Rumble Roses (PS2) $20 at EB (online and B&M)

[quote name='whitereflection']Only if the gameplay was as good as the graphics...[/QUOTE]

the funny part is that the gameplay is in fact as good as th graphics. Shame it lacks all modes of a reguluar SD! game. A solid choice for wrestling/fighting/perverted game fans.

For those not in the know, it uses a modified (IMO better) version of the SD! series's gameplay. Great fun, but it lacks serious replay value outside multi. An excellent pick for $20. Maybe kinda of scarce BTW (no EBs around me have it instock
).

[quote name='-Never4ever-']the funny part is that the gameplay is in fact as good as th graphics.[/QUOTE]

I beg to differ. I tried this title out on a week's rental, but I got tired of it all too quickly within just a few days. The graphics aren't all that and a bag of chips, and the lady wrestlers, environments, etc. come off as a little too generic.

The game play might have been able to pull this game along if there had been a little more meat to it (added modes, extras, unlockables, etc.), but the game comes up short no matter how you look at it. For $10, I'd pick it up without thinking, but $20 is still a tad high for what you get here.

I saw this game in the 20 dollars and under section at Target (the part where all the greatest hits, Plat Hits, players choice games were) Not sure if it's YMMV, but it was the Burke, VA one.

The gameplay is really good - the problem is that there is too little of it to really notice.

They could have had a hit if they included all of the modes in a regular wrestling game, but they chose to be lazy and hope the girls would do all the sales.

I wouldn't pay more than $10

[quote name='Chaz Ashley']I saw this game in the 20 dollars and under section at Target (the part where all the greatest hits, Plat Hits, players choice games were) Not sure if it's YMMV, but it was the Burke, VA one.[/QUOTE]

Rang up 29.99 when I checked it out awhile ago.

[quote name='-Never4ever-']the funny part is that the gameplay is in fact as good as th graphics. Shame it lacks all modes of a reguluar SD! game. A solid choice for wrestling/fighting/perverted game fans.

For those not in the know, it uses a modified (IMO better) version of the SD! series's gameplay. Great fun, but it lacks serious replay value outside multi. An excellent pick for $20. Maybe kinda of scarce BTW (no EBs around me have it instock
).[/QUOTE]

yeah, im thinking about picking it up for $20 just because i rarely see it anywhere...and when it drops lower, im sure that the few copies around will vanish

[quote name='The Successful Dropout']yeah, im thinking about picking it up for $20 just because i rarely see it anywhere...and when it drops lower, im sure that the few copies around will vanish[/QUOTE]
I have no trouble finding it. Every store from Toys R Us to Gamestop to Best Buy around here has it.

Its actually a pretty fun game. I love wrestling, but have hated every current gen wrestling game that has came out, but this one was the exeption. You can't beat it for $15 after GGC at Best buy.

[quote name='Santurio']Is it worth the $20? or should I wait a little bit more?[/QUOTE]
It's still about $25 too expensive. It's awful

I didn't think it was THAT bad -- i'm not typically into wrestling games and I picked this up a while ago; it's certainly far from being great, but it's a decent game. Konami worked with Yukes so the fighting system is similar to WWE titles.

The biggest gripe I have with this is that the gameplay has a few bugs in it and the special moves lack any depth -- it's essentially press a button and watch an animated sequence.

While many reviews rip at the storyline, it's actually got a ridculously campy feel to it. In fact, the whole game does. So long as you don't go into the game expecting something serious, you'll have fun.

bread's done
Back