Rumor: Metal Gear Solid HD trilogy coming to PS3

gbpackers94

CAGiversary!
Feedback
13 (100%)
An HD reworking of the original Metal Gear Solid trilogy is on the way to PS3, according to 'insider whispers' heard by the ears of the UK's Official PlayStation Magazine.

In the mag's new issue, in stores now, it reports that Snake is "in the facelift queue", and that the "first three" MGS games are set to be reborn in High Definition.
link

fuck. yes.

Hopefully they include the additional content from Substance and Subsistence. I'd love to get the MSX games and the outtakes from the latter.

[quote name='Organization_XIII']And yet still no Ratchet and Clank trilogy[/QUOTE]

Well, that is a Sony thing and they already have Ico/SotC on the horizon. It will come.

This doesnt surprise me 1 bit.

They will have more HD remakes.

Makes you wonder if the BC had something to do with it.

Y make your BC console when you can make $ selling remakes.

[quote name='nddave']This doesnt surprise me 1 bit.

They will have more HD remakes.

Makes you wonder if the BC had something to do with it.

Y make your BC console when you can make $ selling remakes.[/QUOTE]

So true kinda a rip if u have a BC PS3 but all games on 1 disc and in HD aint bad. Maybe some good can come off this by reviatilize dead franchises and making $ to get new games a la MVC3 and dev. teams to take more chances.

Hell, it sucks rebuying this shit. But, it is nicer giving these franchise better playability and more longevity for newcomers/collecters imo, and all on one disc.

Awesome.

I didn't like the idea of re-buying games at first, but playing them on my big screen in HD glory has made me not give a shit about Sony taking my money for the same games.

More please:
GTA3 Trilogy + Liberty/Vice City Stories
Zone of the Enders 1+2
Devil May Cry Trilogy

Considering I've never beaten any of the games...this would be great for me.

[quote name='blindinglights']Awesome.

I didn't like the idea of re-buying games at first, but playing them on my big screen in HD glory has made me not give a shit about Sony taking my money for the same games.

More please:
Zone of the Enders 1+2
Devil May Cry Trilogy[/QUOTE]

Technically the games are better. Better framerate and better resolution. I'll pay for those two items right there.

More please:
Zone of the Enders 1+2

Technically the games are better. Better framerate and better resolution. I'll pay for those two items right there.

[quote name='Chuplayer']If you didn't jizz in your pants, you have no soul.[/QUOTE]
I've tried them all and could not stand any of them.

More please:
Zone of the Enders 1+2
The GTA one is about the only one I'd really want, since it seems that Sony is likely never going to even half consider BC in any form ever again since they're making too much money selling remakes and collections.:roll:

[quote name='Organization_XIII']Will they be using Gamecube's The Twin Snakes or the original pixilated PS1 version?[/QUOTE]

Of course they'll be using the PS1 version. The GC version was on a nintendo system and developed by another developer. I like the GC version a lot more then the original PS1 version. Everything was updated to MGS2 style game play.

In any case, I hope they run the PS2 versions on an engine comparable to MGS4.

[quote name='Chuplayer']If you didn't jizz in your pants, you have no soul.[/QUOTE]

k121908_jizzinmypants.jpg

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']I've tried them all and could not stand any of them.

The GTA one is about the only one I'd really want, since it seems that Sony is likely never going to even half consider BC in any form ever again since they're making too much money selling remakes and collections.:roll:[/QUOTE]

What would happen with the licensed music in those GTA games? When Sega re-released Crazy Taxi on XBLA they had to change the music because the license to use those songs have long expired. I wonder if it's a similar deal with the GTA games. Not having the original soundtracks would hurt the enjoyment for me significantly.

Awesome if true.

I personally LOVE these remakes as the remade product always looks better on a HDTV than the PS2 version. At first I was disappointed that the PS3 didn't have full BC, but then I actually played some PS2 games on my HDTV... not pretty.

Wonder what I should do with my sealed PS2 version of MGS collection...

[quote name='Rozz']What would happen with the licensed music in those GTA games? When Sega re-released Crazy Taxi on XBLA they had to change the music because the license to use those songs have long expired. I wonder if it's a similar deal with the GTA games. Not having the original soundtracks would hurt the enjoyment for me significantly.[/QUOTE]

Rockstar isn't Sega. If they want they can reacquire the license for those music.

[quote name='62t']Rockstar isn't Sega. If they want they can reacquire the license for those music.[/QUOTE]

Would they have to repay for all of the music again though from the various labels and such? That probably would cost a pretty penny, no? I'd assume they would want to release these collections to make a quick buck.

This is awesome news. I have a BC PS3, but I'll re-buy this without a thought just to play them again upscaled in HD and to (finally!) have trophy support in MGS.

Took 'em long enough to port the Metal Gear Solid: Triology over to PS3.

It's still fake until I see members of Kojima Productions talk about it, preferably Hideo Kojima himself.

[quote name='Rozz']What would happen with the licensed music in those GTA games? When Sega re-released Crazy Taxi on XBLA they had to change the music because the license to use those songs have long expired. I wonder if it's a similar deal with the GTA games. Not having the original soundtracks would hurt the enjoyment for me significantly.[/QUOTE]
Not sure. Although I only really liked Vice City and San Andreas out of the true PS2 GTA games and I don't even count the Stories ones cuz those were ported over from PSP:roll:.

How about releasing MGS4: Redundance or whatever the expansion is gonna be called, with trophy support? First things first HidKoj.

Well these don't excite me as much because I don't want to be looking at PSone graphics. If the game was remolded or the HD somehow made it look DRASTICALLY better, then I'd get more excited.

Count me in as a sucker for these remakes. I have them all so far and will buy this one along with ICO/SOTC that is coming. But I would rather have Ratchet and Clank and Jak and Daxter first. And GTA3/Vice City/San Andreas would be preferable, however I dont know they would want to license the music again?

For Twin Snakes they didn't use the same voice actors for Mei Ling or Natasha, I think we would be getting the inferior voices sadly if they redid it. That's really the only thing I didn't like about Twin Snakes, was that they changed the voice actors. If it really is a case that the other developer couldn't source the same actors, fine but they really were terrible compared to the original MGS voice cast. If they use the PSX version, kept the same voice actors, that'd be awesome because you only spoke to Mei Ling or Natasha over the CODEC.

[quote name='Sk']Of course they'll be using the PS1 version. The GC version was on a nintendo system and developed by another developer. I like the GC version a lot more then the original PS1 version. Everything was updated to MGS2 style game play.

In any case, I hope they run the PS2 versions on an engine comparable to MGS4.[/QUOTE]

Konami did like 40 percent of TTS and Silicon Knights did like 60 according to an interview that was done with Gamespy back in the day. I would love to see some deal worked out so that it would be playable in this new trilogy. I don't have much hope, but it would be nice.

[quote name='IRHari']How about releasing MGS4: Redundance or whatever the expansion is gonna be called, with trophy support? First things first HidKoj.[/QUOTE]

I have never heard a thing about them doing that with 4.

Don't really need it either, Rather have Rising and the HD Collection.

[quote name='wrencrest']Count me in as a sucker for these remakes. I have them all so far and will buy this one along with ICO/SOTC that is coming. But I would rather have Ratchet and Clank and Jak and Daxter first. And GTA3/Vice City/San Andreas would be preferable, however I dont know they would want to license the music again?[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I hate to say it but I'm enjoying these HD ports too. Some are just great games that deserve to be replayed while others are games I missed the first time around so I get a second chance to play them. If true, I wonder how they'll handle the original MGS. Maybe they'll use Twin Snakes?

Completely different game but I'm also interested in seeing how the Tomb Raider Collection turns out... the game's will supposedly look better than they do on the Xbox, according to Ubisoft. Too bad Underworld won't get the DLC.

[quote name='Vinny']Yeah, I hate to say it but I'm enjoying these HD ports too. Some are just great games that deserve to be replayed while others are games I missed the first time around so I get a second chance to play them. If true, I wonder how they'll handle the original MGS. Maybe they'll use Twin Snakes?

Completely different game but I'm also interested in seeing how the Tomb Raider Collection turns out... the game's will supposedly look better than they do on the Xbox, according to Ubisoft. Too bad Underworld won't get the DLC.[/QUOTE]

Wait, Ubisoft? Not Square Enix? Did Ubisoft acquire Tomb Raider?

[quote name='thelonepig']The real story here is that there is a game out there that Chuplayer doesn't hate.[/QUOTE]

I like a lot of games. I just don't like games that suck.

[quote name='Vinny']Yeah, I hate to say it but I'm enjoying these HD ports too. Some are just great games that deserve to be replayed while others are games I missed the first time around so I get a second chance to play them. If true, I wonder how they'll handle the original MGS. Maybe they'll use Twin Snakes?

Completely different game but I'm also interested in seeing how the Tomb Raider Collection turns out... the game's will supposedly look better than they do on the Xbox, according to Ubisoft. Too bad Underworld won't get the DLC.[/QUOTE]

Wait, Ubisoft? Not Square Enix? Did Ubisoft acquire Tomb Raider?

[quote name='Sk']Of course they'll be using the PS1 version. The GC version was on a nintendo system and developed by another developer. I like the GC version a lot more then the original PS1 version. Everything was updated to MGS2 style game play.

In any case, I hope they run the PS2 versions on an engine comparable to MGS4.[/QUOTE]

I hated the Matrix style cutscenes in the remake. Made the game too goofy.

[quote name='anotherpoorgamer']Now do Silent Hill series.[/QUOTE]

This, missed pretty much the whole series on PS2. I would buy an HD remake set to catch up. Heard good things.

On topic I would buy the trilogy remake if they revamped it instead of just boosting the graphics. Waiting on the first reviews to see how it pans out. Great news though for those who never got to play them originally.

[quote name='4tygames']Wait, Ubisoft? Not Square Enix? Did Ubisoft acquire Tomb Raider?[/QUOTE]

Sorry, my mistake. I was thinking of PoP when I was talking about TR. You're right, Square Enix.

[quote name='BackInBlack']Hell, it sucks rebuying this shit. But, it is nicer giving these franchise better playability and more longevity for newcomers/collecters imo, and all on one disc.[/QUOTE]

Never played any of the Metal Gears, so this is a welcome surprise. I'm actually quite surprised how many of the PS2 remakes I haven't played (Sly, God of War, Metal Gear Solid, even the Prince of Persia's).

bread's done
Back