RPG's

ChiefsFan21

CAGiversary!
I never really got into the genre other than final fantasy on the PSP, I forgot which one...Cloud was part of a mission but didn't have a major part. ( It was a kind-of recent game). Anyways, I was wondering if anyone can reccommend some RPG's that I could get into because I have heard so much about the Genre. I play Mostly FPS TPS games, but I do like other genres , for example I have Burnout Paradise, LittleBigPlanet, Soul Calibur 4, and Lego Indy.

the psp game is Final Fantasy VII: Crisis Core

you could try final fantasy 7, final fantasy 9, star ocean (i do not recomend the one on the ps2) Fallout 3 is a good western rpg's if you have a 360 you can try fable 2 and fable: The lost chapters and mass effect and the nintendo d.s has alot of rpg's

edit: oh and tales of vesperia looks good, but i didnt play it yet (not sure if it is out on ps3 yet or not)

RPGs for PS3? (Ordered by gamerankings score)

W-RPGs:
Fallout 3
The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion
Marvel: Ultimate Alliance
Sacred 2: Fallen Angel
Rise of the Argonauts
Untold Legends: Dark Kingdom

J-RPGs:
Valkyria Chronicles
Eternal Sonata
Disgaea 3: Absence of Justice
Enchanted Arms
Cross Edge

Valkyria Chronicles will most likely be your best bet for a good time, at least for J-RPGs.

Start with Fallout 3 and Valkyria Chronicles as far as PS3 goes. If you have a PS2/BC then there is a ton more to suggest.

just finished lost oddyssey for xbox, I liked it. Also, Eternal Sonata looks beautiful. The game that hooked my was Final Fantasy 10 for ps2 though I started late to the genre. I also love Kingdom hearts ps2 but I like Disney characters.

If you have plans on picking up fallout 3, I would hold off till October something, since the GOTY edition will be coming out. That includes all 5 DLC patches along with the game for only $60!!!!! That means the game only cost $10!

and also, this isn't anytime soon, but sometime in late 2010/early 2011, they're making FFXIV which is a MMORPG for the PS3.

Good thread. I was trying to figure out which RPG's to try for the PS3. There doesn't seem to be much.. especially compared to the PS2.

PS2 was my favorite console because it had tons of RPGs, specifically JRPGs which I enjoy. PS3 (heck, this whole generation) feels stuck in first gear. I loved Disgaea 3, but honestly could have been done on PS2.

[quote name='Serpentor']Sadly, only Cross Edge got trophy supports :([/QUOTE]

Disgaea 3 will be getting trophies implemented in August as well :)

I say stick to your guns. The only RPG I'm going to willingly play on the PS3 is Fallout 3 and that's only because it can be played as an FPS. I can't stand RPGs.

You might be disappointed with fallout 3. It's not Final Fantasy or Tales of Vesperia but it is most definitely not a FPS even though it's a first person game with guns. Just because you are aiming at someone's head doesn't mean you'll hit them there or even hit them at all. There are still "dice rolls" tied to your skill levels going on behind the scenes. The higher those skills, the better chance you have to hit the enemy and with higher damage through critical hits. It's a great game but don't be fooled by the perspective used to tell the story, it's still an rpg.

[quote name='PuppetYuber']Disgaea 3 will be getting trophies implemented in August as well :)[/QUOTE]

i heard, that's why i'm holding off on it...

[quote name='hpbbes']You might be disappointed with fallout 3. It's not Final Fantasy or Tales of Vesperia but it is most definitely not a FPS even though it's a first person game with guns. Just because you are aiming at someone's head doesn't mean you'll hit them there or even hit them at all. There are still "dice rolls" tied to your skill levels going on behind the scenes. The higher those skills, the better chance you have to hit the enemy and with higher damage through critical hits. It's a great game but don't be fooled by the perspective used to tell the story, it's still an rpg.[/QUOTE]
Damn them, trying to fool me. I already have the game and it's easy trophies. Guess I gotta buckle down then.

Cross hair+Head≠Try again

bread's done
Back