s/pdif or toslink for the wii?

fatez

CAGiversary!
Feedback
9 (100%)
is there a cheap and efficient way to convert the analog l/r audio from the wii to digital s/pdif or toslink?

[quote name='fatez']is there a cheap and efficient way to convert the analog l/r audio from the wii to digital s/pdif or toslink?[/quote]

Through your tv?

Any particular reason for doing so? Its not going to improve the sound quality any, nor will you get any more surround from it.

Ruahrc

i have my tv setup kinda high on the wall so i am trying to run everything to my hdmi switch to minimize anymore wires running up to the tv. i picked up a component to hdmi converter but unfortunately the device will only converts component video and the audio is s/pdif or toslink. doesn't make much sense why the box was create this way w/ analog video and digital audio. makes it more difficult for me to try to use it especially for the wii. so far it works but i have no sound.

Unfortunately, no.

i picked up a component to hdmi converter but unfortunately the device will only converts component video and the audio is s/pdif or toslink. doesn't make much sense why the box was create this way w/ analog video and digital audio.

It makes perfect sense. Most of your consumer electronics already has a TOSLink or Digital Audio jack built, and has since the mid to late 90s. Video, at that same time, had composite, component, s-video, and (maybe) DVI. Those converters are made for people that don't wish to trade in their 10 year old home theater or DVD player.

That flat screen they picked up over Black Friday/Christmas works a gazillion times better with HDMI, regardless of what the source material is - or so they were told by the Audio/Video Engineer at hhgregg.

bread's done
Back