Ryan Dunn of Jackass dead in car crash

"I'm surrounded by cacti, for fuck's sake... IT'S CACTI!"
"It's cactus."
"Whatever it is, it hurts!"

Shame, he was one of my faves out of all the Jackass crew.

Don't drink and drive is not a difficult concept to understand. Even if he was sober going those speeds on that road was asking for it. His passenger was equally foolish for letting him drive.

Drinking and driving or just driving 110...thankfully nobody else died. He just had a show premiere on G4 last week that he does with Jessica Chobot.

[quote name='diddy310']Drinking and driving or just driving 110...thankfully nobody else died.[/QUOTE]

A passenger that was riding with him died also.

Yeah, I know - I meant people outside the car...you hear drunk driving and immediately think more than one vehicle ends up being involved.

I wonder how many copies of jackass will be re-issued. Its sad but he did die on his own fault, he must have not seen the warning before the bottle

Feel bad for everyone close to him that is affected by this, but I can't feel bad for drunk driving. That wreck is ridiculous lookin'.[quote name='perdition(troy']Thankfully only him and the other moron in the car died and no one else got hurt.[/QUOTE]Yea, really.

Damn, that's a shame. I just redboxed Jackass 3.5 and was thinking about how I was looking forward to maybe seeing another Jackass movie at some point. Like someone else mentioned he was one of the more likeable guys on the cast.

Drinking and driving? fuck him.

Sorry for his family though but I cant believe with all of the dumb stuff the Jackass guys do he gets killed in this way.

[quote name='Lyricsborn']Holy shit and I just saw some special about jackass over the weekend[/QUOTE]
It's on EVERY WEEKEND on MTV2 because nothing is ever really on MTV2.

And I enjoy how his legacy according to every online news site is him sticking a car toy in his ass. As in he died, but no one took a Hot Wheel stuffed in a condom better then he did.

[quote name='bardockkun']It's on EVERY WEEKEND on MTV2 because nothing is ever really on MTV2.

And I enjoy how his legacy according to every online news site is him sticking a car toy in his ass. As in he died, but no one took a Hot Wheel stuffed in a condom better then he did.[/QUOTE]

I DON'T have MTV2. What I saw was on MTV.

[quote name='Lyricsborn']I DON'T have MTV2. What I saw was on MTV.[/QUOTE]

Same difference. Same channel just one has a number tacked on. Neither plays anything good. Only thing is MTV used to have real programming... a long time ago in a galaxy far away...

[quote name='perdition(troy']Thankfully only him and the other moron in the car died and no one else got hurt.[/QUOTE]

+1

[quote name='tiredfornow']Feel bad for everyone close to him that is affected by this, but I can't feel bad for drunk driving. [/QUOTE]

Exactly. I have ZERO sympathy for drunk drivers. There is no excuse whatsoever to get behind the wheel of a car while you have been drinking. It is too bad that he and his friend died but it's not surprising. What an idiot and what a stupid way to go out.

While I do share the sentiment that a drunk driver deserves little sympathy, I think its a little soon to be convicting him of drunk driving. It happened little more than 12 hours ago so they hardly have all the information so far. The only information leading to analysis of drunk driving is that he was speeding, he was previously convicted of drunk driving, and he posted a picture of him drinking earlier in the night.

How much was he drinking? I dunno, but what if it was only 1 drink? Did he deserve to die because of that? If he was drunk driving remains to be seen. For now, I err on the side of not speaking ill of the dead. We'll find out though at some point I'd imagine.

[quote name='georox']Same difference. Same channel just one has a number tacked on. Neither plays anything good. Only thing is MTV used to have real programming... a long time ago in a galaxy far away...[/QUOTE]
Well unless Beavis and Butthead can redeem it...in between a Jersey Shore marathon or that stupid Silent Library show. Yeah, it's boned.

[quote name='RedvsBlue']While I do share the sentiment that a drunk driver deserves little sympathy, I think its a little soon to be convicting him of drunk driving. It happened little more than 12 hours ago so they hardly have all the information so far. The only information leading to analysis of drunk driving is that he was speeding, he was previously convicted of drunk driving, and he posted a picture of him drinking earlier in the night.

How much was he drinking? I dunno, but what if it was only 1 drink? Did he deserve to die because of that? If he was drunk driving remains to be seen. For now, I err on the side of not speaking ill of the dead. We'll find out though at some point I'd imagine.[/QUOTE]

I don't think anyone deserves to die but I have no sympathy for him that it happened. It has been sort of reported that he had 3 beers and 3 shots before getting behind the wheel.

Also, we will never know if he was drunk for sure because his body completely burned up in the wreck.

[quote name='Javery']I don't think anyone deserves to die but I have no sympathy for him that it happened. It has been sort of reported that he had 3 beers and 3 shots before getting behind the wheel.

Also, we will never know if he was drunk for sure because his body completely burned up in the wreck.[/QUOTE]

And if you read further he had spent 4 hours at the bar. 6 drinks in 4 hours for most adult males wouldn't be excessive and probably wouldn't be too much to be able to drive. We'll know for sure at some point when they do an autopsy. I'm not saying I'm right or wrong but I'm waiting to form an opinion until I have all the information.

So he was either being a jackass and drunk driving or just being a jackass and speeding.

I don't see how it looks good either way.

[quote name='RedvsBlue']And if you read further he had spent 4 hours at the bar. 6 drinks in 4 hours for most adult males wouldn't be excessive and probably wouldn't be too much to be able to drive.[/QUOTE]

6 drinks in 4 hours and I'm not driving so much as down the street. I'm 6ft. and 200 lbs. and I would definitely be too drunk to drive. Plus, there is no excuse to drive anywhere if you have more than 2 drinks and even that is pushing it, IMO (recognizing that I'm a little conservative when it comes to this topic because I was hit head on by a drunk driver going the wrong way down a one way street). Get a ride home. Call a cab. Walk. Whatever it takes. Only idiots drink and drive.

[quote name='whoknows']So he was either being a jackass and drunk driving or just being a jackass and speeding.

I don't see how it looks good either way.[/QUOTE]

That's true too - what gives him the right to put everyone else on the road in danger?

[quote name='whoknows']So he was either being a jackass and drunk driving or just being a jackass and speeding.

I don't see how it looks good either way.[/QUOTE]

I'm not defending the guy in any way, particularly if either of those scenarios is what led to the crash. All I'm saying is that its a little soon to be passing judgment on him.

I sincerely hope that if I die in a high speed drunk driving accident some day, with me at the wheel, that people will sympathize with me.

Alternate news headline: "Ryan Dunn performs the best Jackass stunt ever!"

You think before he died he turned to an imaginary camera and said "Hi I'm Ryan Dunn and this is the 'Road Less Traveled'"?

[quote name='SneakyPenguin']I honestly surprised that he's the first from the Jackass crew to die. I always had money on Steve-O.[/QUOTE]

Agreed. Sucks that he died, but he was asking for it apparently.

To be fair I think Steve-O has been clean or at least off drugs for awhile now after he posted a video of himself online with a revolver and was high/drunk awhile back. So he's not prone to easily dying as he once was.

I find it so hard to believe how anyone aside from family and friends can mourn this guys loss. He was irresponsible and could have cost other's there lives. I say good fucking riddance. Even if he wasn't without the influence he was clearly driving recklessly at 110 mph which again puts other innocent people at risk. There's just no excuse for that shit.

I mean seriously, as much money as this guy has he couldn't hire a driver or a fucking taxi?

[quote name='SneakyPenguin']I honestly surprised that he's the first from the Jackass crew to die. I always had money on Steve-O.[/QUOTE]

lol thats the first thing i thought too when i saw this news i bet alot of people lost money on that bet. sucks he died but if he was drink driving i dont feel bad for him i hate drunk drivers.

[quote name='Javery']6 drinks in 4 hours and I'm not driving so much as down the street. I'm 6ft. and 200 lbs. and I would definitely be too drunk to drive. Plus, there is no excuse to drive anywhere if you have more than 2 drinks and even that is pushing it, IMO (recognizing that I'm a little conservative when it comes to this topic because I was hit head on by a drunk driver going the wrong way down a one way street). Get a ride home. Call a cab. Walk. Whatever it takes. Only idiots drink and drive.

That's true too - what gives him the right to put everyone else on the road in danger?[/QUOTE]

I think people driving drunk is stupid too, but 6 drinks in 4 hours, you'd even pass a breathalyzer at that pace.

[quote name='Strell']Drinking aside, 110 MPH?[/QUOTE]

BINGO.

we can debate the drinking, I say if you aren't an asshole, you can drive after having 6 drinks in 4 hours. especially 3 beers and 3 shots. Not only should you feel fine at that pace, like I said above, you'd legally be sober.

But you can't be whipping around regular roads at 110. completely fucking stupid.

[quote name='DestroVega']
But you can't be whipping around regular roads at 110. completely fucking stupid.[/QUOTE]

No, you can't. "Civilian" roads aren't built for vehicles to travel on at those speeds and depending on your car/tires, your vehicle isn't meant to go that fast anyways.

bread's done
Back