S-Video Cables

CoolHungryWolf

CAGiversary!
Feedback
5 (100%)
Are they worth it? And where can i get them for a good price. I saw some "gamestop" brand ones at Gamestop that worked for both ps2 and gamecube for $10, but I'm not so sure about the quality. ANyone know anything?

I recently switched all of my 'modern' systems to s-video, and all of them have noticeably improved video. The only gripe I have is that s-video really seems to separate out the pixels, so there's a sort of fine grid visible if you look closely. I think the composite blurred this effect.

As far as prices, when TRU went to 50% clearance, I grabbed a couple of the PS2 style switchboxes with s-video support. I doubt there are any left at 90% off, but you may get lucky.

I got most of my cables from a site called electric quarter. They carry s-video cables for most systems, and with combined shipping the total cost was better than buying individual cables on ebay.

If you want the best possible quality, monster cable and a couple other high end cable makers have s-video cables for all the current systems. I haven't tried any of the high-end cables to compare whether there's any real improvement for the extra cost.

they are worth it for ps2 and gamecube..

get teh madcats one for like 9,99-12.99

not such a big diff in xbox since its already super sharp

A crap brand S video cable can often be worse than an official regular cable. Go to EB and scour the used accessories. You ll often find an official cable for like $3.

As far as will it make a difference, yes. And dont buy the "you ve gotta go component or dont bother" Thats not the case. In fact, with many TVs, the ps2 s video looks better than the component.
The gamecube, however, is stunning with component, but its not easy to snag official big N cables cheap. You can try out other brands but more often than not, its a waste of money.

All 3 current-gen systems have noticably better picture (and N64 does too). I haven't noticed a big difference between third-party cables and first party cables though. I used to have Mad Catz cables for my Xbox, now I have the official "Advanced AV Pack" ($3 used at EB/Gamestop) and haven't really noticed a difference between the two.

I have some S-cables (used) on my TL for $5 ea and HQ component cables for ps2 (new/sealed) for $10 ea.

I agree with supadupa. Some lesser quality cables make the picture dimmer and the pixels "roll". I look for cables w/ gold ends. MAkes the connection better.

bread's done
Back