RUN! All games BOG2FREE at RP on NOW!

gamer602

CAGiversary!
Feedback
7 (100%)
It is confirmed to be in the system when you buy three games, 2 will be free!

SOME STORE WILL NOT ALLOW you to PURCHASE. YMMV

>>>ALL USED NEW RELEASE GMAES ARE $39 OR LEss ;)

There was a surprising number of games available in Winnipeg; I was ready to go to every location but stopped after my first three (Pembina, Stafford & Grant), netting:

Force Unleashed 2 (PS3)
New Vegas (PS3)
Castlevania (PS3)
Dead Rising 2 (PS3)
MoH (PS3)
Mafia II (360)

Of course, I would've rather had all of them 360, but for $88 I'm not complaining. I just have to wait to play them until I get back to Ottawa, where my PS3 is. :p Also grabbed Split Second (360) new for $16 (75% off $65).

[quote name='kyle071785']anyone been to the Aurora location? I might swing by tomorrow but wondering it its worth it at this point[/QUOTE]

Haven't been to Aurora... Let me know if you see anything interesting... I went to Newmarket and heard 3 guys talking about redflagdeals one kept insisting he just shops for his collection. lol... made me laugh....that location was cleaned out but, they had some stuff like fist of the north star: Ken's rage... nothing overly great though.

St. Albert in Alberta is cleaned out completely. Many hoarders even grabbing up the junk left overs and speaking with the guys working there who they knew - arranging to get called when they sell off the rental games for the final clearance.

I overheard them saying that the final clearance of current rental games would be sold off at the end of January sometime. So expect another chance to get in on a good deal then.

Yeah, just came back from 52nd (Calgary) only 3 days after the sale went up (although I'm not sure if there was anything there worth while to begin with) and it's pretty much dead.

Games worth getting: Enslaved, No More Heroes 1 & 2, Spiderman: Shattered Dimensons, and Prince of Persia.

Or atleast that's what I thought was worth getting. The selection is slim, but somewhat plentiful - I imagine there's around 150 used games.

The place definitely looked like it was going under. Shame, because there are some attractive girls working there lolz but non the less, I took a look at the rentable games and I can see myself going back for when it finally goes.

The industry as far as retail is concerned is done. I don't feel for the loss of hard copy games, and what will inevitably be the end of my gaming adventure that's trailed all the way back to the 80s, quite as much as I do for the people that will lose their jobs in the process. No one to blame but this generation of gamers, I feel, and I suppose this generation of people that have taken advantage of the internet to bring down the industry.

Swung by the Davie location at lunch: everything with a high TIV was gone. Lots of stock though: 3 used game bins, 1 new game bin, plus the rack.

Sad thing is that I haven't bought or rented a DVD or Bluray since I got Netflix. Plus, selling those used games for super cheap can't be making those companies any money. I heard that cable delivery companies are negotiations with hollywood studios to have new movies available right when they hit theatres.

Blockbuster is already bankrupt in the states, I guess it's only a matter of time...

[quote name='Lone_Prodigy']Swung by the Davie location at lunch: everything with a high TIV was gone. Lots of stock though: 3 used game bins, 1 new game bin, plus the rack.[/QUOTE]

Not sure if this is an isolated incident or not, but it's worth posting:
Swung by Rogers today to look for some actual "keeper" (read: cheap) games and the Rogers I stopped at was just unloading 4-5 boxes of newly received used games for the promo. All the bins were completely restocked while I was there, with a good amount of trade fodder. Cash is tight right now so I only picked up one set of $40 games (yay, got my X11s), but lots left. Might be worth checking out at your local store, or at least calling to ask if they got a shipment.

[quote name='dancrane212']Just got back from the Rogers on Lower Sackville, they still had quite a few games for 360 left (lots of enslaved, Red Dead, Fallout NV, Dead Rising 2) not so much for PS3 and Wii. Lots of pretty good ps2 and Ds games as well.

Just a heads up if you are going down there. Their systems are all down so they can only take cash, the Irving beside them has an out of order ATM but the Esso down and across the street has a working RBC one.[/QUOTE]

what's sad is i called tonight and asked for some game titles for the PS3 and he said Wii was Slim Pickins but PS3 still has some life left going for it,

games mentioned

NBA 2k11
Enslaved
Fist OF The North Star
Lost Planet 2
Skate 3
Front Mission Evolved
WWE SVSR 2011

no Dead Rising 2 or Fallout:NV or Mafia 2 * shrugs * kinda sucks i didn't try earlier ..... oh well i got a few games i have yet to play but also the same time i am looking for the Playstation Move Standalone Controller.

Looked at one local RP and not much around though it never really had much from my memory before. Although I did notice that the rental shelves were beginning to look bare as well.

So as I said in another thread (or earlier in this one), I work at an RP store and I've noticed a couple of things:

X-mas eve: people who had no idea about the sale, who were stunned by the deal when I told them about it. I got to spend the whole day telling very happy customers what to get for themselves and their families for Christmas. Good day for customer service.

Now: A very large number of customers I have never seen before, predominately Asian males. One pair of guys came in on the phone asking about trade values or something while browsing. A pair yesterday came in with an iPad looking up trade values. Today we had enough, and my coworker and I put a 1 per customer limit on each game to conserve choice for other customers. People put up a fight, claiming 6 copies were for friends , buying one for each system, etc. I decided to call EB and BB to warn them, with these customers in the store :cool: I don't know who'll accept these discs with security rings on them though. They say our store name and number, and EB said they won't take any games with them on.

One pair camped out in the parking and phoned us asking what was on our PV pull list (game pulls are Wednesday), and kept asking at least 3 times. I made sure that there were security rings on the disc, the outer case and on the manual. Hate to be so obnoxious, but after people come in and buy 15 copies of Reach, I draw a solid line. There was at least one case of return fraud at another location, using a disc that was bought from my store (1 game returned for full price, when he bought 3 of the same game, then 3 more of another game right after). I recieved a lot of phone calls from people who had no idea where my store is.

This sale went from being a customer service dream, to a complete nightmare.

^ oh wow.

that really sucks :(

I work at a plaza which has a RP in it, I like walking in and just checking out the games and movies every so often. I think the employees there already know how I look like and I just feel so bad walking in and checking out their used games without buying anything.

[quote name='Xeph820']^ oh wow.

that really sucks :(

I work at a plaza which has a RP in it, I like walking in and just checking out the games and movies every so often. I think the employees there already know how I look like and I just feel so bad walking in and checking out their used games without buying anything.[/QUOTE]

They're probably just making sure you're not stealing :p Talk to them, see if they can do anything for you, if you're looking for something or whatever.

[quote name='opethfan']---Today we had enough, and my coworker and I put a 1 per customer limit on each game to conserve choice for other customers.[/QUOTE]

You. Rock. :applause:

[quote name='opethfan']So as I said in another thread (or earlier in this one), I work at an RP store and I've noticed a couple of things:

X-mas eve: people who had no idea about the sale, who were stunned by the deal when I told them about it. I got to spend the whole day telling very happy customers what to get for themselves and their families for Christmas. Good day for customer service.

Now: A very large number of customers I have never seen before, predominately Asian males. One pair of guys came in on the phone asking about trade values or something while browsing. A pair yesterday came in with an iPad looking up trade values. Today we had enough, and my coworker and I put a 1 per customer limit on each game to conserve choice for other customers. People put up a fight, claiming 6 copies were for friends , buying one for each system, etc. I decided to call EB and BB to warn them, with these customers in the store :cool: I don't know who'll accept these discs with security rings on them though. They say our store name and number, and EB said they won't take any games with them on.

One pair camped out in the parking and phoned us asking what was on our PV pull list (game pulls are Wednesday), and kept asking at least 3 times. I made sure that there were security rings on the disc, the outer case and on the manual. Hate to be so obnoxious, but after people come in and buy 15 copies of Reach, I draw a solid line. There was at least one case of return fraud at another location, using a disc that was bought from my store (1 game returned for full price, when he bought 3 of the same game, then 3 more of another game right after). I recieved a lot of phone calls from people who had no idea where my store is.

This sale went from being a customer service dream, to a complete nightmare.[/QUOTE]

Reading some of that just made me embarrassed to be a fan of video games. I don't mean to stereotype, but it seems like a lot of these hoarders are older Chinese people that most likely have their own stores or booths in a flea market. It's one thing to swap games to EB or FS for credit, but these people are probably making cash off this.

They really need to change the trade-in programs around here. It's getting abused to the point where customers are profiting and the businesses are the one's losing out.

[quote name='opethfan']So as I said in another thread (or earlier in this one), I work at an RP store and I've noticed a couple of things:[/QUOTE]

You deserve major props for putting up with all those hoarders and sticking (pun intended) it to them.

[quote name='Faytz']Wow thanks for the pictures~

I think I'll inform my friend, I think she wants a copy of trauma team.[/QUOTE]

That's the last one (saw about 3 on the 24th), stickered at $24.99. I suppose there are a few T3's you can do at EB with those games but nothing really interested me. I was surprised that the bins which held new titles previously were actually refilled with, well, turds.

Arbutus:
-tons of UFC 2010 (360) for $29.99
-Clash of the Titans (360) for $19.99
-one Mario Kart Wii ($39.99)
-one Sin & Punishment Wii ($39.99) (also one new at $12.50)
-new copies of DS Extraction ($6.25) and ToS ($7.50) (wish I didn't buy them used)

Stopped by RP on Strandherd+Greenbank (Ottawa) today and there wasn't anything that caught my eye. I think there were a few copies of Enslaved (PS3), one copy of S&P2 (Wii), and some less than stellar games.

Doesn't seem like Vanquish (PS3) was part of this deal, at least according to this thread. That was really the only game I was looking for.

And Opethfan -- That's awesome! Way to hold your ground. I am an Asian dude (one who buys mainly to play and collect games) and I do enjoy hearing about this new funny stereotype. I can't remember the last time a new stereotype has popped up for any race/culture.

I picked up Fallout New Vegas, Halo Reach and Assassin's creed brotherhood on the 24th, at the westway etobicoke location. They were packed with games. I don't know if they still have any games now though.

Chilliwack, B.C. hasn't been completely picked over. There were several copies of Enslaved. My wife and I picked up Guitar Hero: Warriors of Rock, Dragon Age: Origins, and Castlevania. I think I saw Mass Effect 2 as well (or it might have been in the 75% off new bin).

Really choked up that I wasn't able to go there the first day. One of the employees was saying that only 4 people showed up that day. DX Well, here's what I picked up.

Fist of the North Star $39.99
Smackdown vs Raw 2011(PS3) $39.99
Naruto UNS 2(PS3) $39.99

Star Wars TFU II(360) $39.99
Smackdown vs Raw 2011 $39.99
Professor Layton Unwound Future $29.99

Lost Planet 2(PS3) $39.99/75% off

My Rogers barely stocks games at all, when I read about this deal I never even considered walking the 10 minutes to go check it out. With all these crazy discounts lately like 50% off consoles or portables I was under the impression they they're moving toward not stocking video games. At least that's how my store looks.

[quote name='Smashaga']Chilliwack, B.C. hasn't been completely picked over. There were several copies of Enslaved. My wife and I picked up Guitar Hero: Warriors of Rock, Dragon Age: Origins, and Castlevania. I think I saw Mass Effect 2 as well (or it might have been in the 75% off new bin).[/QUOTE]

I was very happy to pickup Castlevania on this sale but after playing it for a few hours, I found it be a bit slow. I really enjoyed Devil May Cry and Bayonetta (one of my favorite) so its slow when compare to those two. Hopefully it will pick up soon.

[quote name='awworld']I was very happy to pickup Castlevania on this sale but after playing it for a few hours, I found it be a bit slow. I really enjoyed Devil May Cry and Bayonetta (one of my favorite) so its slow when compare to those two. Hopefully it will pick up soon.[/QUOTE]

It definitely picks up. But, something you should be aware of is that it really isn't an action game like DMC and Bayonetta. Think of it more as an adventure game.

does anyone know if this is still going on?
i'm going to check an RP tomorrow, i just got back from a vacation and i hope i didn't totally miss out on this amazing deal.
Anyone been the the royal york and Bloor location in Etobicoke recently?
thanks to any answers and i'll post back tomorrow with my results

the location at royal york and bloor in Etobicoke is pretty much empty
only 3 ps3 games face breaker, rock band track pack:metal, ?aerosmith? sing star
like > 10 360 games
some wii games probably > 10
and like about the same for ds
there was nothing i would seriously want

The closing Rogers stores in Calgary are selling everything off today. The Douglasdale Rogers was a madhouse and most of the games were stripped clean by Noon. Games off of the rental shelf are at regular "used prices" and count as buy 1 get 2 free. However by the time I got there the deals were lukewarm.

So I got Fable II, Legendary and Fear for $30.... Not great as the used price for Fable II was still $29.99, so you might get a surprise when you get to the till.

One girl in particular apparently grabbed about 50 DVDs and games, went to one side of the counter.... then started to go through it, texting her boyfriend on what to grab. Yeah, a copy of Vanquish was in there and she asked me.. "Is this a good game?". I didn't have the patience to talk her out of not buying it. Other people were stacking DVD's about 20 high to buy. Blurays had been pulled two weeks earlier and there wasn't much selection.

Eh, and that ends the Rogers Saga.

The location on Carling and Sherbourne here in Ottawa said they would be selling off their rental copies today; they had already been cleared of their new games. There's probably little left at this time but if you want to maybe score some 2/$25 games, check it out. Me, LBP2 is coming next week so it's best for me to save my money for that.

[quote name='gamer602']gamedeals came to the plateau store and took all the games...
stacks of it :([/QUOTE]

he is probally going to resell them at 60 bucks a game!

was it the fat bald dude?

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='rmatheso']The closing Rogers stores in Calgary are selling everything off today. The Douglasdale Rogers was a madhouse and most of the games were stripped clean by Noon. Games off of the rental shelf are at regular "used prices" and count as buy 1 get 2 free. However by the time I got there the deals were lukewarm.
[/QUOTE]

=|

After the weather we had over the weekend you'd think...ugh, nevermind, these aren't normal people to begin with.

So, mate, do you know which stores are closing? all of them? only some of them?

There are 5 closing in Calgary.

The ones I know of are:

Douglasdale
Deer Run
Acadia

Don't know the others.

woodbine is another calgary store closing. I stopped in and grabbed a few things including fallout new vegas, god of war 3 and a few other older titles, it came out to be about $12 per game for 6 games for me.

There weren't too many new titles left as they were all rented out earlier in the week it looked like.

Confirmed they are selling everything that isn't out on rental at St. Albert in Alberta. Despite the 2 asian hoarders grabbing about 100+ games and being given special treatment from the girl behind the till, I was still able to grab onto 9 games.

Uncharted 2 (PS3)
God Of War Collection (PS3)
MAG (PS3)
Ratchet and Clank A crack in Time (PS3)

Legendary (360)
Resident Evil 5 (360)
Mass Effect 2 (360)
Singularity (360)
Dead to Rights (360)

Was really hoping to find Bad Company 2. But no dice.

There were no prices on the games, but none of the above were over $29.99. My total was $90 ($10/game). I can't complain really, but I just couldn't believe the girls working the till let these 2 do this. Multiples of the same game, all systems, you know they are going to trade in somewhere. These guys were behind the till and other shady activity goin on. They actually showed up with about 4 large plastic 60L totes to carry away all the games they bought.

I hope Karma comes and bites these guys in the ass. Engine Failure... or something good.

Those two asian guys which raided the St. Albert Rogers own a pawnshop somewhere in Edmonton. They do this all the time. They were there at the start of December when the clearance sale started and they purchased over $2000 worth of merchandise. The CSR there didn't want to do it, but the staff had been instructed that they must allow these guys to do whatever they wanted. Apparently they had previously denied them and the asian guys complained to the district manager. I'm with you, I hope karma catches up with them.

It's too bad that the St. Albert store closed. The staff were really friendly and they often had a good selection of titles.

I went there yesterday evening, it was pretty picked over. I managed to grab Gitaroo Man Lives (PSP), Trauma Team (Wii) and No More Heroes 2 (Wii) for $25. They've got a bunch of empty display boxes which people kept bringing up, I thought the two girls working were going to go insane with the same speech every two or three minutes.

I was in there on Saturday, if I was using my head I would have just rented the games I wanted to buy. Return them, and buy them. It would have cost a little more, but it would have kept the games out of the hands of those hoarders.

You know, it sucks when we don't get the games we want, but these guys are running a business. There's no reason they can't take advantage of a sale.

[quote name='Opopanax']You know, it sucks when we don't get the games we want, but these guys are running a business. There's no reason they can't take advantage of a sale.[/QUOTE]

Spoken like a true hoarder. ;)

Kidding aside, I offer no sympathy or support for scalpers who abuse sale pricing only to nickel-and-dime others for personal gain. Seeing a supposedly legit "business" resort to this is even worse than those lame craigslist hoarders.

I really think Rogers should put limits on what you can buy at a store closeout but Fat Chance of that ever happening. They want the product out the door and if somebody will spend 3 Grand for it, they take it.

was in the RP in the Richmond and picked up:
COD blops 360
Fallout New Vegas 360
Splatterhouse 360
Fist of the North Star 360
Cod 6 Ps3
WWE 2011 Ps3

bread's done
Back