Rumored iPhone might become a bit more interesting.......

Prepster

CAGiversary!
Feedback
31 (100%)
Yeah so my title blew, but I searched and couldn't find anything on this...
iPhone Rumored to Play 'World of Warcraft'

By: Levi Buchanan
For: IGN
When Steve Jobs pulled the bombshell iPhone from his pocket at last month's Macworld, the tech sector froze in its tracks to marvel. Potentially nothing short of lightning in a bottle, the iPhone is staged to revolutionize the handset world with its sleek touch-screen technology, powerful processor, and deep storage. Touted as a portable Mac, the iPhone has the potential to play games far more complex than current cellphones.

And according to iPhone World, the handset is primed to run the most popular PC game of the last two years: 'World of Warcraft.' The website relies on a tipster that is kept anonymous, but claims to have intimate knowledge of the iPhone's development, including its gaming capabilities.

This excerpt comes from the site:

I tried to get more on WOW but all I could get was, "Steve goes big and WOW is as big as they come when it comes to on-line games."

Should the rumor pan out, this qualifies as that oft-bandied (and oft-maligned) term "megaton." We'll see if any of the site's rumors pan out, including riffs on the Video iPod and games on AppleTV. Even if this proves ultimately false, there is certainly something to be said for the success coming to first handset manufacturer that crafts a phone capable of playing 'World of Warcraft.'

I wonder if their"informant" is joystiq lol. Thats the only excuse for something so incredibly full of BS.
Ill pull a Goering and eat my hat if it turns out to be true. (which it wont)

Although I can see it possibly running its own "version" of wow like some phones have games that are stripped down and simplified but nowhere near the original. Theres no way you will be able to play online with pc people.

[quote name='Strell']That's going to make it a lot easier for me to know who to punch in the face.

With my foot.[/quote]:lol:
But yeah, I don't know if I'll be able to restrain myself if I see some fat, pimply guy playing that shit whereever he goes.

Let's see, how much space does WoW take? About 4-5 gigs if I remember. The space and hardware requirements are not gonna be on the iPhone. For WoW to run well you need about a gig of RAM which the iPhone does not have. Also the control scheme can be nothing but horrible. WoW is only properly playable with a keyboard.

I can see it now , a bunch of Mac snobs [cult members] telling PC WOW players how superior Macs are .
Trouble is they'll be playing their games on a fucking phone . If this is even true .

[quote name='Dragonsbane']Umm isnt this a PC forum I believe that this falls in the realm of the mac[/QUOTE]

Lmfao and then could you please point me in the direction of the mac forum :roll:

bread's done
Back