RUN! All games BOG2FREE at RP on NOW!

gamer602

CAGiversary!
Feedback
7 (100%)
It is confirmed to be in the system when you buy three games, 2 will be free!

SOME STORE WILL NOT ALLOW you to PURCHASE. YMMV

>>>ALL USED NEW RELEASE GMAES ARE $39 OR LEss ;)

Picked up:
Enslaved
Mafia II
Castlevania
WWE 2011
Heavenly Sword
Battlefield Bad Company 2

This is in addition to the new game sale of up to 75% off. So, no, new games are not bog2f.

Just hit up the Woodbine Calgary store, where apparently the sale has been on for a few days now, so nothing much really left.
For PS3 (used) i saw the new naruto game, fist of the north star (x3) NBA2k11 (x3) and a few other older games (prototype, mk vs dc) but nothing much of note. For XBox (used), all I really saw of note was enslaved, otherwise there were a ton of wrestling games for both systems.

Not into sports games and didn't see anything else that caught my eye, so came up empty. meh

Apparently this store is closing in a month, so that really sucks, not that I rented games much, but it was nice having one a few blocks away if i wanted to. :(

Just went to jervis and davie in Vancouver. They blocked it this morning so it isn't "active" until 9am boxing day

Just came back from Oromocto

The place it absolutely stacked! I am not a hoarder so I only got 6 games, but this place is a goldmine. Easily 20 MOH, 20 AC Brotherhood, 20 Mafia 2,Smackdown vs Raw 11, Fallout NV and more for the PS3. And there are even more Xbox360 games, I didn't dig into those, but I counted roughly 40 copies of Halo Reach.

They also had the signs up for it already and it scans fine. I know there aren't many CAGer's in the Oromocto area but am posting this as a heads up anyways.

A lot of places are doing Boxing day sales before Xmas to take advantage of people doing last last last last final minute holiday shopping. After all, people will buy anything in a hurry. This may end up being an annual affair.

Great deal, but it's not worth the hassle of dealing with idiotic RP employees, and hoarders. I'd rather pay a bit more and buy online later tonight.

Hopefully there will be some decent titles leftover on Sunday afternoon. I have to work at 9, and that is when RP opens too.

I can't believe those RFD members. They are actually buying all good stocks across all stores. Some even going as far as taking all games from 3 different locations.
I just don't believe those kind of people.

[quote name='ejamer']Wow! Not going out, because my area is stacked with hoarders... but that's a great deal.[/QUOTE]

I have no money and there are no PS3 games I want anyway so let the hoarders have at it. I can't believe they are just giving away their games; I hope a few non-hoarders can get some games to play or to give as gifts.

SHAQ the hoarders. All of them.

Just came back with TatsuCap x PR: Guardian Signs x MPTrilogy, Chrono Triggr x Mario Strikers x DQ4, and ResofFate x Sacred 2 x Layton 3 for 25, 22, and 22 (last one with Star discount) respectively.

I know a lot of people will be happy with this haul.

I managed to get Castlevania: LoS, Naruto Ultimate Ninja Storm 2, and since there were no other $39.99 games, Tales of Vesperia. All for the 360.

This was at the Bloor/Royal York location in Toronto. People seemed to be coming and going there a lot for games, but when I left there was still one copy of Castlevania for the 360, several copies of Smackdown vs. Raw 2011 for 360 and PS3, Fist of the North Star for both, Need for Speed Shift, and Heavy Rain. Considering the number of people coming and going, your best bet is to rush to the store as soon as possible.

They had some other games as well like Bayonetta for the 360 and Halo ODST, but otherwise it wasn't too exciting.

I managed to come away with (all for the 360):

Halo Reach
Crackdown 2
Bayonetta
Dead Rising 2
Fable 3
Assassin's Creed Brotherhood
Splinter Cell
Blur
Kane & Lynch 2
Just Cause 2
Castlevania: LoS
Enslaved
Professor Layton: Unwound Future

Pretty amazing. I picked up a couple extras of a few games for friends, too. This is in Winnipeg, on McLoed.

Nice haul there Aquablak

I was able to pick up Castlevania, Ensalved and Halo Reach. I really wanted Fable 3 or Dead rising 2 but both were long gone.

For people still interested in this deal i got all three of those games at Rogers Plus at Westney. They had a ton of halo reach and a good number of Castlevania and Enslaved, also a couple copies of the new Guitar Hero (360).

I gotta figure out what to do with Halo Reach since i bought it at launch.

Thanks OP,

Just came back from McLeod location in Winnipeg, got:

Red Dead Redemption
Enslaved: Odyssey to the West
Kirby's Epic Yarn
Assassin's Creed Brotherhood
Halo Reach
Sin & Punishment: Star Successor
Crackdown 2
Resonance of Fate
Bayonetta

All for $124 with tax.

There were also multiple copies of Fallout: New Vegas, but I have yet to finish Fallout 3, so I passed.

I'm really not after any video games, so I'll be going on Boxing Day with the hope that the B1G2 applies to DVDs and possibly even Blu Rays, which would more or less complete my life.

[quote name='Aquablak']I managed to come away with (all for the 360):

Professor Layton: Unwound Future
[/QUOTE]

I wish. :)

[quote name='Azumangaman']I'm really not after any video games, so I'll be going on Boxing Day with the hope that the B1G2 applies to DVDs and possibly even Blu Rays, which would more or less complete my life.[/QUOTE]

Yep, I was able to get three movies in that deal. Also picked up six games ... easy Christmas shopping, glad this deal went live today!

[quote name='onemorechanc']Yep, I was able to get three movies in that deal. Also picked up six games ... easy Christmas shopping, glad this deal went live today![/QUOTE]

Oh man, I didn't think to look for BluRays!

A year ago a sale like this would have blown my mind. Now there are so many douche-bag hoarders in my area I didn't even contemplate trying. How sad is that?

*sigh* I'm too old for this sh*t...

[quote name='collector42']A year ago a sale like this would have blown my mind. Now there are so many douche-bag hoarders in my area I didn't even contemplate trying. How sad is that?

*sigh* I'm too old for this sh*t...[/QUOTE]

I kind of agree, seems the number of hoarders have increased by ten folds since I left to study abroad... :p We were near some RP's this afternoon but I choose not to even go look.

[quote name='collector42']A year ago a sale like this would have blown my mind. Now there are so many douche-bag hoarders in my area I didn't even contemplate trying. How sad is that?

*sigh* I'm too old for this sh*t...[/QUOTE]

this seriously, i heard some guy got 30 games from this deal and right away went to FS to trade them in for credit.

I did pretty well. Downtown location hadn't been hit by hoarders yet (saw a lot of other people grabbing games but no more than 6 or so) so I got some good stuff.

$39.99:
Mario Galaxy x 2
Fallout NV

$19.99:
Dead Space Extraction
No More Heroes 2
Mario Strikers Charged

Tons of Halo Reach and a few Fallout and SMG2 left. No CoD, ACB, etc. Of course that was a few hours ago so I'll bet it's all gone.

Then I went to Oak. That had been hoarded since there were holes on the rack the size of the sinkhole on Marine Drive. The copy of MPTrilogy I had seen a couple days ago was gone. :whistle2:(

$24.99:
Warioware Smooth Moves
Punch-Out

$19.99:
Tales of Symphonia DotNW

As long as you're buying games to play you should have little problems. It's the new releases that you have to worry about.

Wow, I think this is the first time I've made it out and had there still be some decent stock. In fact the only thing on my list I didn't find was CodBlops, and i didn't expect much there anyways:

Other M
Resident Evil 4 Wii
3D Dot Game Heroes
GoW3
Enslaved
Forgotten Sands
Spider-man:Shattered Dimensions
Bayonetta
The newest Scene It

All for just under $90. I'll take it.

[quote name='Lone_Prodigy']I did pretty well. Downtown location hadn't been hit by hoarders yet (saw a lot of other people grabbing games but no more than 6 or so) so I got some good stuff.

$39.99:
Mario Galaxy x 2
Fallout NV

$19.99:
Dead Space Extraction
No More Heroes 2
Mario Strikers Charged

Tons of Halo Reach and a few Fallout and SMG2 left. No CoD, ACB, etc. Of course that was a few hours ago so I'll bet it's all gone.

Then I went to Oak. That had been hoarded since there were holes on the rack the size of the sinkhole on Marine Drive. The copy of MPTrilogy I had seen a couple days ago was gone. :whistle2:(

$24.99:
Warioware Smooth Moves
Punch-Out

$19.99:
Tales of Symphonia DotNW

As long as you're buying games to play you should have little problems. It's the new releases that you have to worry about.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I went to 3 locations(arbutus, oak, and hastings), and called the granville location. Granville said they "weren't doing it yet".

This is what i got (all for 360):

Modern Warfare 2
assassins creed 2
fear 2
aliens vs. predator
Blazeblue
FIST OF THE NORTH STAR!
Rainbow 6 Vegas
Orange box
gears of war 2

all for around $100 bucks.

By far the arbutus location was the best. They had tons of games, on the wall and in bins, great service. The Oak location was OK, crap service (I thought the guy opening in hanger lock was going to have an aneurysm). HA!! I was there when that guy bought the last copy of MPTrilogy!!! Hastings has a decent amount of games, good service. I didn't bother with Jervis cause they have absolutely crap service, one of the worst locations in town. Those are my Vancouver finds, hope this helps!

Managed to grab. AC:B, Enslaved, and Mafia 2. Was hoping for Fable 3 instead of mafia but still can't complain.

edit: That was Jervis location. cheapdude299 is right about their poor service, I went at 10:30am and they told me they wouldn't start until boxing day. Good thing I called at 2ish just to be sure. They had lots of New Vegas and Enslaved for PS3 but I took the last Enslaved for 360(on the floor anyways).

Last edited by a moderator:
So how does this work exactly? You buy what kind of games to get BOG2FREE?
New? Used? Price Range? Other Restrictions?

and anything in particular that i have to do to get this offer?

I am hoping there aren't many hoarders in the Chatham area, since that is where I am for Christmas. Does anyone know what time RP opens on Boxing Day?

They are closed on Christmas.
Rogers Plus in Edmonton opens at 9am local time on Boxing Day, I assume most or all location in Canada are the same.

[quote name='telepathy']So how does this work exactly? You buy what kind of games to get BOG2FREE?

and anything in particular that i have to do to get this offer?[/QUOTE]

Buy 1 used game and get 2 free. Used games at rogers are at most 39.99 so you get another 2 game = or less than that. To get the best value you obviously look for 3 games priced at 39.99.

[quote name='telepathy']So how does this work exactly? You buy what kind of games to get BOG2FREE?

and anything in particular that i have to do to get this offer?[/QUOTE]

It's on all used games. Looked to me as though used games run from $4.99 to $39.99. You don't have to do anything to receive the offer; just pick your games and pay for them.

[quote name='Rabid']Managed to grab. AC:B, Enslaved, and Mafia 2. Was hoping for Fable 3 instead of mafia but still can't complain.

edit: That was Jervis location. cheapdude299 is right about their poor service, I went at 10:30am and they told me they wouldn't start until boxing day. Good thing I called at 2ish just to be sure. They had lots of New Vegas and Enslaved for PS3 but I took the last Enslaved for 360(on the floor anyways).[/QUOTE]

Funny story. I called the Oak location once I saw on RFD that the sale was on. The guy said the sale would start Boxing Day. I then called the downtown location and that guy was clueless on what sales were on.

However I had a game to return (SMG2, which I bought for $32.50 new but it'll be cheaper on BD) so I made the trip. Stood at the rack, then noticed a couple guys holding Halo Reach. They weren't hoarders, so where did the game come from? I then saw the red bins full of games, labeled B2G1F. Sweet.

I go return my game, and the CSR asks me why I'm returning it. I had already seen SMG2 in the bin so I said "it's cheaper elsewhere". :lol: (Side note, good thing I bought 2 copies. One had a water-damaged manual and marked disc.)

Since the sale was on I made the trek to the Oak location to also find the sale live (and the selection worse). Then I overhear the CSR telling each other about a guy who called them and asked about the BD sale, which made them call Arbutus, which made them put the sale on. :lol:

Thanks for the heads up, I scored:
Crackdown 2
Alan Wake
Spider-Man: Shattered Dimensions
Star Wars: Force Unleashed 2
Naruto Storm 2
Lego Star Wars 2
Lego Indy 2
Splinter Cell: Convicion
Up!
Hail to the Chimp
Circle of Room.

Got home and realized I totally forgot about Assassin's Creed Brotherhood, but it's probably for the best, I can't really think of anything else I would have wanted to get.

Bit late, I know, but RP employee here, in the GVRD.

Yes, it did start today, signage came in yesterday. Our Area Manager came in to let us know that the deal was starting today, yesterday, although my manager most likely already knew, since 4 or 5 of us were scheduled.

Also, the deal scanned up fine, however the instructions on RetailWeb were very very badly written, and vague.

I'm kinda glad my store puts rings on all of our games... next to 0 hoarders.

I can't believe I actually got in on this deal. Davie st (as of this afternoon) had a ton of Halo Reach left, a few Mafia 2, and I think I got the last Dead Rising 2. Thank you for posting this!!

bread's done
Back