Sacred 2 for 360 - $19.99

You should. It's a really good game and you'll definitely get way more than $20 out of it. I can't recommend it enough, especially for veterans of PC games like Diablo II. It's the closest you'll get to recreating the experience on consoles.

It lacks some polish, but at the same time is absolutely huge and truly addictive if you're loot-obsessed.

It's a good game. I already own it. Definitely pick it up if you like hack and slash D&D style games. It has 2-player co-op too.

I said it in the other thread, but I'll say it here too.

This is one of the best XBL experiences I've had if you can get a couple friends together online.

also $19.99 @ gamestop.com .

I have to get back into this game...I'm stuck at some boss who regenerates health when he hits you. Problem is, I have 2 people following me (the type that won't die), and they run up and start wailing on him with their bare hands. Impossible to beat him now. No other quests to do, who the hell are these people..argh. But yeah, for a console Diablo'esque game, it's worth $20.

[quote name='bvharris']You should. It's a really good game and you'll definitely get way more than $20 out of it. I can't recommend it enough, especially for veterans of PC games like Diablo II. It's the closest you'll get to recreating the experience on consoles.

It lacks some polish, but at the same time is absolutely huge and truly addictive if you're loot-obsessed.[/QUOTE]

And a ridiculous [in the good way] 600+ quests, if you can see it all through.
Been chipping away here and there on the PS3 and it
scratches that Diablo/Loot itch rather nicely.

Got like 80 hours out of the game at least, but only beat it once. The game needs a respec option. If you don't thoroughly research your character, you WILL restart. Several times.

Also the loot/modifiers and skills are balanced completely different from Diablo or anything. It's basically a case of learning said skill once, and leaving it there while getting as many +skills as possible on gear, because of cooldown times.

I just don't like how needlessly complicated they had to make loot and modifiers. You have +skills, +all skills, +general skills, +x tree skills, +y tree skills. Not including all of the miscellaneous random different kinds of bleeds, chance to disarm, parry, etc etc.

Also, one other console-specific difference: Loot is not color-coded while on the ground. Not a big issue since you can control what you loot via autolooting.

If anyone's hesitating on buying, look at the various guides and wikis first. This isn't a simple hack 'n slash, and if you can't put in the time to learn the game mechanics, you'll get frustrated. Not to say it's not a great niche game though. :)

[quote name='MysterD']Keep in mind - Sacred 2: Ice and Blood expansion never came to the consoles.[/QUOTE]

The expansion never even came out of Europe and requires a European Sacred 2 to play, so it's a moot point... and imo, the game isn't worth the extra money of getting the import.

[quote name='Rhett']Got like 80 hours out of the game at least, but only beat it once. The game needs a respec option. If you don't thoroughly research your character, you WILL restart. Several times.

Also the loot/modifiers and skills are balanced completely different from Diablo or anything. It's basically a case of learning said skill once, and leaving it there while getting as many +skills as possible on gear, because of cooldown times.

I just don't like how needlessly complicated they had to make loot and modifiers. You have +skills, +all skills, +general skills, +x tree skills, +y tree skills. Not including all of the miscellaneous random different kinds of bleeds, chance to disarm, parry, etc etc.

Also, one other console-specific difference: Loot is not color-coded while on the ground. Not a big issue since you can control what you loot via autolooting.

If anyone's hesitating on buying, look at the various guides and wikis first. This isn't a simple hack 'n slash, and if you can't put in the time to learn the game mechanics, you'll get frustrated. Not to say it's not a great niche game though. :)[/QUOTE]
This.

But also. fuck this game. You'll need to be a calculus whiz to "plan ahead" for your character. This isn't exactly Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance we're talking about here.

I bought this game full price because my friend suckered me into it and I ended up loving the shit out of this game. I put 200+ hours into it across 2 characters. Granted, I have discovered by playing this, Too Human, KUF: Circle of Doom and Borderlands that I'm a loot fiend.

My suggestion for new players is to go with the Inquisitor and put into Levin Array and Clustering Maelstrom early and often, especially to lower their cooldown and then combine the spells. Then you can run around and just collect a huge stream of enemies following you, circle around to bring them in close, cast and marvel at the shitload of XP you'll gain. Later on you can put into the Reverse Polarity buff which gives you a chance to reflect damage and the Soul Reaver buff which increases your attack & defense the more enemies you kill. If you can keep a good 'combo' going, the latter makes you nearly invincible.

The story is retarded but if you're into co-op and crazy loot, you will definitely get your money's worth out of this one.

I got this at the gamestop gamedays sale, had second thoughts, and put it on glyde...someone bought it for, after fees and such, about the same as I paid for it. Perhaps with it permanently at this price it'll drop more, and I'll have "third thoughts" and pick it up again.

bread's done
Back