Rumor: Fall Update Coming BEFORE Sept. 7th

[quote name='Metalic']Funny thing is the new tard pack is the premium and elite. Consider buying the arcade then the HD packs that will be available in November at a $100-$150 pricepoint (60gig-120gig with extras) it essentially makes buying the arcade then the HD a better option.

This is fucked up yet funny at the same time.

So with this in mind you have.

$200 Arcade with HDMI + $150 120 gig = $350 and you have the extras of the HD bundle
$300 premium with the 60 gig and you will have no extras.
$400 Elite with 120 gig HD and you will have no extras.
(Of course all units now have HDMI)

While you could argue the Black finish is well worth the extra $50 in the end the arcade seems to pull through as the best value if you could wait till november :)[/quote]

The black finish is worth a small premium but you forgot to mention that the Elite (unlike other packages), comes with an HDMI cable and audio adapter (for which microsoft charges $50). HDMI cables can be found for ~$10 online, but if you need the audio adapter, the Microsoft one is the only choice (unless you want to hack up a $30 hdav cable).

saw The New Xbox Experience at PAX08 hosted by Major Nelson this past weekend and it was great. the whole presentation is up on youtube.

That's a nice Xbox360 sign. :lol: Seriously who shot that vid? Looks like some redneck from Kansas trying to capture a tornado on their full size VHS camcorder.

[quote name='Corvin']That's a nice Xbox360 sign. :lol: Seriously who shot that vid? Looks like some redneck from Kansas trying to capture a tornado on their full size VHS camcorder.[/QUOTE]

It is because video was not permitted so it's not like he really could blatantly shoot this.

[quote name='D4rkewolfe']It is because video was not permitted so it's not like he really could blatantly shoot this.[/quote]

yup, exactly. they had a big sign that of course said "NO FILMING".

Major Nelson even had to tell Flynn from GayGamer to stop filming!

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='kevzik']199 360 + Netflix = win

Let it be.[/QUOTE]

really be more then 199 since you will need a hard drive to watch netflix movies i think ...

Also dont count on netflix anytime soon. When i had a problem with a code i got off ebay , a worker said it will probally be around Halloween (more like thanksgiving or even xmas) before netflix hits xbox

something about the have a contract that makes the stand alone NETFLIX TV BOX is the only thing that can be out for so long.

it would be nice if it would come out sooner but dont count on it

[quote name='Kaijufan']The video glockant mentioned:[/quote]

Very nice. One of my favorite things to do now is get in a private chat and just play whatever Arcade game I want while still being able to chat with a friend - with up to eight in a party now that's gonna be so much better. Glad to see they mentioned we'd be able to keep our themes - never really doubted it since that would've caused all manners of flaming from people who bought a lot of em.

They didn't mention it in there - I'm assuming since it isn't really part of the 'Xbox Experience' so much...but they are for sure including 16:10 ratios now right? Monitor I'm using now is 1440x900 and I'd love to finally have support for that instead of blahx768 or something strange they've been giving me now.

[quote name='slidecage']really be more then 199 since you will need a hard drive to watch netflix movies i think ...

[/QUOTE]

I don't think you need a HDD, but you will need to have a GOLD subscription.

[quote name='doubledown']I don't think you need a HDD, but you will need to have a GOLD subscription.[/QUOTE]

Yep, no HDD needed as it's just streaming video. The Netflix Roku box you can buy has no HDD either.

You just need a 360, any Netflix plan and a Xbox Live Gold account.

And for the other guy, of course it won't hit the Xbox until Thanksgiving or so. It's part of the fall update that is scheduled to come out in November.

[quote name='dmaul1114']Yep, no HDD needed as it's just streaming video. The Netflix Roku box you can buy has no HDD either.

You just need a 360, any Netflix plan and a Xbox Live Gold account.

And for the other guy, of course it won't hit the Xbox until Thanksgiving or so. It's part of the fall update that is scheduled to come out in November.[/QUOTE]

thought you needed a HDD to take it online though. i be shocked if they would allow you to enter a live account but have no way to get online

[quote name='slidecage']thought you needed a HDD to take it online though. i be shocked if they would allow you to enter a live account but have no way to get online[/QUOTE]

Take what online? The Xbox 360? You don't need a HDD to get on line.

[quote name='slidecage']thought you needed a HDD to take it online though. i be shocked if they would allow you to enter a live account but have no way to get online[/quote]
I'm pretty sure you can keep live profiles on memory cards.

I thought someone else said in another topic you need a HDD to take the system on line.

I said i could pick up an arcade model for 199 and then do the netflix deal... a person said sorry but you need a HDD to take the system online to get the netflix

The think with Netflix is buffering/caching of the video...i'm fairly certain you would need at least 512MB to cache the video in order to fast forward/rewind. Then again, they might be able to load all of that into the 480-ish MB left...

The system has internal memory. I forget how much but it is a small amount. The OS and dash updates have to be stored somewhere for Arcade users.

[quote name='SynGamer']The think with Netflix is buffering/caching of the video...i'm fairly certain you would need at least 512MB to cache the video in order to fast forward/rewind. Then again, they might be able to load all of that into the 480-ish MB left...[/QUOTE]

called netflix and they said they do not know if you will need a HDD for the service or not. They hope to release it Late fall (think between thanksgiving and xmas) they could not give more info then that

If i knew i could just use the arcade for 199 that would rock since i would mostly just use the xbox to watch netflix on the tv and play single player games (then maybe add a HDD later on)

[quote name='Corvin']The system has internal memory. I forget how much but it is a small amount. The OS and dash updates have to be stored somewhere for Arcade users.[/quote]
I know each Xbox 360 Arcade has at least a 64MB (or is it 256MB?) memory card...so i'm sure that is where the updates and such are stored. I can't find anything about the internal memory.

Did you know our system update package is only 7MB in size? Or that the entire 360 O/S resides on a tiny 16MB filesystem and when running it is only given 32MB of system memory?

Source

[quote name='chasemurata']*rocks back and forth in rocking chair, pelts passersby with prunes*

Back in my days our 360s came with a fifteen mile long wired controller -- and we had no middle SKU. We had 20 and 120 gigabytes and we liked it![/quote]

What? Since the introduction of the Elite there was a middle SKU. And the ones with HDDs always came with wireless controllers. I don't get it...

Sucks that there is no update today. I was looking forward to it. Hoping this one would be the one to RRoD my system and hopefully get my 360 back with an HDMI cord on it.

[quote name='Kendal']What? Since the introduction of the Elite there was a middle SKU. And the ones with HDDs always came with wireless controllers. I don't get it...

Sucks that there is no update today. I was looking forward to it. Hoping this one would be the one to RRoD my system and hopefully get my 360 back with an HDMI cord on it.[/QUOTE]

lol everytime i see your avatar it looks like he got his ding ding caught in his zipper

[quote name='Monsta Mack']The launch units didn't come with a wireless, the core unit anyways. I think the Pro's came with a wireless.[/quote]

pro's were wireless, cores were not

[quote name='KingBroly']The problem with that is that the majority of 360 owners only have the 20gb HDD, meaning it'll fall into Wii territory, except with a cost solution. But how many people are willing to upgrade their hard drive?[/quote]

it wouldn't be a problem is microsoft used laptop HDD that way people wouldn't have to fucking spend nearly $200 for a 120gb.

And yeah I gave up on watching regular DVDs on the 360 the fan gets too crazy.

bread's done
Back