Rumor: Team Ico's next game is The Queen?

FriskyTanuki

CAGiversary!
Feedback
36 (100%)
http://www.joystiq.com/2008/09/13/team-ico-reveals-the-queen-all-bow-down/

The third project from the "Olympic Team" behind both Shadow of the Colossus and Ico looks like might make its long anticipated reveal next month at the 2008 Tokyo Game Show. What appears to be a newly launched TGS teaser website calls the game ICO 3 The Queen, adding that Japanese PS3 owners will be able to yank the title off store shelves on October 9, 2009.

Given the name, as well as the site's reuse of the original game's logo, it remains unclear if the title will be any sort of direct follow up to the original Ico or another stand alone project, but whatever the case we cannot wait to find out more once TGS gets underway.

Edit: As some have pointed out, the site's validity is suspect, meaning we now wait until next month's TGS to see if in fact the next game from Team ICO will make an appearance or simply break our hearts.
Whether this is true or false, I hope at least something about their next game is announced between now and TGS.

Official cover art released!

The_Queen_movie.jpg

I am down for what ever Team ICO has to offer. Ico was/is great.

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']sorry but the game got a name change and new cover

bigmommashouse2poster.jpg
[/quote]

*takes broach to eyes*

[/oedipus]

:cold:

i wonder what time period it will be set in. considering the 2nd game was a prequel then could the queen from the first ico ?

[quote name='smiggity']Here is the reveal[/quote]
Wait, so someone is going to start printing a magazine devoted to Ico and Shadow of the Colossus? How much is there to say about just two years-old games, that would sustain a magazine?

[quote name='ducttapeBigSexy']Is it just me, or does it sound like 2009 is going to be the year PS3 really steals 360's thunder?[/quote]
Don't start this shit again

[quote name='ducttapeBigSexy']Again? When did I previously bad mouth 360?[/quote]
Never as far as I know. I'm trying to nip the whole 'year of PS3' thing in the bud. Ironically I am selling my 360 tomorrow evening so that I can pick up a PS3. The upcoming PSN content is just too hot for me to hold out.

Back on topic, I doubt Team Ico's project will release this year in the states.

[quote name='KingBroly']So...wasn't Shadow of the Colossus a prequel to Ico?[/QUOTE]
Yeah it was, but neither game has very much plot so there isn't very much to tie them together.

bread's done
Back