Rumor:Tekken 6 coming to the 360?

apokalipze2

CAGiversary!
Feedback
26 (100%)
The rumours about PS3-exclusive games that might also come to Xbox 360 keep on coming. After recent messages about Devil May Cry 4 and Metal Gear Solid 4, this time it's Tekken 6 whose exclusivity is taken into doubt.

According to "sources within IGN" (the same source who said VF5 would come to Xbox 360) Namco is currently working on a Xbox 360 version of Tekken 6, that would appear winter 2007, just short after the PS3-version.

Is Tekken 6 the next exclusive Sony is going to lose and where will it stop? Will Sony have any exclusive important franchises left at the end of 2007?

Here's hoping it turns out to be true. I want to be able to play Tekken 6 online:drool:

I want it to happen but can't see it happening. If it does come over to the 360, then it's mandatory that the 360 gets a Tekken arcade stick. Every Tekken released has had an arcade stick going along with it... plus, Tekken is very d-pad heavy, and the d-pad for the 360 sucks too much ass.

This sucks!

Why the hell did I buy a PS3. First VF5 and now Tekken 6 (the system seller for me). If this gets 100% confirmed, I think I'm gonna sell my PS3 (not joking).

The main reason why you'll want the game for a certain system may split the hardcore players...

PS3= Superior Control (plus the ability to use PS2 arcade sticks on the PS3)

360= Online play

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']The main reason why you'll want the game for a certain system may split the hardcore players...

360= Online play[/QUOTE]

They will no doubt release a Tekken stick for 360. Not to mention the slight amount of SixAxis lag that is supposed to exist.

Plus, w/ the adaptors coming out (one is already out and more are in the pipeline) you will be able to use your PS2 sticks on the 360.

Argh... who wants a 20 GB PS3 w/ Resistance, Superman Returns on Blu-Ray and Talledegga Nights on Blu-Ray?

It might just be a rumored powerplay a la Konami and MGS4.

Saying that, I wouldn't be surprised if the Namco title is actually the new Ace Combat.

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']I want it to happen but can't see it happening. If it does come over to the 360, then it's mandatory that the 360 gets a Tekken arcade stick. Every Tekken released has had an arcade stick going along with it... plus, Tekken is very d-pad heavy, and the d-pad for the 360 sucks too much ass.[/quote]

You're right, the 360 controller does suck for fighters/d-pad heavy games but I'm sure there will be alternatives and third party controllers that will fill the void that's there right now once some games of that nature start coming out. Right now there isn't much need for a 360 controller with a decent DPad.

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']The main reason why you'll want the game for a certain system may split the hardcore players...

360= Online play[/quote]

Not necessarily. If they fuck up six axis gameplay with the controller than it would kill the game. I could see using the PS3's six axis for dodges/roll outs/parrys in the game, but there is supposedly lag associated with the controller. I'm just waiting for a good Logitech controller for 360 that is wireless and I'll be happy. I actually enjoy their PS2 controller more than the official PS2 controller.

3rd party controllers for the 360 are rare as hell.. most likely due to rules with the wireless... I just want a decent 3rd party controller that dosn't suck... give me some 360 SF ones or something. Even though people will disagree, the d-pad on the 360 is worse than the PSP's...

if T6 goes to 360, that means it would have the 3 main fighting games (DOA, VF, and tekken). But in same vein, I could see DOA going to PS3 if it happens.

[quote name='akilshohen']if T6 goes to 360, that means it would have the 3 main fighting games (DOA, VF, and tekken). But in same vein, I could see DOA going to PS3 if it happens.[/QUOTE]

Ninja Gaiden is part of the DoA storyline and franchise ever since its release on the original Xbox, so in a way DoA is already on the PS3.

I'd love for this to happen.

Let's not get to worked up over Live capablities though. I'm hoping both Tekken and Virtua Fighter have online mulitplayer but I'm not getting my panties twisted in a bunch if it's just downloadable ghosts.

While I really don't care about Tekken, it's always good to see more and more PS3 exclusives come to 360. Unfortunately my most wanted PS3 game (Untitled Naughty Dog game) will never come to 360 since Sony owns the developer.

[quote name='akilshohen']if T6 goes to 360, that means it would have the 3 main fighting games (DOA, VF, and tekken). But in same vein, I could see DOA going to PS3 if it happens.[/quote]
Actually DOA is technically considered a sub-division (ala the BCS) for fighter or a second tier fighter. The top 3 main fighters are actually Tekken, Soul Calibur, and Virtua Fighter.

SF is top tier as well and probably still the number 1/2 fighter out there in general, but probably numero uno 2d-wise.

man, if soul caliber went on the 360 i might just get one with a super duper warrinte though. dont trust 360 hardware at all.

[quote name='hiccupleftovers']Actually DOA is technically considered a sub-division (ala the BCS) for fighter or a second tier fighter. The top 3 main fighters are actually Tekken, Soul Calibur, and Virtua Fighter.

SF is top tier as well and probably still the number 1/2 fighter out there in general, but probably numero uno 2d-wise.[/QUOTE]

I don't know that you can say it "technically" is considered a second tier or sub-division fighter, considering it is just opinion.

However, I agree that it isn't a top tier fighter.

Just for the record, this is IMO

Top tier fighters = Street Fighter, Tekken, VF, King of Fighters, Guilty Gear, Capcom vs games (CvS2, MvC2, XvSF)

Second Tier = DOA, Melty Blood, Spectral vs Generation, Lots of SNK series (Garou, AoF, Last Blade, Sam Sho etc..), Lots of Capcom series (Darkstalkers, Capcom Fighting Evolution, Pocket Fighter, Star Gladiator etc...)

[quote name='jimfoley16']I don't know that you can say it "technically" is considered a second tier or sub-division fighter, considering it is just opinion.

However, I agree that it isn't a top tier fighter.

Just for the record, this is IMO

Top tier fighters = Street Fighter, Tekken, VF, King of Fighters, Guilty Gear, Capcom vs games (CvS2, MvC2, XvSF)

Second Tier = DOA, Melty Blood, Spectral vs Generation, Lots of SNK series (Garou, AoF, Last Blade, Sam Sho etc..), Lots of Capcom series (Darkstalkers, Capcom Fighting Evolution, Pocket Fighter, Star Gladiator etc...)[/quote]

Sure it's an opinion, but pretty much any fighting game enthusiast and those that play fighters will agree with me that DOA isn't considered top teir.

I can agree with your list for top tier and second tier fighters, but I would move Last Blade to Top Tier and add Samurai Showdown to top tier. The rest is pretty much perfect.

[quote name='hiccupleftovers']Sure it's an opinion, but pretty much any fighting game enthusiast and those that play fighters will agree with me that DOA isn't considered top teir.

I can agree with your list for top tier and second tier fighters, but I would move Last Blade to Top Tier and add Samurai Showdown to top tier. The rest is pretty much perfect.[/QUOTE]

He was generalizing... it's inhuman to be perfect ;)

[quote name='A Happy Panda']This is all well and good....but Capcom, where's Street Fighter 4 damnit?![/quote]
The same place Chinese Democracy and Duke Nukem Forever are at

[quote name='jimfoley16']T
Plus, w/ the adaptors coming out (one is already out and more are in the pipeline) you will be able to use your PS2 sticks on the 360.
[/quote] They need to make affordable ones. The only one avaliable is $79 (And I need 2 for my 2 joysticks). However, that one does let you use Mice+Keyboard (Which I don't need whatsoever.).

Once they make an affordable PS2->360 converter, then I will download SF2:HF and buy T6 and VF5.

[quote name='hiccupleftovers']The same place Chinese Democracy and Duke Nukem Forever are at[/QUOTE]

Chinese Democracy comes out in March. ;)

[quote name='CaseyRyback']Chinese Democracy comes out in March. ;)[/quote]

I thought it was supposed to be at the end of this year. And still, I won't believe it until I see it.

[quote name='hiccupleftovers']Actually DOA is technically considered a sub-division (ala the BCS) for fighter or a second tier fighter. The top 3 main fighters are actually Tekken, Soul Calibur, and Virtua Fighter.

SF is top tier as well and probably still the number 1/2 fighter out there in general, but probably numero uno 2d-wise.[/QUOTE]
well I was meaning the main hand to hand combat 3-d fighters. SC is in the same category, but it has weapons and it's releases have been as consistent as the other 3.

It will be out whe the new movie comes out:applause:

[quote name='A Happy Panda']This is all well and good....but Capcom, where's Street Fighter 4 damnit?![/quote]

Honestly it's more like (IMO):

S-Tier: VF4
A-Tier: SC, Tekken, SF, SSBM, the other VF games, other games mentioned already
B-Tier: SNK games, DOA series, others
C-Tier: WWE SD! Vs Raw series, DBZ series, Naruto, pretty much any good licensed fighting game, Bloody Roar

[quote name='A Happy Panda']This is all well and good....but Capcom, where's Street Fighter 4 damnit?![/QUOTE]

I'd rather not see another SF game, we have SIX awesome games, with countless versions of said games. Unless SF4 is where SF goes 3-D and doesn't suck, I'd rather have something different.

Pleeeeeease come out with a controller with a decent dpad, I really dont want to spend a crap ton on a joystick =[

Huh? Isnt' there supposed to be 75 million PS3's sold by 2010 ? ;)

But seriously at this rate I'm willing to wait for the PS3 to hit $200 (many many years) if they keep dropping exclusives. You buy a system for exclusives, and Sony isn't winning that next gen war right now.

Wii for the controller and Nintendo titles.
MS for great third party support (as of now, next gen) and online.
PS3 for Blue Ray?

[quote name='-Never4ever-']Honestly it's more like (IMO):

S-Tier: VF4
A-Tier: SC, Tekken, SF, SSBM, the other VF games, other games mentioned already
B-Tier: SNK games, DOA series, others
C-Tier: WWE SD! Vs Raw series, DBZ series, Naruto, pretty much any good licensed fighting game, Bloody Roar

I'd rather not see another SF game, we have SIX awesome games, with countless versions of said games. Unless SF4 is where SF goes 3-D and doesn't suck, I'd rather have something different.[/QUOTE]

I don't think you can lump all of SNK's games together. A lot of their stuff is definitely B or C tier stuff... but I'd put something like KOF XI or Garou at least at A-tier. Hell, probably S-tier. Pointless argument though I suppose.

bread's done
Back