Run BigNick, Run

greendj27

CAGiversary!
The tornados are coming.

A tornado just hit down a few yards from the television station I work out which is about a mile from my apartment. It was fricking crazy here about 20 minutes ago. Hopefully the hail didn't mess up my car.

It's heading towards Milwaukee....which means run and hide BigNick.

damn, im in the same situation... Appleton, but everythings already passed us up now.BTW damn i love Jim leonhard.

The tornado is still out in Washington county according to the warning on the cable 'ere.

[quote name='BigNick']shaq-fu, and my truck sits in the driveway!!!!!! I heard thunder, but nothing else..... yet.....[/quote]

You must've been in the can when it first blew past. You're in the eye of the storm, man! You probably have time to grab a camera, stick your head out the window, and snap a shot of the entire length of the funnel looking straight up! Just grip a chair with your ankles as you do it so you won't get sucked out. :)

Incidentally, I've read accounts that people have seen tornados throwing off lightening bolts, and one fellow actualy said that what I just joking suggested to BigNick happened to him. He claimed that the inside of the funnel was afire with lightening bolts leaping back and forth (how cool is that?) He was just looking up, however, and did not have a camera, alas.

[edit : no, I must've worded that poorly, greendj. The guy looked up through the "heart" of the funnel, but he wasn't on the can just before (or during.) He was just home and heard a huge uproar...then pulled a Homer Simpson and stuck his head out to see what was goin on. :lol: ]

[quote name='RBM'][quote name='BigNick']shaq-fu, and my truck sits in the driveway!!!!!! I heard thunder, but nothing else..... yet.....[/quote]

You must've been in the can when it first blew past. You're in the eye of the storm, man! You probably have time to grab a camera, stick your head out the window, and snap a shot of the entire length of the funnel looking straight up! Just grip a chair with your ankles as you do it so you won't get sucked out. :)

Incidentally, I've read accounts that people have seen tornados throwing off lightening bolts, and one fellow actualy said that what I just joking suggested to BigNick happened to him. He claimed that the inside of the funnel was afire with lightening bolts leaping back and forth (how cool is that?) He was just looking up, however, and did not have a camera, alas.[/quote]

If I was that guy I would have probably just bent down and kissed my ass goodbye. At least you die happy. Nothing better than sitting on the crapper and reading a good magazine.

fatwalk.gif

BigNick does not run. He stands his ground and yells a challenge to the tornado!

VAE VICTIS!

[quote name='PsyClerk']
fatwalk.gif

BigNick does not run. He stands his ground and yells a challenge to the tornado!

VAE VICTIS![/quote]

I ran a 5K cross country race once.

[quote name='BigNick'][quote name='PsyClerk']
fatwalk.gif

VAE VICTIS![/quote]

I ran a 5K cross country race once.[/quote]

And you have the hospital bills to prove it.

[quote name='greendj27'][quote name='BigNick'][quote name='PsyClerk']
fatwalk.gif

VAE VICTIS![/quote]

And you have the hospital bills to prove it.[/quote]

I have my high school year book, with my picture on the cross country team.

In Madison there were so many trees struck down by lightning. I passed through one whole street that had no electricity. Worst storm I've encountered here. Luckily I was indoors.

[quote name='nachzeher']In Madison there were so many trees struck down by lightning. I passed through one whole street that had no electricity. Worst storm I've encountered here. Luckily I was indoors.[/quote]

That's where I am. The station I work at is WKOW. They showed some footage of the tornado that hit near them. The whole city is a huge mess.

[quote name='PsyClerk']
fatwalk.gif

VAE VICTIS![/quote]

HAHA! He curses at the tornado and flips it off as it sulks away in shame!!!

[quote name='greendj27']Where did you go to high school? I ran at Kaukauna and ran a little at college at Marquette.[/quote]
Tolland, CT

im on the west side of milwaukee, and it didn't seem too bad here..

I was at my friends appartment in Grafton and we went in the basement. My home in Port Washington got pelted good I guess!

[quote name='BigNick'][quote name='PsyClerk']
fatwalk.gif

VAE VICTIS![/quote]

Where did that happen?

[quote name='Missingdata'][quote name='BigNick'][quote name='PsyClerk']
fatwalk.gif

VAE VICTIS![/quote]

Where did that happen?[/quote]

When I was in high school.

storms are cool... i like it when it storms really bad.. dont really like tornadoes coming at my house, but really bad storms are cool

[quote name='Cracka']storms are cool... i like it when it storms really bad.. dont really like tornadoes coming at my house, but really bad storms are cool[/quote]

Yeah I guess. Watching lightning through your window while cows fly everywhere.

hell yes. I just like it raining hard as hell as the wind blows the shit out of the trees.. makes for good sleeping..

The tornado hit the WOW buliding in Little Chute, and that is where my fiancee used to work. No damage in Green Bay that I know of.

bread's done
Back