*RUMOR* Sony Moving Away from Cell-Based PS4

[quote name='Thomas96']you got the military using the PS3 due to its cell, and the medical researchers were using it for the "folding at home program" The issue isn't the chip, Sony needs to do something to make it easier for the developers. Even if Sony does decide to move away from the cell processor, before long we'll end up seeing another system using a simliar type chip.[/QUOTE]

IBM also used the CELL (in a hybrid setup) to create the #1 supercomputer as of 2008 I believe. First to sustain petaflops...

As for developers, I believe Naughty Dog shared a lot of what they learned with Uncharted 2 with other first party developers and possibly some third party as well.

[quote name='CoffeeEdge']The simple response is this: Valve does what the fuck they want and doesn't afraid of anything. And ultimately, people whining about Valve games being on 360 and not being on PS3 is so stupid anyways. I cannot imagine playing L4D or TF2 on a fucking gamepad, or being matched mostly against people who are using them. As someone who owns every single game Valve has ever made, for PC, that is an ghastly thought.

Uh, the ad campaign alone cost 2.5 times that much.[/QUOTE]
What the hell is this? Facts and links? This is a videogame forum man! I thought we were supposed to just call each other horrible obscenities and make fart noises with our mouth?
PC master race, brother

[quote name='SynGamer']IBM also used the CELL (in a hybrid setup) to create the #1 supercomputer as of 2008 I believe. First to sustain petaflops...

As for developers, I believe Naughty Dog shared a lot of what they learned with Uncharted 2 with other first party developers and possibly some third party as well.[/QUOTE]

If anybody knows how to use the PS3's processing power, it's Naughty Dog. Everybody else needs to get on board.

[quote name='sotc1988']What the hell is this? Facts and links? This is a videogame forum man! I thought we were supposed to just call each other horrible obscenities and make fart noises with our mouth?
PC master race, brother
[/QUOTE]

Actually it's filthy 360 gaming heathens, GLORIOUS PC GAMING MASTER RACE

[quote name='sotc1988']PC master race, brother[/QUOTE]
[quote name='Paco']Actually it's filthy 360 gaming heathens, GLORIOUS PC GAMING MASTER RACE[/QUOTE]

This thread is so fucking retarded.

bread's done
Back