RRoD question

GenghisJohn

CAGiversary!
Hey guys,
Had my 360 for about 5 months and I love it. I was playing Assassins Creed and I noticed some freezing today. The 360 then gave me the RRoD, I unplugged everything let it sit for a couple minutes and booted it back up. The system works fine now with every other game I have, but if I try AC again the game locks up.

So my question is, I suppose I should send it in? I only had the Red ring once and I really dont feel like going through the hassle, but I guess I should just get it over with?

[quote name='GenghisJohn']Hey guys,
Had my 360 for about 5 months and I love it. I was playing Assassins Creed and I noticed some freezing today. The 360 then gave me the RRoD, I unplugged everything let it sit for a couple minutes and booted it back up. The system works fine now with every other game I have, but if I try AC again the game locks up.

So my question is, I suppose I should send it in? I only had the Red ring once and I really dont feel like going through the hassle, but I guess I should just get it over with?[/QUOTE]

Yep. The RRoD won't just go away. I say take care of it.

file the request at least, if it works fine keep using it. I think you get like 30-60 days before the repair order auto-deletes.

have you tried clearing your cache? there are instructions on the xbox support page for freezing problems. It might be the cause since AC is a pretty load-heavy game.

[quote name='Surferflames']file the request at least, if it works fine keep using it. I think you get like 30-60 days before the repair order auto-deletes.

have you tried clearing your cache? there are instructions on the xbox support page for freezing problems. It might be the cause since AC is a pretty load-heavy game.[/QUOTE]

I see what you're getting at, but do you think the cache could really cause the RRoD?

bread's done
Back