for KOTOR1.[/QUOTE]

No wonder I sold my copy on ebay the day I put it up =P

[quote name='Zmonkay']Anyone importing Xenoblade? I'm thinking about it, but am going to try it at my friends first (since he's already had it preordered for a while, lol)[/QUOTE]
You bet I am. The RPG of the generation has my full support.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back