Safe buying factory reconditioned XBox on ebgames.com?

alfonsosoriano

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Would it be safe to buy one from there factory reconditioned, or would it be wise to spend more and buy used?

Also, if anyone knows, are there any good deals on XBox's around?

[quote name='AlanSaysYo']I wouldn't buy a non-new Xbox unless I could look inside at the drive tray to make sure it didn't have a Thomson drive.[/QUOTE]
That's the one important fact to remember.

[quote name='AlanSaysYo']I wouldn't buy a non-new Xbox unless I could look inside at the drive tray to make sure it didn't have a Thomson drive.[/QUOTE]

Why's that?

Also, I probably wouldn't even ever get on Live. I don't care much for online play.

[quote name='alfonsosoriano']Would it be safe to buy one from there factory reconditioned, or would it be wise to spend more and buy used?

Also, if anyone knows, are there any good deals on XBox's around?[/QUOTE]

The factory reconditioned systems are the ones that EB gets from Microsoft. They come packed the same as the new ones without as much color on the box. They also come with a 90 day guarantee from Microsoft as a new one. You never know what the problem with the factory reconditioned one was though. It could have been a total redo of the system or it could have been stupid person who couldn't hook it up right and Microsoft gave 'em a refund.

Also, don't count on it, but MS has put factory reconditioned green Halo editions in some of those boxes. You could get lucky.

Oh God, do not buy a reconditioned XBOX, we get so many of those back. Plus, they often give you a cheap third party controller and not the "real" one.

Also, NEVER buy a used PS2. So many DRE's, I have nightmares.......

Alright, so I guess now that the $130 refurbished one is out of the question, I guess I should just go for the system only for $150, if I can find one.

get one at circuitcity.. try to find the 10% off coupon or 20 off 200 and buy a controller or somethin.. just a heads up...

bread's done
Back