Saints Row 2 CE and Regular $19.99 at Fred Meyer B&M only

severian00

CAGiversary!
Like the title says, Saints Row 2 for both 360 and PS3 is $19.99 at Fred Meyer B&M stores while supplies last. I believe the sale is good for the next month but it may only be through the week (I didn't look at the date on the tag). Both the stores I saw it at had lots of copies.

[quote name='Boltbacker']I just got the CE on the 360 there are still 3 left for the 360 and 1 PS3 copy at my Freddy's.[/QUOTE]

what freddy's is that? there are like 5 in vancouver I have to choose from, hopefully 1 of them still has a 360 CE copy. Thanks OP, I would have missed this if it wasn't for you.

Got a CE 360 copy at Richland, WA Freddys.. There were only two or three CEs left, but maybe 8 or 9 regulars. I forgot to even look at the PS3 version. Also they had their sales tags out to show both versions being 19.99.

Ton of regulars (unmarked), but no CEs at one of my local Fred Meyer. I've got such a backlog I'll wait until it's that price everywhere or I can get another good deal on the CE.

[quote name='loomis1975']Got a CE 360 copy at Richland, WA Freddys.. There were only two or three CEs left, but maybe 8 or 9 regulars. I forgot to even look at the PS3 version. Also they had their sales tags out to show both versions being 19.99.[/quote]

No PS3 CE here. One more 360 CE after I grabbed mine.

I picked up (2) 360 CE today in Vancouver, WA. If any Vancouver area CAG needs one and wants to meet up, PM me. I'm not interested in shipping it, so local CAGs only.

Confirmed @ Barbur Blvd in Portland, OR. No CE, but 15 or 20 copies of the regular edition for $19.99

[quote name='Sixtail']If someone is willing to pick up a 360 CE, I'll gladly pay for it along with shipping. PM me.[/quote]

Will do the same pm me we can make a deal :cool:

I just got back from the new freddy's off sr-14. they didn't have any CE's in the case, but I asked the grl behind the counter if they might have some in the back. She came out with 2 in hand, gave me one and put the other in the case. so if they don't have it in the case, make sure to ASK :)

funny, posted this on fw few days ago and got negative ratings... comes down to posting to appropriate community no doubt. i have a ce copy that i'm gonna return so i'd be happy to ship to someone for purchase price + ship or if a pdx'er wants to meet in sw portland, they can take it off my hands for the $20.

edit: gone

Last edited by a moderator:
Kinda off topic but: Got to a glitch playing this game. Happens towards the end. Cannot access the Ultor stronghold mission even though it shows on the map (near the strip mall). Please pm me if you know a way around this. It's happened to others as well, not just me. thanx.

I'd be interested in paying up to $27 shipped for a 360 SR2 CE. I don't expect people to be beating down my door to sell it at that price - I know you can do better elsewhere - but if someone is able to get this for me, I'd appreciate it. PM me.

There were 5 or so left of the CE when I picked it up this morning at the store on 158th & Walker here in Beaverton. There was also about 80 copies of the regular edition. Thanks for the heads up!

No CE left in bellingham as of this evening. There are a bunch of regular ones for both the ps3 and the xbox if you are looking

Managed to snag the last CE edition. I was a little worried about it because I didn't see a 19.99 marker but it still rang up as 19.99. The cashier was looking at the register and back at the price saying "well something is weird here." I said "yeah it's on sale." Pretty cool when we know more about the sales than the employees.
Pretty big savings so thanks yall.

I don't have a FM anywhere near me either or I'd get one of the PS3 CE's for sure.

I have the normal PS3 version, which I just beat last night.

There's tons of stuff to do before/after you finish the game, moreso than even the GTA games now.

Has everyone with a Fred Meyer's had these games ring up @ $19.99? A buddy of mine in Michigan checked out his local FM after I told him they were $19.99 and when he went to the register w/ 2 SR2 360 they "rung up" at $49.99 - case of a missed price update at the store or was this just a regional thing (price reduction to $19.99)?

[quote name='autche']Has everyone with a Fred Meyer's had these games ring up @ $19.99? A buddy of mine in Michigan checked out his local FM after I told him they were $19.99 and when he went to the register w/ 2 SR2 360 they "rung up" at $49.99 - case of a missed price update at the store or was this just a regional thing (price reduction to $19.99)?[/QUOTE]

I thought Fred Meyer in Michigan was Kroger?

[quote name='autche']Has everyone with a Fred Meyer's had these games ring up @ $19.99? A buddy of mine in Michigan checked out his local FM after I told him they were $19.99 and when he went to the register w/ 2 SR2 360 they "rung up" at $49.99 - case of a missed price update at the store or was this just a regional thing (price reduction to $19.99)?[/quote]

Perhaps he went to Meijer's as they are based in Michigan? As opposed to Fred Meyer's which is a west coast chain.

Yeah, if anyone wants regular versions let me know as my local store had plenty. Confirmed the CE also at $19.99 (but I got the only one already). Fortunately they didn't have the CE marked as being on sale so it sat there until I saw this thread just today!

I understand the "WTF is Fred Meyer" comments as it is a pretty regional chain. I say the same thing when I see all these Meijer and Micro Center deals ;). Fred Meyer is actually the closest major store to me and they don't often have great deals but when they do it is easy as pie for me to get in on. They used to have great clearances but they have kept their games stuck at the same prices for like a year now (for the most part). Like today I saw they had Syhpon Filter Dark Mirror for PS2 clearanced at $29.97 - are you fucking kidding me? :lol:

If anyone wants one PM me I have a xtra 360 CE. I would trade it for Pure 360 and a 1600pt card, or $40 shipped paypal only.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='h2dk']Perhaps he went to Meijer's as they are based in Michigan? As opposed to Fred Meyer's which is a west coast chain.[/quote]

I think you're right; I remember telling him Fred Meyer's and I believe I recall him saying "Meijer's" - I see how we could have gotten our signals crossed there.

[quote name='io'] They used to have great clearances but they have kept their games stuck at the same prices for like a year now (for the most part). Like today I saw they had Syhpon Filter Dark Mirror for PS2 clearanced at $29.97 - are you fucking kidding me? :lol:[/quote]
This, I know unrelated, but there was a day when I got about 12 PS2 games for about $1.25. That was a nice day.

Still one copy of the CE and bunches of regular for the 360 at the Marysville, WA store, as of 4:00 PM. Was running short on time when I ran in and wasn't able to check the PS3 supply on the shelf.

[quote name='autche']Has everyone with a Fred Meyer's had these games ring up @ $19.99? A buddy of mine in Michigan checked out his local FM after I told him they were $19.99 and when he went to the register w/ 2 SR2 360 they "rung up" at $49.99 - case of a missed price update at the store or was this just a regional thing (price reduction to $19.99)?[/quote]

There is no Fred Meyer in Michigan. The stores are only located in Oregon, Washington, and Alaska, 126 in total. In Utah, they are Smith's Marketplace. They are a subsidiary of Kroger but are a full line department store unlike other Kroger stores.

Gah, two Fred Meyers here for 30,000 people, and not one collector's edition. Plenty of regular editions for both systems though.

Some more Fred Meyer clearance marvels:

:ps3: Beijing Olympics $44.97!
:ps3: Harry Potter Order of Phoenix $24.97!

So, yeah, that makes this Saint's Row 2 deal stand out even more ;).

It's Founders Day next week and they will have a 10% off video game software and accessories coupon. It should work on Saints Row 2 and bring the total to $17.99.

b49389230.jpg

Also, they will again have Buy 1 Get 1 Value games as well.

Thanks for posting. I managed to snag the last 360 CE in Port Orchard on Tuesday. Not too often you find good deals at FM.

I just got back from the downtown Lynnwood, WA Fred Meyer, where I got the last PS3 CE. They also had 8 PS3 regular versions as well.

More importantly for any 360 players in the area, they had 4 360 CEs as well as 8 360 regular versions.

[quote name='eau']It's Founders Day next week and they will have a 10% off video game software and accessories coupon. It should work on Saints Row 2 and bring the total to $17.99.

b49389230.jpg

Also, they will again have Buy 1 Get 1 Value games as well.[/quote]

Thanks for the info, eau! What does "Buy 1 Get 1 Value games" mean?

[quote name='io']Even better, there's a $10 off $50 coupon thurs - sat.[/quote]

How did you find out about this? $10 off multiple items totaling $50, or only 1 item? I'm not sure what I'd get...

Yes. It's Buy 1 value game Get 1 value game free.

$10 off $50 coupon is good now till this Saturday. Works on regular, sale and clearance items as long as the total is over $50. Excludes Food, and certain products.

bread's done
Back